Transformers x Hot Wheels images leaked!

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I definitely like the look, as I love tinier versions of things I already have, but that $80 price tag is a little extreme.

I do wonder if he's compatible with the trailer from the vehicle mode Optimus from earlier.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
It's really $80?! Does it come with the other '84 Autobots in car mode, or a trailer that doubles as a tv tray or something? Seriously, while kinda cool, I'm not seeing $80 worth of value here.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There are a couple of "just a normal car, but it's a custom mold" Mattel Creations up on their site that are $70, so I guess it's not totally out of line. Still feels way too high for me, though.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Pretty sure I can still find a Gobot Road Ranger second-hand for $5-10 that has die-cast, is the same scale, AND has a trailer in alt-mode. For that matter, Core Optimus is around $10 for just the cab and on sale on Pulse for $30 with trailer and a bonus Bumblebee.

How they think $80 is a reasonable price for this is hard to fathom, but if it sells, I guess they know their market.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Pretty sure I can still find a Gobot Road Ranger second-hand for $5-10 that has die-cast, is the same scale, AND has a trailer in alt-mode. For that matter, Core Optimus is around $10 for just the cab and on sale on Pulse for $30 with trailer and a bonus Bumblebee.

How they think $80 is a reasonable price for this is hard to fathom, but if it sells, I guess they know their market.
Hot Wheels collectors are a different bunch tbh.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Yeah, that doesn't even look like an $80 toy by IP Infringing Product standards, let alone by actual retail Transformer standards.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
Hot Wheels collectors are a different bunch tbh.
Quoted for truth. I have a friend who used to work the toy department at a Walmart, and she had all kinds of stories about Hot Wheels collectors...

Full disclosure, if this were in the $20-30 range, with the trailer ($10-15 without), I would absolutely buy a figure in this scale to go with my Gobots. It hits that nostalgia button hard, but the high-end collector pricing for late 70s/early 80s toy engineering that shrunk in the wash is a hard stop.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Hot-Wheels-Transformers-Optimus-Prime-02.jpg

That is the least efficient box I have ever seen.

KingSwoop

Citizen
The $80 price tag here is obscene and shameful. At this point I kind of hope everyone even fringe associated with this project is fired. Like if I go to a bakery and they try to tell me a half loaf of break for $80, I hope they go out of business just for the insult, let alone because I don't want anyone else to have to be similarly insulted. You're free to do whatever you want, but I'm also free to hope your business tanks and you die alone in a ditch of your Boneitus that you forgot to cure because you were so busy ripping off people.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
The $80 price tag here is obscene and shameful. At this point I kind of hope everyone even fringe associated with this project is fired. Like if I go to a bakery and they try to tell me a half loaf of break for $80, I hope they go out of business just for the insult, let alone because I don't want anyone else to have to be similarly insulted. You're free to do whatever you want, but I'm also free to hope your business tanks and you die alone in a ditch of your Boneitus that you forgot to cure because you were so busy ripping off people.
WhoaTakeItEasyGIF.gif

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Quoted for truth. I have a friend who used to work the toy department at a Walmart, and she had all kinds of stories about Hot Wheels collectors...
No joke. I very casually collect 1:64 cars, and I'm always amazed to see grown adult men sifting through the pallet crates of Hot Wheelses that end up in the middle of the main aisles of Wal-Marts and such for ages. And then there are the guys who will take stuff off the pegs and just leave it strewn about all over nearby shelves, which is infuriating as someone who used to work in retail. I know members of the actual HW target age range that have better manners.

The extent of my 'hunting' is occasionally looking past what's on the front of the pegs when I walk past that section.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
Look on the bright side. If nobody actually wants this, that means eBay won't be flooded with tiny handless Optima in 2026.

Top Bottom