[IC] Mey Hem: Submitted For Your Disapproval (cont.)

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage almost snapped when Lucidas casually ‘thanked’ him for revealing Friday, as well as what he planned to do. This was then only exacerbated when he called Monday to him and started gloating!

However, it was this gloating that diffused Kage’s building anger. Instead, he chuckled.

“Greater than, eh?

I see. Twice the Pride. Double the Fall!”

Life:100
Energy:5

Numerical Orb 1a deals 31+13=44 Total Damage to Kage

Kage uses [-2] Cape Wave (Shield) - Minor Action
Energy:5-2=3

Roll 2d8 to reduce damage taken
1d8=1
1d8=8
Total:9

44-9=35

Damage reduced to 35
Life:100-35=65

Utility Belt (Jester’s Fortune) activates on d8 roll. Use Bagof Tricks twice.

Roll 1d6 and activate effect

First Use
1d6=4

Lucidas suffers Weakness 4

Second Use
1d6=6

Lucidas suffers 6 Damage.

Kage gains 6 Life.
Life:65+6=71

Kage uses [+3] Contingency Plan (Powerspark) - Standard Action
Energy:3+3=6

Roll 1d6, 1d10, 1d12
1d8=3
1d10=9
1d12=12

Kage gains 3 Life
Life:71+3=74

Utility Belt (Jester’s Fortune) activates on d12 roll. Use Bag of Tricks four times.

Roll 1d6 and activate effect.

First Use
1d6=4

Lucidas suffers Weakness 4

Second Use
1d6=6

Kage gains 6 Life.
Life:74+6=80

Lucidas suffers 6 Damage

Third Use
1d6=6

Kage gains 6 Life
Life:80+6=86

Lucidas suffers 6 Damage

Fourth Use
1d6=1

Kage gains 1 Energy
Energy:6+1=7

Kage takes another Standard Action thanks to The Chemist.

Kages uses [+4] QuickDraw - Standard Action
Energy:7+4=11

Use two additional Monor Action

Kage uses [-2] Rush for the Kill - Minir Action
Energy:11-2=9

Roll 2d6
1d6=2
1d6=4
Total:6

Lucidas suffers 6 Damage

Kages uses [-2] Lightning Blade - Minir Action (Bladespell)
Energy:9-2=7

Use Lightning Blade A. The next attack power will deal an additional 4d8 Damage.

Kage uses [0] Quickshot - Free Action

Lucidas suffers 7 Damage

Roll 4d8
1d8=2
1d8=8
1d8=2
1d8=4
Total:16

Lucidas suffers 16 Damage, plus an additional 10 Damage from Stalk the Prey

Utility Belt (Jester’s Fortune) activates on the d8 roll. Use Bag of Tricks twice.

Roll 2d6 and activate effect.

First Use
1d6=2

Lucidas suffers 2 Ongoing Damage (Save Ends)

Second Use
1d6=6

Kage gains 6 Life

Life:86+6=92

Lucidas suffers 6 Damage

Total Damage=6+6+6+6+7+16+10=57
Weakness 8
2 Ongoing Damagw

Life:92
Energy:7

Then one of the mad head of YPNRs floating attack orb things suddenly split into two and blasted him! Unable to evade, the Omega Knight could only spin and take the strike against his heaviest armour. Or at least, the least damaged parts of his fast breaking armour. Forced back a few steps, Omega then reacted a glowing cloud of…something…wash over him, bringing with it a burst of energy. Turning his head, Omega reflexively looked towards their (as yet unidentified friend), somehow knowing that the cloud had come from him. Again, he felt an odd sense of familiarity towards this Chemist type man, yet could not explain why.

However, now was not the time for introspection. So the Knight refocused and swung at Lucidas while called calling out.

“Focus on the Organgrinder, not his flying toys. Take him out and they will fall too!”

