Castlevania

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, USB hub is boned, so stream's off. ☠️

Okay, we just ordered another hub from Amazon, and hopefully it'll be here tomorrow in time for us to do it at the usual time.

If not, then the plan is to do it next week and run until we finish the game.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
The Haunted Castle remake is interesting. I wonder if they rebalanced it. I tried to play it, but it is PAINFUL to play on many levels. It's a fundamentally BAD game, so it'll be interesting what they do to make it palatable

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
It has both the remake as well as the original. It's definitely better than the original, worth a play. But I still foresee myself devoting my time to the DS games.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Welp, that's Dawn of Sorrow beaten. Of course, I specifically say "beaten" instead of "finished" because, boy oh boy, is there ever still a lot that can be done.

But the good thing about these save states, I have one right before and one right after the final boss. So if I ever want to see the ending again, I don't have to go through that pain again!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I honestly don't remember it in Netflix. Was it a background event? What episode?

*google check*
I think I'm just going to have to rewatch all of season 3. I remember absolutely nothing of it!

So I'm not sure if I've said anything or not, but I canceled my Netflix subscription. I was just tired of paying monthly subscription fees for something I rarely ever use.

But they do have the original 4 seasons on Bluray. So I ordered the first season from Amazon which should arrive today. I plan on ordering the rest of them on payday so I can binge them.

Question is this, though. What are the general opinions of Nocturne? It doesn't hit Bluray until next month. But I do like Richter due to Symphony of the Night. Never really could get far in Rondo.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
By and large, I found Nocturne to be a solid sequel and felt more "consistent" in quality over the given episodes. I think they touched on some interesting ideas, but it took me a bit to warm to Richter. He's got a bit of that "angsty emo bitch" thing going on early on. Also wasn't as crass as the first series, probably due to ditching Warren Ellis. The plot (thus far) seems to play off Rondo of Blood. Not sure if Symphony will be a later season or all new series at this point.

Sjogre

Citizen
It was fun. The cartoon had grown to be it's own thing by the fourth season, and Nocturne likewise takes elements from the games without being limited by them. It does remember that the French Revolution is going on around then, so that plays into the themes, but it's not a huge part and worked well enough. Vampires are always a good fit for evil nobility.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Well, now I beat Portrait of Ruin. That just leaves Order of Ecclesia. But that on's so hard. I'm actually a bit intimidated by it, even though I did beat it on DS. I remember it being rea rough.

Top Bottom