Takara Missing Link G1 Series

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
True, but, in the past, we've gotten anniversary things that people didn't expect to continue beyond their respective celebratory years yet did, so I wouldn't necessarily see the anniversary aspect as an immovable roadblock, which is why I singled out the R&D costs.
It's not an immoveable roadblock (I already said that in my own post). But I was taking pains to separate out the extra work they're taking on because it's an anniversary project from the "costs" of R&D, although I'll certainly concede that the two concepts are related.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
If this were intended as a short term line just for the anniversary, I imagine they'd be doing something more interesting than Minibots right now.
Pft. The Minibots are some of the most beloved toys of the 1984 line, and probably offer fewer obstacles to getting the end result they're going after than, say, the Seekers or Megatron. They're a perfectly good choice.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Megatron also runs into the problem of transforming into a realistic gun. They've had a hard time exporting the MP versions in the past, and Hasbro's less likely to pitch in funding for something they can't really advertise themselves.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
Transformers is basically irrelevant in Japan these days, I can't imagine that Takara will do anything without Hasbro also being able to directly import and release it in their markets when it comes to the brand these days.

Top Bottom