Game Awards 2023

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen

Not that I care much about award programs in general, but I wanted to show some support for BG3.

There's a lot of categories, so I'm just going to give my thoughts on GotY and let the conversation go from there.

1. Alan Wake 2
I haven't played this. To be honest, I hadn't even heard of it until I saw the nomination.

2. Super Mario Bros. Wonder.
Honestly, it's a great game and deserves the nomination. I love 2D Mario and I love how they mixed things up with this. Still, it is a very short game. I completed it in just a few days. Hard to hold it up as the pinnacle. I definitely think it's a good third place.

3. Tears of the Kingdom
I really wanted to vote for this. Zelda is my number one favorite franchise of all time. For most of the year this was my choice for GotY. But then the next entry came out.

4. Baldur's Gate 3
This really does deserve all the praise it gets. I mean, two things to take away from this: I of all people let it beat out a Zelda game for GotY and other game studios seriously came out basically saying to not expect this to become a new standard because they can't live up to it. Yeah, this one took my vote.

5. Resident Evil 4
I'm sorry, but I'm not going to vote for a remake as GotY. I have played previous versions, but not this one. But still, just out of principle, I'm not voting for a remake for GotY.

6. Spiderman 2
I actually do want to play this. It looks good and I've heard good things. But past that... I can't say anything.

I also voted for Astarions voice actor for best voice acting. Seriously, if you haven't yet, check out Baldur's Gate 3.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
Surprised AC6 didn't get into the GOTY running, feel like Mario and Spidey 2 are kinda too recent, Alan Wake REALLY too recent since it dropped like a week before the voting started??

Figure a lot of the big categories will be a 3-way fight between BG3, Spidey 2, and RE4 to be the big show-sweeper. I'm usually fairly meh on the whole thing save for a handful of categories, but this one as a whole feels so much more boring than usual, so even more than normal, I'm just in it for the trailers and seeing if the Muppets do anything fun again.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I really get the feeling BG3 is going to be the shoo-in for all the categories it's nominated in.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Agreed! That trailer was my largest pop-off of the whole event!

Just JSR or Crazy Taxi alone would have elicited joyous glee from me, but both!? Alongside Golden Axe, Shinobi and Streets of Rage? Happy birthday to me!!!

(It really was my birthday yesterday)

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Happy birthday. Since I got Streets of Rage 4 for my birthday, I'm eyeing a 3D SoR cautiously but the announcement of everything else is shoving those worries aside. Especially since I'm actually looking forward to a 3D Golden Axe.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
With life as it is, and this year being utter <censored> I've played Resident Evil 4 remake, and a chunk of Star Wars Jedi Survivor, and I haven't beaten it yet so... yeah I don't even know anything about most of these games to really care.

Heck sadly most of them are just games I doubt I'll ever care to play.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I can't wait until the 25th. I put Spiderman 2 on my Christmas list, so I can't really just buy it until then. But I'll definitely be playing it one way or another. But man...the waiting!

Top Bottom