Coming soon: The first episode of Super-God Masterforce in 4K!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Not to be too critical, but the image stabilization could use some work too. The video image bounces up and down a lot.

It looks good though. It's pretty neat to see that Power Master Optimus Prime in animation.

walruslaw

Citizen
The Super-God Masterforce reel wasn't the only print i got captured for the site. I was also able to get a capture of the Transformers The Movie Trailer and a Generation 2 theatrical promo from 35mm prints which will also be uploaded to the YT channel to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the franchise. First up is the Transformers The Movie Trailer which will be premiering on Saturday at 8pm GMT.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
..."theatrical"...?

Anyone remember seeing this before any movies? I sure don't. Someone in the comments mentioned Home Alone 2, though.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
I always found it funny that because Megatron wasn't around at the launch of G2, they picked Ramjet of all people. Not even Starscream. Kinda wild this has never been referenced again. It'd be funny if Ramjet started thinking he was Optimus' rival when Optimus barely even thinks of Ramjet at all.

Also when I was checking release dates on the TF wiki I noticed this:

An unusual promotional tie-in[1] saw theatrical ads for the toyline run in front of holiday movies starting at the end of November; attendees were given a promotional pamphlet with a coupon for $2 off Optimus Prime that expired on December 31st, 1992.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
My earliest G2 media was a... I want to say it was a puzzle, but it's been so long, I'm not even sure.

It was the kids meal giveaway at the Walmart Snack Bar (back before they started selling those spaces to McDonald's), and I can't find a picture of it online. I don't know whether Google and searches have just become that useless, or if it's really that obscure.

Sadly, I think mine was with all my Marvel G1 and G2 comics when they were tossed.

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I remember seeing G2 toys at the store back in the late 80's/early 90's, but I had already made the transition to GI Joe at the time and wasn't collecting Transformers. Didn't get back into Transformers until Beast Wars.

Top Bottom