Final Fantasy

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I considered fanting my WoL into Hrothgar. But Neera was born Viera and Viera she shall remain.

Of course I do have two bottles of Fanta just sitting in my inventory.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
I might change one of my alts. But if I'm gonna bother changing Iyami again, it'll be to a race that can wear hats.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I don't have any alts past lvl. 15. I have no desire to go all the way back to ARR. I may make a new alt though, just to see what I can do with the character creator

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_3209.jpeg

Leather-clad biker girl with a touch of sophistication.

Dvandom

Citizen
For those who don't know, the second bottle of free fantasia is available from a mission at the north end of Sapphire Avenue in Ul'dah. (Might also be available in the other two core cities, I haven't checked.)

---Dave

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I have my two free bottles but I'm trying not to use them. At $10 a pop, it sounds like a hell of a drug to get addicted to.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
TMM finished the main storyline last night.
This one was bittersweet, I cried a bit. I'm glad it wasn't as depressing as the last one. I like Wuk Lamat a lot for being a herbo (female himbo). The two-headed guy felt like a cartoon villain during the trials, and I liked that you end up winning him over. I felt that Sphene was too perfect at first, so you know something else was going on. The arc is not without its flaws, and I still think I liked Shadowbringers the best, but still enjoyable.
Also, I've only known Gulool Ja for a day and a half, but if anything happened to him... 😆

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
*finger hovers over spoiler button*

Nope! Nope nope nope! Not gonna do it. I've waited too long for this expansion.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Credits are rolling. That was a trip.

Shadowbringers may take a while to be dethroned as my favorite. But I do like how the tone was lighter, even with the bittersweetness there at the end. I had to call it a night after Krile's parents moved on. It also hurt heaps with Erenville. But all and all, it was still a nice breather.

As expensive as they are, I have got to get one of those futuristic motorcycle mounts!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Okay, someone in my FC asked what I thought about it. What I put there kinda summarizes it fairy well. So...copy/paste.

It's going to take a lot for Shadowbringers to be dethroned. If I'm to be totally honest, this didn't even come close. But I found it to be very enjoyable.

It has its dramatic moments and high stakes. But at the same time it still manages to be a much needed breather after everything we've gone through with the ascians.

A good bulk of the complaints I've heard center around Wuk Lamat. I will say her character gets a lot better in the second half. I do wish more time had been given to the Scions and I can understand why some people would resent Wuk for taking away much of the spotlight from the WoL. I still like her character though and think that there's still plenty more to be done with her.

So over all, much needed breather vs too much emphasis on Wuk... I still have to give it a solid 8.5 out of 10. Certainly not nearly as bad as I've heard some people say, but ShB is in no danger of being dethroned quite yet.

Dvandom

Citizen
I just finished main Endwalker on another character, and it does bug me that after his big "Promise me we'll travel together" speech, G'raha did not come along to Tural. Like, maybe he shows up later (I'm still in the earlier part of the story, just talked to the Giants last night), but after he specifically called out the New World in his speech before going to confront Sir, it feels like a continuity goof.

---Dave

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
He's involved in the Myths of the Realm alliance raids. Otherwise, it could be another thread to pick up later. Given we only have a few of the Scions around for most of Dawntrail, it seems like they're going back to cycling through the group rather than having the entire gang all the time like the last two expansions.

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen

Dvandom

Citizen
Given that the closest location is over a two hour drive, and I don't drink bubble tea anyway, guess I get to miss out on the King Porxie. (All my characters who have gotten past Shadowbringers have a regular Porxie, though.)

---Dave

Dvandom

Citizen
Yesterday I discovered that the fine print on the Mountain Dew promo limits you to two things total, no matter your points.

---Dave

The Mighty Mollusk

Citizen
Local Gong Cha already ran out of keychains for an event that started yesterday. Still had mount codes, at least.

Dvandom

Citizen
Okay, finished Dawntrail MSQ last night. The final zone had a lot of echoes with Ultima Thule, in terms of construction and story arc. Specifically, how it's built of pieces of remembered past, and we have to lose NPCs to advance.

---Dave

Top Bottom