Friendship is Plastic: MLP toy thread

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
20240713_180824.jpg

So uh, someone that is TOTALLY NOT ME, It's like just some guy I know who did this.

Found this at his job. There were a good like six or seven on a clearance shelf. Problem is, these are apparently a Toys R Us Canada exclusive, and Wal-Mart exclusive for the US. This was found on a Target shelf. When attempting to price check the system said item was not on file. Seems Target wasn't supposed to have this period, and because of that they wouldn't sell it.

Fast forward several weeks later, there is ONE back on the clearance shelf. THIS time the guy brought it to the register knowing it wouldn't ring up and when asked if they remembered how much it was said: "Well the clearance tag said five bucks..."

They got it for five bucks.

Dvandom

Citizen
When store exclusives end up at the "wrong" store, I usually suspect "shoplifted or speculator-regret and then returned for store credit to a different store."

---Dave

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
When store exclusives end up at the "wrong" store, I usually suspect "shoplifted or speculator-regret and then returned for store credit to a different store."

---Dave
Have to assume that wasn't the case here though. At first there was a whole pile of them. So I'm assuming the wrong box came in. I know in my deli we sometimes get a product we don't carry.

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Pipp is standing on a box.

---Dave
I legit thought they did this with the toy to display it. No turns out they used the same mold for Pipp and her mom. It doesn't look right at all.

Oh well still happy to have the set. Mainly because it gives me a Misty Toy.

Dvandom

Citizen
New at Dollar Tree. They're still a bit bigger than the G4 blind bags, but closer than the clear plastic G5 ones from last year.
DTponies2024.JPG

And yes, Pipp is Smol.

---Dave

Videomaster21XX

Citizen
Oh so they are new? I picked them up like a month ago. I would have posted.

Still annoyed that there is a big lack of Misty toys.

Dvandom

Citizen
Dollar Tree distribution can be spotty, you might've been among the first to see 'em on the pegs, or they could've come out back in March. Hard to say. But they're some level of new.

---Dave

Top Bottom