Spinning Omega delivered a roundhouse kick to Lucidas head that should leave the man disoriented. At least for a short while. He followed up with a flurry of punches to the man’s chest and stomach. Grabbing Lucidas by the arm, Omega spin him around, grabbed his other arm then wrenched backwards while simultaneously slamming his knee into Lucidas back.

“Monday is not your plaything or servant. She will be free of you. Everybody will!”

Omega then danced away, drew Retribution, then spun back around to deliver and deadly diagonal slice across Lucidas’s chest!

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
EB got knocked back and slid against the floor. He briefly gave an encouraging nod to the Chemist, then focused back on their opponent.
“I barely felt that, Luci.” He smirked at the man, trying to draw his attention away from his friends.

Life: 150
Energy:2 (+1 for Minor actions)
Charges: 12
Adrenaline: 0

EB takes 17+11-10 = 18 damage
Life: 150-18= 132

[+4] Someone Your Own Size (Demand Duel) - Standard Action (Attack, Single)
Challenge target creature until the end of your next turn.

[-X] Salve (Healing Rays) - Minor Action (Healing, Burst)
Up to X different target creatures gain 5 life.
EB targets the Chemist for 1 charge

Life: 132
Energy: 2+4=6 (used up the +1 for the minor action)
Charges: 12+1=13
Adrenaline: 0

Patch

Citizen
The numerical orb's assault stung. But it was hearing Friday's name on Lucidas's lips that really lit a fire inside of her.

She felt angry, but it was a kind of angry that was new to her. It wasn't an out-of-control emotion tearing her apart inside but a surge of urgency to do what needed to be done to protect her friend. And now that she'd helped Monday take her first steps towards freedom, she felt a responsibility to see that freedom protected as well.

Is this what he feels when he's protecting others?

Life: 80 + 20 - 31 - 19 = 50
Energy: 6
Gain 2 Energy for minor actions from Quickdraw.

[-X] Healing Rays - Minor Action (Healing, Burst)
Up to X different target creatures gain 5 life.
Spending the 2 energy from Quickdraw to target myself twice.

[-5] Lightning Storm- Standard Action (Attack, Burst)
Do each of the following:
-Deal 1d8 damage to up to two different target creatures. (Orb 1a and 1b)
-Deal 1d10 damage to up to two different target creatures. (Orb 1b and Orb 2)
-Deal 1d12 damage to up to two different target creatures. (Orb 2 and Orb 1a)
You may choose different pairs of targets for each effect.
Thu Feb 29 2024 15:39:22 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d8 + 0 to total : 8, TOTAL: 8
Thu Feb 29 2024 15:39:45 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d10 + 0 to total : 1, TOTAL: 1
Thu Feb 29 2024 15:40:13 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 9, TOTAL: 9

Special Triggers - Sorcerer’s Lightning
[8] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 1d12 damage to target creature. (Orb 1b)
Thu Feb 29 2024 15:41:44 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 4, TOTAL: 4
Since this is my only single attack power, I get the additional bonus from the Chemist's power for another 1d12:
Thu Feb 29 2024 15:43:23 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)
Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 11, TOTAL: 11
Total of 15 damage to Orb 1b.

Life: 60
Energy: 1

"Hmph. Your little toys want to count up and up, but maybe you should count them out."

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Finally shaking off the dizziness from that last great blow, Night Cap charges, attacking Lucidas with a mighty tiny tackle.

Life: 63
Energy: 7

[+4] Supercharge - Standard Action (Self)
Deal 1d12 damage to yourself and flip a coin. If heads, deal 1d8 damage to target creature.

Rolling line 1 : 1d12 + 0 to total : 10, TOTAL: 10 (self)

1=Heads, 2=Tails
Rolling line 2 : 1d2 + 0 to total : 1, TOTAL: 1

Rolling line 2 : 1d8 + 0 to total : 7, TOTAL: 7 (Lucidas)

Life: 53
Energy: 11

Mighty.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
Numerical Assault Orb 1b deals 31+17 damage to Dee. [Attack Single]
life: = 100-26 =74 - 38 =36 (10 armor) Energy = 3+1 =4

Stalk the Kill -used last turn... taking an additional standard action on this turn.

