Transformers Retro G1 Figures

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
They had one job with Bumblebee. Oh well. Still nice that people get another chance at the mold.

Gears though. They nailed it.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I thought Legacy Gears was perfect. I was wrong. This... this is perfection.

That Bumblebee will pair nicely with the Studio Series '86 Cliffjumper.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My first thought with Bumblebee was confusion that they didn't out a battle mask head on the new SS86 mold. That thing was practically designed for this vibe. But yeah, given the bunch of other reissues they have going, it's nice that this gets redone too. And in a nicer, more familiar yellow... That actually has me tempted to replace my WFC Bee.

I wonder if it would be worth the trouble to get that mold, and those 3D printed arms (sculpted wheels) and that head, and just make my own.

Gears works very well, though, and I'm now intrigued about the possibilities with Brawn.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If this Bee uses opaque plastic that may well be what gets me to buy it.

Give me the rest of them with opaque plastic and toy decos too. I mean yeah, it goes against "toy", but it also goes against "broken toy", so that's good.

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I do kinda wish we'd gotten two heads on Gears, with a cover for the one we're not using. The way the head piece is set up is perfect for it.

And yeah, that altmode is kind of a mess. "Make it vaguely truck shaped" seems to have been the entire plan. Solid robot mode and nice transformation, though.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was all over that Gears. I have Netflix 'Bee, so I waffled a bit. A G1 toy head (honestly, they could have just used the already-existing Goldbug head) would have made him perfect, but I went ahead and bought this one. Now the more orange Netflix bee can be Volks.

Last edited:

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I managed to find a Netflix Bee, but I may get a retro Bee and paint one up as Red Bumblebee.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm no good at color matching, but this would have been my preference, head wise:

toy head bee.jpg

toy head bee box.jpg

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Bumblebee is already growing on me as is. It's not as TOY as I'd like, but without wheels on the arms it's already a TOY/TOON hybrid, and the vehicle doesn't fit either, so it's not like the head is the one incongruous thing.

TheSupernova

How did we get so dark?
Citizen
I feel kinda terrible for wanting these. But Gears looks so good in a toy based getup, and I'm a sucker for the licensed Beetle 'Bee.

Though I can't help but think that SS86 Bumblebee with a toy based head would have absolutely nailed what Hasbro was going for here.

But, hopefully, preorders hit .ca soon enough.

Top Bottom