The Official Minecraft Thread: "A Minecraft Movie." Coming April 2025

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
Searched every page in Fun and Games and didn't see a dedicated Minecraft thread, so here y'all go. :)

I'm not a gamer, but Minecraft is one of those very few games I've been tempted to play. Mostly because I've watched my sister play it the last couple of years and I like the nearly unlimitted building and exploring potential of it. My sister has been quite good at it. Unlike me, she IS a gamer!

Anyways, I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but there is a Minecraft Movie coming in April, 2025. A trailer for it just dropped...

I didn't think this movie was actually getting released, but here we are. I'm... not so sure about it. Feels like it really should've been an all animated movie, rather than another "People from real world end up in fantasy world" type of thing.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Just saw the trailer.
I . . . um. . . . . have questions, but few more pressing than questions about that pink jacket Jason Momoa is wearing.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Oh, hey! We're finally getting that third Jumanji movie, after all!

...I joke. But, I do think it actually looks kind of fun. I probably won't see it in theaters, but I'll probably see it on TV at some point.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Just saw the trailer.
I . . . um. . . . . have questions, but few more pressing than questions about that pink jacket Jason Momoa is wearing.
That's the part I'm most interested in, lol.
I don't play Minecraft, but the way they did the blocky look looks pretty fun. If it gets decent reviews, might try to catch it on TV.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Jack black I get; Dude make everything better. How broke is jason momoa that he's doing this?

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Wow, I guess she got the house AND the kingdom, cause ol' jason apparently looted hulk hogans closet.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I like that it's just "A Minecraft Movie." Bill Murray would approve.

No thoughts aside from that, except that Mojang is probably questioning their decision to give the sheep and llamas derp eyes right about now.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
This thing is gonna be either awesome, absolutely awful in every way or so bad it's good. It's hard to say at this point, but likely one of the second two.

Guardian Prime

Veteran Allsparker
Citizen
Enderman are scary enough when you encounter them for the first time in the game, so I wonder what they'll be like in the movie? I mean, that pink sheep in the trailer is nightmare fuel already, so I'm curious what kind of treatment the Enderman will get.

Top Bottom