Shaken out of the fog of her intense focus Dee ignores the orb and lunges at Lucidas, not even sparing the effort to offer a battle cry.

[+4] Deep Breath - Standard Action (Opener, Self, Healing)
You gain 1 life.
[-1] Backfist - Reaction (Attack, Combo, Single)
Trigger - You use an Opener power
Effect - Deal 3 damage to target creature.
[-4] Fist of the Falling Star - Reaction (Attack, Finisher, Single) [1/Short Rest]
Trigger - You use a Combo power.
Effect - Deal 9d12 damage to target creature.

Damage to Lucidas: 3+ [d12]s: 9,10, 8,10, 5,11, 12,11, 2 (okay so that's 19+18+16+23+2..+3 so um) = 79 Damage (not bad)

Goddess’ Blessing
[12] - Special (Attack, Single)
Deal 2d10 damage to target creature. You cannot lose life until the start of your next turn. (Oh THANKYOU CHER!) lol

[d10] 10, 4

Goddess’ Blessing
[10] - Special (Attack, Single, Healing)
Deal 1d10 damage to target creature and gain 10 life.

[D10] 2 ...

GB adds 16 more Damage to Lucidas: so 95 total damage

life: = 36+1+10: 47
(also temporary damage immunity) Energy = 4+4-1-4 = 3

A flurry of blows ensues

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While the Chemist moved to where Sue'zhan and the children wouldn't get hit by a stray blast, an injured and wheezing Lucidas failed to put on a defiant face. "By the numbers! All of you think you're winning but you're only delaying the inevitable! Striking down magic shall set the world right. But if you still seek to challenge me..."

Lucidas blasted Night Cap and then summoned more glowing orbs. As they fired around the room, one blast hit Patch and she exploded in a shower of playing cards, chess pieces, and assorted game bits. After a moment, these pieces disappeared and Patch appeared in their place. Cinniúint stretched and said, "Ah, debt repaid. Would have hated to have that hanging over my head. Farewell."

The air had a bit of visual tearing as Monday tried to pull away but Lucidas screeched, "Oh no you don't! I command you to stay right there."

Numerical Assault Orbs 1, 2, and 3 destroyed
High Intellectual Lucidas deals 17+29 damage to Night Cap. [Attack Single] (ignoring EB's challenge...)
High Intellectual Lucidas summons three Numerical Assault Orbs!
Numerical Assault Orb 4 deals 31+31 damage to Dee. [Attack Single] (though I believe this gets negated)
Numerical Assault Orb 5 deals 31+37 damage to Patch. [Attack Single]
Numerical Assault Orb 6 deals 31+41 damage to Kage. [Attack Single]
Cinniúint heals Patch to 1 Life.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Night Cap is beginning to understand why his wings don't want to show themselves. Flying lessons are not as fun as he always imagined they'd be.

As he slowly slides off the wall that interrupted his latest flight, he contemplates his options. If only he had his old magic book. While he has many of the spells commited to memory, he can't quite say the same for the accompanying text explaining what most of them do.

Perhaps he is in no better place for this.

"Sir... do you like... learning?"

A glowing orb of his own appears, hovering just in front of his forehead.

"I want to know... What does this spell do?"

The orb pops with a blinding flash.

Life: 7
Energy: 11

[0] Chaos Armor - Reaction [2/Short Rest]
Trigger - An enemy targets you with an Attack Power.
Effect - Roll 1d12. If you roll 7 or higher, deal 15 damage to the triggering enemy. Otherwise, you gain 20 Life.
  • Roll 1 : 1d12 : 11, TOTAL: 11 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas)
[-1] Going Nova - Minor Action [1/Short Rest]
You may take two additional standard actions this turn. You cannot use this ability on your first or second turn of a battle.

