Hyrule Town Square

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The Masterworks artbook announcement was also accompanied by some preview images.

cBT9nxW.jpeg

Gr9jaEn.jpeg

GoZFSAI.jpeg

umZifBn.jpeg

Pv0zsWX.jpeg

Last edited:

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
I kind of assumed that at some point Skyloft fell apart and was replaced by the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess. Every now and then Hyrule just gets bombarded by pieces of floating cities.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I kind of assumed that at some point Skyloft fell apart and was replaced by the City in the Sky from Twilight Princess. Every now and then Hyrule just gets bombarded by pieces of floating cities.
The City in the Sky always struck me as some sort of artificial construct actually built by someone, what with all its propeller-based technology seemingly keeping it aloft in the sky, rather than a natural chunk of earth magically raised into the air like Skyloft was.

Sjogre

Citizen
I think that it was bit too close of a tie. Tears was pretty unambiguous about being it's own thing, and the Zonai flying islands seemingly replaced it in the story.

Even aside from being a bit big of a reference, it doesn't fit the architecture used by the Zonai.

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
also skyloft presumably crumbled centuries, possibly even millennia ago. TOTK and BOTW are so far ahead in the timeline that previous Zeldas are in deep time territory.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
At the very least, the devs originally planning to include Skyloft with the other sky islands in TOTK does seem to confirm two things.

First, it means that the Great Plateau is its own separate landmass after all and not a fallen Skyloft as some theorists have previously speculated.

Second, it means that the cloud barrier that the Light Dragon punctures at the beginning of TOTK is likely the very same cloud barrier that kept Skyloft hidden in the sky in SS.

Top Bottom