Transformers: EarthSpark

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If they have reason to believe TFOne will be a success, it's the right move. I'd do the same.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Put on the first episode

I had to stop watching only a few minutes in. I don't know why but the show feels completely goobered now. Something about the animation on the kids was really throwing me off, Optimus forgets he can transform for like a whole fight scene, the Decepticons, including Breakdown, are badguys now for reasons I'm sure will be explained later,, the new Terran is hostile for no reason but then listens to Breakdown for also no real reason.

Given how much I liked the first season, this was just too offputting. It feels like a different show.

I'll pick it back up later, but man it triggered a negative reaction in me.

Paladin

Citizen
a lot of stuff in this batch of Earthspark episodes feels like a step down from the first season. i was already pretty convinced we'd get confirmation of cancellation before this season ended; now I'm ALSO sure i'll be a little less sad about it when it does drop.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Binged the Season.

On the whole I enjoyed it passably. The Terrans remain great fun characters with a really great family dynamic. It does feel a bit like the show doesn't have the space to live up to its potential though. We get things like Izzy and Cosmos introduced and then rather than become part of the world they just don't show up again. Kind of like the school and classmates they introed in one episode last season and then never brought up again. But it happens more here.

Episode thoughts:

1- I like Aftermath as a dumb punk. It would have been nice if the Mentor/Parent relationship with Breakdown continued after this. Even as a joke where Breakdown tries to care and Aftermath consistently doesn't it could have been a fun dynamic but it sadly doesn't show up again after this ep.

2 - This one was better story wise. The mystery ruins and the Quintesson Executioner made for a good exciting story. I could feel the budget limitations a bit on the Quint but otherwise good.

3 - This one was a nice focus on Hashtag and nice animation on her fight and form. That said I kinda miss her being more of a bruiser it was new and different for a girl TF. But her new mode looks good other than that.

4 - One of the more fun ones concept wise. Wish Izzy and Cosmos ever showed up again. I LOVED the Cosmos design and would love a toy of it that we almost certainly aren't getting. It felt a little like they had Weird Al for exactly 15 minutes and recorded his like 5 lines in one quick go. It also felt like the problems with Robbie's crush emotions messing everyone up should have been a recurring thing that has to be delt with was set up and then doesn't come up again.

5 - Sincing is an interesting concept. It would have been nice if it happened between more characters or kinda at all again after this episode. Another one episode thing that doesn't even factor into the big story climax at all. It would have been nice if there were even a little depth to Aftermath after this, but nope one dimensional punk. And him and JB never even really meet up again to get payoff from their time together and the betrayal.

6-7 A two parter even if it isn't called one. Spitfire is as awful as Twitch is positive and likeable. Aftermath is too dim and listless to be much of a threat but Spitfire's insane desire to be better than everyone especially Twitch makes her a really mean threat. Is Wheeljack dead? Do we see him again. I've forgotten.

8 - The joke concept of this ep is not bad but it could have used a more interesting subplot than JB annoys/stalls OP. if they had worked Sinc-ing in it could have reinforced the idea of asking for help and made the concept matter again, but without that it's just a little lacking.

9-10 - Love when we get new Titans. And a Terran Titan is a cool idea. Terratron is a lackluster name, not as cool as the last time this plot happened with Citadel Secundus. I suspected Starscream was gonna kill the Chaos Terrans but it was brutal to see it happen. It seems like they should be dead for good wich is kinda dark. I wonder if Quintus is dead too? They did say his Spark was linked to the Emberstone. This would have been a good place to see Izzy again in the Witwicky scenes. Or Cosmos coming in to help. And Sinc-ing should have mattered in this resolution or ideally saved the day. The ending also felt way too abrupt. I assume this is just the first half of the Season like last time, and there's another 10 coming in a few months?

I feel like my comments might seem like I didn't like it, but I mostly did. Largely on the strength of the characters and relationships. It did not feel as strongly written as last season though. Like I already said it felt like a lot of things that could have been cool ongoing things instead came and went and didn't matter in the end. It feels a bit like they were having trouble finding time to really squeeze story and characters in which is weird in a 22 minute show as I've seen shows with episodes half as long so a great job at that.

-ZacWilliam, again I liked it ok, I just think there was a lot of potential for it to be even better that it didn't quite live up to as much as Season 1 did. But I look forward to the half a season I hope is still coming to maybe do some more with the fun cast.

Last edited:

Dvandom

Citizen
Ugh. Every time they drop a huge chunk of eps of something all at once, I have a harder time wanting to watch ANY of it. Weekly episodes, please?

