Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Pride in Mediocrity
Citizen
So, not a character I usually think about, but something just popped in my head...back in issue 111 Mona Lisa called her parents and showed them her mutated form. The call didn't exactly go well. But IDW never really mentioned that plot point again. In fact, I can't remember the last time seeing her.

I wonder if in the new series if they'll resolve that, like have her visit them and hash it out, or if it's just something IDW has no interest in following up on or even forgot about.

Caldwin

Pride in Mediocrity
Citizen
IMG_3144.jpeg

This actually came a couple days earlier than what Amazon said. I'm absolutely not complaining. 😍

IMG_3145.jpeg

And here's the back of the box. Because when used in relation to Alopex, the words 'back' and 'box' are always nice to fit in.

IMG_3146.jpeg

Out of the box. I actually like both of the heads. I'll probably keep these hands on her since she usu uses her claws instead of any weapons.

IMG_3147.jpeg

And all my IDW toys so far. Any further pics of Alopex will likely contain Raph and not be board safe. Thank you and good night.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
So, not a character I usually think about, but something just popped in my head...back in issue 111 Mona Lisa called her parents and showed them her mutated form. The call didn't exactly go well. But IDW never really mentioned that plot point again. In fact, I can't remember the last time seeing her.

I wonder if in the new series if they'll resolve that, like have her visit them and hash it out, or if it's just something IDW has no interest in following up on or even forgot about.
I don't think they forgot about it. I think they just got distracted with other storylines. Like Armageddon Game. And then Sophie ending her run on the book. I feel like there were plans, but they got put on the back burner once they decided to start moving away from Mutant Town.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Mona shows up during Jason Aaron's run on the book. In some form or another. Whether she'll ever meet face to face with her parents specifically, I'm not as sure. Them rejecting their daughter might just be the end of their particular part in the story. But, this is comics. So, who knows? They could get kidnapped or mutated themselves.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
God, I need to get back into that series so bad.

They're doing those IDW complete reading order things they did for Transformers, right? Maybe I should find where I left off and pick up with those instead.

God, I wish there was more time in the day...

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
At the tail end of Nick TMNT, they introduced Alopex as the sister of Tigerclaw. I was wondering why they would spend on a whole new build just for a character that would appear for one ep. But I guess Nick had a lot of funds for it.

Caldwin

Pride in Mediocrity
Citizen

They're doing those IDW complete reading order things they did for Transformers, right? Maybe I should find where I left off and pick up with those instead.

The collected issues? Yeah, they still do them. They just did their "final" issue last month with 150. So I'm guessing when they restart it in a couple months, it should be a good jumping on point.

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen

Yeah the books are really high quality! This is how I've been reading the series. Volume 16 comes out this July 30th

Volume 1

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So there's an Amazon listing for a reissue of the Playmates Technodrome. No pics yet or available to pre-order yet.
I'm just going to go cry in the corner now.

Yeah the books are really high quality! This is how I've been reading the series. Volume 16 comes out this July 30th

Volume 1
Ah, thanks! I'll figure out where I left off, and start wishlisting the rest and try to keep an eye out for a sale.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
...I don't know how I feel about that at this point. After all these years, I just wanted a proper finale.

Are these available to get digitally? I don't know if I can really go physical for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being the limited print run.

In other news -- good news for me, potentially, and anyone else looking to catch up on IDW!

The heroes in a half-shell are back in some of the grittiest, most action-packed stories they’ve ever been a part of in this bundle of comics from IDW! From co-creators Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird comes The Last Ronin, the gripping final story in the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comic saga. You’ll also get 15 volumes of IDW’s Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles collection, presented in their recommended reading order. This is your ultimate chance to dive into this awesome series. Plus, your purchase helps support the Make-A-Wish Foundation!

There's just one teensy little detail that's giving me pause...

The titles in this bundle are available through Kobo.com. To access the content, create or log in to your Kobo.com account.

This is new. Does this Kobo.com work anything like ComiXology/Kindle, insomuch as how you can read them? I tend to read most new comics on my phone now, and go panel-by-panel.

Last time I got a Humble Bundle was for Transformers, it didn't have any of that, and I wound up barely using it, and rebuying the books digitally on sale from Amazon later.

But if its mobile-reader-friendly like that, then this is just what I need! Sure, it won't be in my Kindle library, which is a shame, but landing the whole lot for CA$24.70 is probably worth it!

Caldwin

Pride in Mediocrity
Citizen
I'm not sure I'd want more Adventures, especially if Ninjara isn't guaranteed to be in it. Like, Forever War is one thing. It was in the planning stages before the original run was canceled. But after so long it feels like any real continuation would be less "TMNT Adventures" and more like "TMNT Adventures as imagined by some random guy in 2024."