-Deal 1d8 damage to up to two different target creatures.
-Deal 1d10 damage to up to two different target creatures.
-Deal 1d12 damage to up to two different target creatures.
  • Roll 2 : 1d8 : 8, TOTAL: 8 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas twice)
  • Roll 3 : 1d10 : 8, TOTAL: 8 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas twice)
  • Roll 1 : 1d12 : 11, TOTAL: 11 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas twice)
[8] - Special
You may immediately use Bag of Tricks twice.
[0] Bag of Tricks - Special
Roll 1d6, and activate the corresponding effect:
1) Target creature gains 1 energy.
2) Target creature suffers 2 Ongoing Damage (save ends). (Attack, Single, Affliction)
3) Deal 3 damage to target creature. (Attack, Single)
4) Target creature suffers Weakness 4.
5) Target creature gains 5 Life. (Single, Healing)
6) Deal 6 damage to target creature and gain 6 life. (Attack, Single, Healing).
  • Roll 6 : 1d6 : 5, TOTAL: 5 (targeting Patch)
  • Roll 6 : 1d6 : 1, TOTAL: 1 (targeting Dee)

-Deal 1d8 damage to up to two different target creatures.
-Deal 1d10 damage to up to two different target creatures.
-Deal 1d12 damage to up to two different target creatures.
  • Roll 2 : 1d8 : 5, TOTAL: 5 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas twice)
  • Roll 3 : 1d10 : 9, TOTAL: 9 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas twice)
  • Roll 4 : 1d12 : 7, TOTAL: 7 (Targeting High Intellectual Lucidas twice)
[+1] Pull from Chaos - Standard Action
Roll 1d4, and activate the corresponding effect:
  1. Nothing.
  2. Gain 20 life. (Healing, Self)
  3. Deal 4d6 damage to target creature. (Attack, Single)
  4. Gain 4 Energy. (Self)
  • Roll 5 : 1d4 : 2, TOTAL: 2
Total attack against High Intellectual Lucidas: 15+8+8+8+8+11+11+5+5+9+9+7+7=111

Life: 27
Energy: 1

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
While the first couple of hits defeated Lucidas, the final few managed to take out the Numerical Assault Orbs.

High Intellectual Lucidas didn't respond to Night Cap's question as the orb's light washed over him and destroyed his own. As Lucidas slumped to the floor, the room was left in silence as it grew in darkness from the fading emergency lights. But the silence was broken as Kage's communicator came to life and a familiar voice was heard,

*crackle* "Sir? Sir, are you there?" *crackle*

Patch

Citizen
Oh... damn it all, I got too cocky.

That was her final thought in the milliseconds before taking another blast from the newly summoned numerical orbs. Her eyelids closed... and then snapped open wide as she felt something magical happen to her.

She was still alive. Barely. She hadn't escaped the blast unscathed. But, she was alive, thanks to... her.

She slumped to her knees. "Wh- you-" she gasped. "You... just wanted..." *cough* "...to pay me back?"

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The Omega Knight readied to strike again, but never got the chance as words and air were punched out of him as Lucidas’s newly summoned mechanical weapons blasted him and everyone else. Staggering, Omega spun beams broke his armour (more), sliced his armourweave and tore through his cape.

Life:92

92-72=20

Ouch!
I know I don’t need to now, but I thought I’d make a note of the damage. :)

Splinters of armour and scraps of fabric fell away from the Knight as the beating finally abated. Groaning, Omega rose back to his feet. He looked terrible. Broken armour, tattered cape, parts of the right side of his Cowl cracked open. Part of his lower jaw revealed, as well as his right eye. Yet his identity as a whole was still concealed.

Then he saw the fallen form of Lucidas and he started to laugh.

”So much for your superior technology and intellect. You were never going to ‘set the world right’.

You were merely going to break it again.”

