Shapeways files for bankruptcy

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Your local library might have one you can use. Even if you definitely want to get your own, trying theirs will give you a sort of baseline for comparison, since odds are they would have one comparable to typical entry level consumer stuff.

---Dave

No, smaller city and all that, so no 3D printers, unfortunately.

Echowarrior

Citizen
I will say, a filament printer is nice and relatively inexpensive. However, it can usually only get down to about a .5mm accuracy. Some good ones maybe down to .2mm accuracy. That is fine for a lot of things, but not good for small detailed things. If you are wanting do print things like that, you might have to consider the resin printers.

Then again, I'm sure you probably knew this information. Just throwing that out there for people who might be in a similar situation as you.

Hey, I am open to any and all suggestions and advice. All I'm asking for is a 3D printer that can give me print quality at or approaching what Shapeways allowed for with their clear ultra fine detail plastic...and hopefully one that isn't super expensive. I have to worry about paying a mortgage soon, after all.

Top Bottom