Climate change (because it's still political for some reason)

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
Semi related... I'm currently under a tornado watch.

Quebec DOES get tornadoes, but there's never been one this close to the river before, that I know of.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I feel it. I'm cooking down here. My AC is working at full power but it is only physically capable of lowering the temperature by so many degrees. This heat is beyond mitigation.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
At what point do the deniers realize that they've been lied to and that we're in serious trouble? How many summers of this is it going to take?

Pale Rider

...and Hell followed with him.
Citizen
FB friend:
How was Asheville North Carolina swamped by a hurricane despite being hundreds of kilometres from the sea? Simple: that water was not sea water. It was rain.

The storm was carrying such a vast amount of moisture when it came barreling inland that it dumped entire lakes worth of rain when it collided with the Appalachian mountains.

Why is this being blamed on global warming, you ask? Again, simple: warm ocean waters give both energy and moisture to tropical storms, and the air itself is also unseasonably warm, which means it can hold more moisture than normal. The amount of moisture that the air can hold is directly correlated to its temperature, and hurricanes are directly linked to warmth: that's why there is no winter hurricane season.

Anonymous X

Citizen
IMG_7395.png

Our (allegedly) Labour prime minister wrote an op-ed for a right-wing tabloid the other day basically leaning into climate change denial and framing decarbonisation of the economy as a form of anti-jobs Ludditism.

Great future we have here.

(Yes, the ‘Labour’ government we have now is actually more right-wing than the Tory government that got booted out of office back in July.)

Top Bottom