"But nothing's stopping you from just watching one episode a week," you may point out. Yes, but I can't participate in any discussion until I'm done and everyone else has long since moved on. The social aspect of a shared fandom is tossed in the shredder when you have to either binge everything the day it hits or give up on participating entirely. (I have enough problem getting motivated to keep up on a weekly series that drops episodes at inconvenient times and I have to spend several days dodging spoilers...forget about spending WEEKS dodging the spoilers.)

---Dave

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
If it makes you feel any better, I haven't watched any of the new episodes either due to my schedule being too busy this weekend (was at a convention all day yesterday, have to work all day today). I'll either have to wait until later tonight or tomorrow before I can start watching any of them.

Agent X

Kreon Bastard
Citizen
Started Season 2 today. Quit (for now) after the 3rd episode.

It all feels slow. Like there is 15 (or less) minutes of story stretched to 22. I am not engaged. Kind of wish P+ had a playback speed setting. (Wished NetfliX had that for the WFC show)

The earlier rumored cancellation had me concerned, if the next 23 episodes make me feel like this, then I'm going to welcome it's end.

abates

unfortunate shark issues
Citizen
6-7 A two parter even if it isn't called one. Spitfire is as awful as Twitch is positive and likeable. Aftermath is too dim and listless to be much of a threat but Spitfire's insane desire to be better than everyone especially Twitch makes her a really mean threat. Is Wheeljack dead? Do we see him again. I've forgotten.
Wheeljack appears during the fight in the last episode. It's extremely strange that all you get in episode 7 is a brief shot of Dot looking anguished over his apparently lifeless body, which makes me wonder if his later appearance is actually an error.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Stayed up late to binge all ten eps. It was okay. Not a bad set of episodes, but not much to really write home about. Good but not great. Here's hoping the remaining eps of the season kick things up a bit more.

I assume this is just the first half of the Season like last time, and there's another 10 coming in a few months?
If it's the same as Season 1's release format, this should only be the first-third of the season, with two more sets of eight episodes coming later to make a total of 26 eps.

Galvaplexia

Flamboyant Cuddles!!!
Citizen
Ok.

What. The hell?

Why is this season soo BAD??!😩😩

Animation’s clunky AF. Dialogue is…? Heart and soul - gone. The characters are… just, there, reacting to things.

It’s like they switched producers and writers from femme QTBIPOCs to cishet white men who grew up in the No Child Left Behind era and and decided all kids are thoughtless dumb-as-shit rocks as much as they are and made a show to reflect that.

Horrible! Just… horrible!

IMG_8943.gif

Dvandom

Citizen
Got through two eps last night.

Why are there Mesoamerican ruins right out of Raiders of the Lost Ark in PENNSYLVANIA? The whole episode feels like a rejected script from S1, tweaked a little bit to fit S2's status quo.

---Dave

Shadewing

Citizen
Finished the episodes. I mostly enjoy it, and largely agree with Zac's opinions. A lot of it feels like a first or second draft that went into production. It doesnt feel as polished as the first season.
I kinda would have liked to see the year we skipped with everyone trying to get along and then Decepticons deciding not to; rather then just being told that is what happened. It feels like there are interesting stories that could have been told in that, while still preserving the story we got. Rather it feels like we skip the first act and start in act 2. And I don't like how things are introduced and then dropped. Cosmos could have at least had a cameo in the battle even if he got stoned like the others and had no lines like Grimlock. At least SHOW he's actually with the Autobots. And yeah, it feels like Syncing should have happened in the last episode when the group joined hands to create the giant containment feild. It should have been something like "it's not working." they come togeather like in the show, but they cybersync into a new form since its Hashtag and Trash, and the new synced form is what helps create the barrier. But that would mean needing a new model and that seems to be where this show is failing becuase budget seems to really be holding it back so far.

Shadhausen

Citizen
Finally worked up enough self-loathing to trudge through all the eps. Overall, not that good and feels like a completely different show than last season. Ep 9 wasn't too bad for a mid-season finale, but the less said about ep 8 the better :sick:.

Dvandom

Citizen
Wow, the fair episode was pretty bad. Like, "rejected first season script given a once-over to put it in continuity" bad. About the only good thing about it was the guest voice, and that was only a few lines at the end.

---Dave

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
Prolific Leaker JtPrime has confirmed that Earthspark is basically "done" with the replacement line already being solicited to retailers for release in 2025
Another thing I can confirm is yes. It seems Earthspark will not be going past season 2.

The replacement for it is already in the works. The first wave of toys has already been solicited to retailers. The toyline’s branding doesn’t mention it being related to Earthspark at all so far.

Top Bottom