Looking over at Night Cap, he recalled the brief image of Night Cap summoning an orb of his own to use against Lucidas.

”Mighty Warrior indeed.”

Then he pulled out and flicked on his wand torch, then clipped it to his belt as the light in the room began to fade. Moving swiftly, the Knight then bound, gagged and blindfolded Lucidas. He also made sure to bind Lucidas tighter then either the Correspondant or the Chief Apothacary.

Then his communicator crackled. Grabbing it, Kage started in surprise.

”Oracle…?”

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Patch never got a response from Cinniúint as apparently she had already disappeared. Monday stood there looking somewhat lost and Friday hadn't returned.

On Kage's communicator, Oracle replied "Good to get a confirmation, sir. I've been expanding my range over the past few days in an attempt to regain contact. A few minutes ago, I thought Friday established contact but once I realized the differences in electronic signature I quarantined the signal from the rest of the network. Is there anything you need at the moment? Your speed means we might lose connection again."

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“You’ve expanded your range this far? When… I me…..how? I didn’t even know you could do that. not to this extent anyway…!”

Kage caught himself mid-sentence and stopped. He was babbling.

”must’ve hit my harder than I thought,” he muttered. “Anyway, we are…”

Kage quickly summarised the situation as fast as he could.

”…Lucidas is down for the count. However, with him having cut all meaningful access to YPNRs cannon from us. We need hacking assistance. Or even navigational assistance. Is there any way for you to provide Friday with any more firewall protection code. She’s had to burn through it all over the past few…?

Friday,”he looked around. “Friday, you ok?” Then another thought nudged him for attention. “A signal connected to you that was like Friday, but not… A few minutes ago?”

Kage looked up at the gantryway, then over to where Monday stood. Frowning, he tried to decide if this was what worth risking, or if he was simply clutching at straws.

”Oracle, I have an idea regarding that new signal. Stand by.” Then he quickly brought Oracle up to speed on Monday March.

He walked over to Monday.

”Monday? Are you ok?

I know this will seem like any odd request, but you said when Friday and Patch helped you, you accessed some other server. Can you try and do it again?

Patch

Citizen
"Ah-"

Even being on her knees took too much strength, so she soon found herself lying on the floor. With one eye, she saw that Lucidas had been bound up like his associates. So that was it. She would be glad if the fighting was finally over.

In the end, she hadn't been meant to walk amongst goddesses. She hadn't been meant to die a monster, nor had she been meant to become a hero who rescued others. She was just herself again, a vulnerable human mage living in an unforgiving world. But this time, even in pain and barely holding on to consciousness, she felt like maybe that was enough.

Last edited:

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
"All things considered, sir, something there is connecting to the edge of my range and extending it," Oracle said. "Attempting to write firewall code at this distance has a high chance of corrupting and injuring Friday. Though, she's currently updating me on the situation and will likely fill you in any moment now."

Monday sighed and responded to Kage, "No, I'm not alright. It seems I still can't refuse a direct command, so I'm stuck right here instead of helping until Lucidas or the Chief Apothecary or Correspondent 251 wakes up to rescind the order. Though, to answer your other question, you've been talking to the other server the past few minutes. I'm sorta still connected..."

"Sorry to interrupt," Friday interjected, "But I think we've got one shot at this in two halves. The first half is...since YPNR has been doing so much to try to catch Sue'zhan, she's probably the hacker we need. Someone will need to rip open a control panel so she can try to access the programming. The second is I've been talking to Elizilah and she's racing there. While they kept her out of the loop, she's still the next highest administrator so we might be able to make a back door to give her control. Someone else will need to break down the door that slammed behind us when we entered Jezejandra's lab. I really hope this works..."

