My Adventures With Superman

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Looks like I guessed wrong about who the Kryptonian Warrior from the Season 1 finale was. Though, no one could have seen them recasting her voice actress, anyway.

They got DBZ in our Superman!!!!
Tell me about it! This season has been the most "anime" a Superman cartoon has ever been. Even the music feels like how 90s anime dubs used to replace the J-pop insert songs of action scenes with rock 'n' roll music tracks.

I don't have the means to watch it: so I torrent it when the season ends: I've been trying to avoid spoilers.
I just watch it on Adult Swim's website.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Yeah, the adult swim website streaming is functionally region locked because you need an american cable provider to sign in and take advantage.

I don't have a means to watch it; so I torrent it when the season ends.

Dvandom

Citizen
When Clark and Kara were pushing Kandor off Earth, the music felt VERY FLCL. And, of course, the AT field visual riff.

---Dave

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I haven't said anything because i've been too busy to watch. Plan to binge the season when I get the chance to. Life happens.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I actually finished this the other day and I ended up really like the conclusion! Like, I wasn't wild about all the government stuff and Lois' dad since I wanted it to be more of Superman living day to day and some rom com. I raised an eyebrow when Supergirl was suddenly there and acting like a batch.

But all the dramatic action came up and it was just awesome, haha. I get the AT field from Neon Genesis Evangelion but what's the FLCL reference?

Great on the Black Mercy, ok on Steel (I like Skipper and the glitter copter more), yay on Mallah and the Brain returning, cool on kid Lex (I actually expected him to run but come back with more firepower, aw), boo on Kara and Jimmy romance, extreme eyeroll on dumb Lois breaking up with Clark, love poor Jimmy's bankroll aaaaaw.

Btw, was it shown last season that Livewire and Heatwave were a couple? Or was it new for s2? I don't recall picking up on any hints.

Dvandom

Citizen
The music during the big AT Field punch scene (which itself had some similar composition to the "Atavis hand coming down") was very FLCL-y, at least to my ears.

---Dave

Top Bottom