Traitor Watch - The 45 Thread

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
It should be noted that Dr. Lecter has a disturbingly large fanbase -- to the point where I'm not sure how he'd rate on the "man vs. bear" index. Being portrayed as a "man of culture" Villain Protagonist by both Sir Anthony Hopkins and Mads Mikkelsen will do that.

As to the rest....
. . . I mean, I really did enjoy the books and the character.

Axaday

Citizen
If I thought he were clever, which I don't, I might suspect things like this were traps. Like when someone, probably Karl Rove, released a damaging document about George W Bush that ran for a media cycle and then someone, probably Karl Rove, pointed out that the document used a font that didn't exist when it was purported to be written, so the straight read was that some enemy of his had faked it to try to embarrass him.

Axaday

Citizen
I am really interested in hearing about cross-examination of Michael Cohen today or tomorrow. Trump himself has made it his main thrust against Cohen that he is a known and convicted liar, but since the lie he was convicted for was that he DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE VERY CRIME TRUMP IS ON TRIAL FOR, it is SUCH a weird spot for his lawyers. Michael Cohen plead guilty and served time for that lie, so he has already officially said it was a lie in open court and taken responsibility for his part in it. If they want to argue that he isn't credible here because he is a convicted liar, then they have to argue that his denial of this crime was in fact a lie. If it wasn't a lie, then his credibility is good and he was wrongfully prosecuted, a victim of the court system, and someone that should be their comrade in arms as representatives of another man being wrongfully prosecuted. His credibility should be very good. Except that he is going to say it WAS a lie and so the crime DID happen and he and Trump are both guilty....

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen

Apparently dignity is a small price to pay for even just a chance at power.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
If there are two things that Von Shitzinpantz knows how to do, it's grift and project.

"Hahaha! Orange tvat stuck at towerink son's graduations instead uff speechink at dum-dums!"

(Disclaimer: I've never heard Melania speak, but I assume she sounds like Natasha from Rocky & Bullwinkle.)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Oh wow, he actually went? Here I was hoping he would go exclusively to the speaking thing also scheduled for today, and that someone would bring it up as perjury to merchon.

Axaday

Citizen

Axaday

Citizen
Or maybe every accusation Trump makes is a confession.
It's both.

I'm really not sure how dumb Trump is. I know he isn't smart like you and me. But I often think that he knows a lot of the stuff he says isn't true. Other times I think he doesn't know what is true and actually doesn't even believe in truth and thinks the truth is just whatever story is able to persist.

He is definitely looking forward to weaponizing the justice department. But he might get impeached for it. What a world.

Top Bottom