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"Well that certainly was ...a thing that just happened." Destron mumbled while taking note of the situation. Everyone seemed to be in some state of not dead, which was good - thank the goddesses. Moving again to provide cover for Patch were things to escalate again... Dee manages to shuffle part way there by the time the Mage's strength faltered and she moved from a knelling to a prone position.
"Rest for the moment my friend, I have you. The Omega Knight speaks to our formless allies, doubtless a plan is forthcoming... should you find your legs unfit to hold you, simply ask and I will lend you what strength remains in mine. I fear we are still pressed for time and will be on the move again soon." She whispers, leaning down closer the the other woman so as to keep her voice from reaching the ears of their bound enemies.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
“Fair enough,“ Kage said in response to Oracles warning regarding the chances of corrupting Firewall Code.

“You connected to Oracle… kindof. Hmm… Interesting. As to your current predicament. We will fix this...”

Then he heard Friday… and smiled.

”We will fix this, right now. You’ll be free to move again before you know It.”

Turning to the others, he quickly updated them on their reconnection with Oracle, as well as Fridays news and plans.

Lady Destron, I believe your mighty strength and mighty sword are needed. I need you, EB and Night Cap to go bust open the door we entered by, as it seems Elizalah is on her way here. Miss Sue’zhan, I need you to hack The YPNR system like you did before. Only more so. If you can find us an access panel, I can get it open for you.

As for our Chemist friend, I fell it would be best if you could keep watch over the children and keep them calm.

Let‘s go Save the day. Again,“ he said with a crooked grin. Reconnecting with Oracle has improved his mood immeasurably. Kage still looked and felt like hell, but he was happier. Before he moved off with Sue’zhan, he moved over to Destron and Patch. Then a sudden image of Patch exploding flitted across his mind.

”Are you two ok?“

Last edited:

Patch

Citizen
"Well that certainly was ...a thing that just happened." Destron mumbled while taking note of the situation. Everyone seemed to be in some state of not dead, which was good - thank the goddesses. Moving again to provide cover for Patch were things to escalate again... Dee manages to shuffle part way there by the time the Mage's strength faltered and she moved from a knelling to a prone position.
"Rest for the moment my friend, I have you. The Omega Knight speaks to our formless allies, doubtless a plan is forthcoming... should you find your legs unfit to hold you, simply ask and I will lend you what strength remains in mine. I fear we are still pressed for time and will be on the move again soon." She whispers, leaning down closer the the other woman so as to keep her voice from reaching the ears of their bound enemies.
"Thanks." She managed a slight smile.

”Are you two ok?“
"I'm alive... I guess?" she replied.

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
"I shan't terry more than a moment Sir Knight..." Destron calls out over the fallen mechanicals to Omega Knight in answer to his call to action. However before doing so she again leans down to Patch after hearing her somewhat puzzling reply to his question of her. "...I will return. My lady, doubtless should you be as to your state of being... surely it is the act of breathing that heaves your chest... not my soft whispers." She adds a small chuckle to the end of her chiding remark, so as not to prompt the thought of her joke being an ill timed flirtation.

Hastily leaving her companion -so that her immediate blush could be covered as an effort to swiftly close distance on her new target.

Viknadian Strength (Brawny) (2)
You gain a +5 bonus to Might checks made to push, pull, lift, carry, or break things.

Sunderblade (2) - Heroic
Time: 30 seconds
You focus all of your essence into your blade for the next minute. It can cut through any solid object from soil to steel (effectively gaining +40 to Might checks involving such actions). You can also slash through magical enchantments, letting you make Might checks in place of Arcana checks to attempt to dispel magical effects (this application does not benefit from the above-mentioned +40 bonus).

Might = 10 +5, +40. +[d20] D20 = 3 Might = 18+40 = 58

"The Goddesses are with us! Today, We will Know Victory!"
She says as she strikes at the doors with her weapon.

GodSentinelOmega

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Kage cocked His head at Patch.

”You are alive. And you have been instrumental into taking down our enemies. Still, the Lady Destron is right. Rest and recover for now.”

Turning, Kage headed towards Sue’zhan and an access panel.