A Long Time Ago In a Galaxy Far, Far Away.... - Star Wars General Discussion

Axaday

Citizen
The droid had a name. He remembered Anakin's name and spent far less time with him. I mean...this is an inconsistency in ANY case and maybe it should be left at that, but in story it could be a strong indication that Shmi hadn't been in his family long and he didn't much care about her.

The droid pushes itself on him and he just kind shrugs and says he doesn't have any use for an etikettt droid until he finds out it can speak the language of some farm equipment and then he decides it can come in. No "Man, isn't that the same one we had through my whole childhood. Didn't it leave with blasted Anakin? Is this a bad omen?"

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I don't know the name of my first smartphone, and I had that thing for almost 10 years. If you handed me my exact one, refurbished and completely wiped, I wouldn't know.

Especially if you covered it in gold paint I'm certain I don't remember.

Dake

Citizen
HTC Mogul running Winmo 5. 🤣 (but of course I couldn't tell you if it was my specific phone which is really the point).

But yeah, people in the SW universe have very short memories.

Last edited:

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Terrible private investigators, too. Couldn't find Obi Wan Kenobi after he changed his first name and started living next door to his old apprentice's family.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
HTC Mogul running Winmo 5. 🤣 (but of course I couldn't tell you if it was my specific phone which is really the point).

But yeah, people in the SW universe have very short memories.

Fair enough. Now try remembering that 22 years after you last saw it.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
Arguing that three potentially random numbers and/or letters (3, P, 0, in this case) constitutes a name that a person, in a society that depersonalizes the most likely owners of such names, should remember after more than a decade... seems a stretch.

Ultra Magnus13

Citizen
I don't see 3PO being a problem either way. I have inanimant objects I can id as "mine" based off of wear, dings, damage, serial numbers etc. Meanwhile my friend sometimes walks up to a car from a different manufacturer thinking it his cause it the same color.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Terrible private investigators, too. Couldn't find Obi Wan Kenobi after he changed his first name and started living next door to his old apprentice's family.

This part doesn't bother me either. There was genuinely zero reason to think he'd be on Tatooine. He'd sorta been there once, but he stayed on a ship the whole time and didn't talk to any locals. It almost doesn't count. If I disappear one day and the CIA tries to track me down, they're not going to go looking in some town where my only connection is that I happened to be in the car when my family stopped for gas there 30 years ago.

Top Bottom