Tarisland! A classic styled MMO.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
"Mom! Can we stop and have World of Warcraft?"

"We have WoW at home!"

The WoW at home is tarisland.

Alright, so I saw a (brief.) play session through one of the youtubers I routinely watch. And he made it look good. So good, in fact, that I signed up (free!) and gave it a shot.

So: it looks good. Graphically, very reminiscent of WoW, but much higher resolution, detail, particles. It really does look good. Gameplay was fairly fluid, frenetic, and it did feel like an old style MMO, but with relatively modern graphics and styling.

I played for half an hour and uninstalled. Truthfully, I was laughing the entire time. Gameplay is pretty good, a faithful reflection of games past, but I was springboarding around pretty badly, and the translation was just... just so bad. But what really killed it for me was that I got a bunch of new equipment (as is standard for this kind of game.) and I slapped it on my character... and nothing happened. The model didn't change. Poking through the menu's revealed that the only thing your character can "wear" is predefined costume sets you have to unlock. I didn't even bother checking to see what you needed to unlock them, I just quit.

I get that incremental model changes are doable, but expensive, but the entire game is based around incremental mechanics. *sigh*

At least it wasn't raid shadow legends.

Top Bottom