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
The titles in this bundle are available through Kobo.com. To access the content, create or log in to your Kobo.com account.
To be honest, I haven't even ever HEARD of Kobo before. And they've been around for a while, too, so there's no real excuse. Most of what I see online is just reviews for their tablets. So, I don't know if they have a guided view type thing or not. I'm not seeing anything that says they do have something like that. But, I'm not seeing much information either way on that specifically, unfortunately.

I'm not sure I'd want more Adventures, especially if Ninjara isn't guaranteed to be in it. Like, Forever War is one thing. It was in the planning stages before the original run was canceled. But after so long it feels like any real continuation would be less "TMNT Adventures" and more like "TMNT Adventures as imagined by some random guy in 2024."
Given this is specifically two issues, I think this is more like their version of "How the Turtles Got Their Weapons", the two-parter that ended the original Archie run. I think it's just a cute way to add a epilogue and some backstory to their version of Forever War. I think the thought process is "if we actually got the Forever War, THIS is what Archie would have released afterward to end out of the series", sort of thing. I doubt they'll be releasing dozens of fan comics about the Adventures timeline continuing. They probably just had a few leftover ideas they couldn't add into the Forever War book.

Are these available to get digitally? I don't know if I can really go physical for a variety of reasons, not the least of which being the limited print run.
Well...here's the thing.

"Officially", they've said they won't be releasing a digital edition.

BUT...this is not this fan-team's first rodeo. They've released other TMNT fan comics before. Like Odyssey and Origins. And, when the stock of what they had printed ran out, they did eventually release a free PDF version of those books, just so fans could read them. (Also...check out Odyssey. It's kind of a heavy read, but it also has a little bit of Archie-verse tie in, too. It's...heavily entwined in the minutiae of the Mirage comics, but it's still a fun read, if you haven't read those. ).

So...maybe something is different with this book? Maybe there's some reason they all agreed to never release it for free online? I don't really know, I'm not far enough into the community to know all the details. Maybe they truly won't release a PDF like they have with some of their past books.

BUT...chances are....if you're willing to wait a year or maybe two...you might just be able to read this for free. I get the feeling they're saying that they won't release a digital edition because they can't actually SELL a fan-comic through any online stores. They probably want to make a little money on what they created, so they don't want to immediately put up the PDF for free, and cut into sales of the actual collections. It's a gamble if they ever release this online, but...I think it's a reasonable gamble. I think that PDF will release for free, someday. Who knows when, but eventually, probably.

At the very least, this feels like the kind of thing that might eventually find it's way to places where they require you to have a parrot on your shoulder and use the letter "ARRR" a lot, if you catch my drift.

That being said, this does seem to be a pretty high quality production for a fan comic. It'd be nice to have in a collection, physically. As far as I can tell, this team does pretty good work on it's physical editions. It's probably worth buying, if you can.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, am glad it's just those extra two Adventure issues and they're not continuing it. Clarrain Murphy did an incredible saga and I'm sorry he doesn't want to get back into TMNT but would want to respect his body of work.

I was actually surprised to learn that the Forever War by Chris Allan was just based on the covers (and the first two issues that Chris A was able to finish) so it really fantiction ish since Clarrain forgot his original ending.

If I was Fan fictioning my own Forever War, I would have dragged the Mutanimals to the present day to replace the murdered ones. But I guess that would have gone against Clarrain's wishes to keep them dead since their TV show didn't get produced.

And I'd leave Splinter and Shredder fighting forever in a time warp or whatever, Splinter saying that he can't teach his sons anything anymore and that usual growing up stuff.

Caldwin

Pride in Mediocrity
Citizen
Given this is specifically two issues, I think this is more like their version of "How the Turtles Got Their Weapons", the two-parter that ended the original Archie run. I think it's just a cute way to add a epilogue and some backstory to their version of Forever War. I think the thought process is "if we actually got the Forever War, THIS is what Archie would have released afterward to end out of the series", sort of thing. I doubt they'll be releasing dozens of fan comics about the Adventures timeline continuing. They probably just had a few leftover ideas they couldn't add into the Forever War book.

Ah! I'd probably get it in that case, assuming there's ever a more affordable release of the Forever War.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Eesh, that seems like a gruesome fate...
True, but that's what I figured from the original finale cover, where it was just Shredder and Splinter fighting together. Splinter was leaving his kids and sacrificing himself to stop Shredder from one final devastating attack. Both, I dunno, disappear in a time slip. They wouldn't know where or when the two would end up but at least the turtles and the Mutanimals are safe in the present.

Top Bottom