Allsparkle General Discussion

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, there it is.

I hope they leak every scrap of material they have. Professional courtesy is already out the window. Ordering this much content and then silently and abruptly axing it is just rude.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I mean, Hasbro's done it before. Like with poor, forsaken Hanazuki. So, it's not impossible.

But, if he's right, that means we only have 4 episodes left. And that's....very sad if true. I guess we'll see if the next episode features Allura or not. Hopefully, they at least get a chance to wrap up her plot a bit.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I wonder if we're still getting the rest of Earthspark either. I could imagine this CEO wanting clean slates across the board.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
For what it’s worth, Chris Cocks has been telling shareholders that Hasbro has over 35 entertainment projects in the works. I don’t think that includes videogames, because he’s always talking up gaming as its own thing. And I think comics would fall under licensing. I think entertainment means shows and movies.

I can’t name many Hasbro brands that ever get shows or movies anymore. MLP has to be getting something. Clearly not more TYT episodes, but something.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Nothing new here, but...yeah, it's over. On the same day as the third anniversary of A New Generation's release.

Reactions from various cast and crew are starting to come in, too. So, if you want you can keep a eye out for those final goodbye messages.
(Please ignore some of the ruder gifs, this was the only tag that seemed to collect most of the twitter messages in one place).

But, before it all ends, we need to unite together one last time...and give Senior Butterscotch the toy he so deserves!

Splinters and nails and all! The kids can take care of themselves! Let's make it happen, people!

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm having a crazy theory that this all has something to do with Netflix.

Imagine this. We know Hasbro had a 10-year deal with Netflix that expired in early 2022, and since then they've been moving as much as they can over to other places like Paramount+. That's just barely into the era of G5. Before we even got the first episode of anything. So my theory is when it became clear the 10-year deal wasn't going to be renewed, Netflix struck a limited deal for a certain number of episodes. Until they hit that number, Hasbro would not be able to yank G5 away and go somewhere else.

Make Your Mark didn't get renewed. It wasn't going to hit the limit. That's why the free five minute YouTube show made the strange jump to Netflix. It seemed weird at the time, didn't it? Maybe the contract only said "episodes". It didn't say they had to be 22 minutes. So Hasbro fed them season 1 of TYT and hit the limit that way. The contract is technically fulfilled. They're now free of their obligations to Netflix, and they can take future MLP projects wherever they want, like the Samsung TV channel they just quietly launched.

And maybe there was another trap in the contract saying Netflix would still have some lingering rights to any future TYT episodes produced. So Hasbro just stopped producing them. That would be extremely petty but maybe something happened that made them dislike Netflix that much.

Top Bottom