Generations Selects Appreciation Thread

Shadewing

Citizen
I wish they hadn't given him an oversized accessory for Blaster, since Steeljaw looks like he needed about 50% more budget to not look like ass.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I'm definitely getting him because I'll buy any cassette they want to make. That said, he looks like he would be considered a great accessory if he came with Blaster, but he's a bit lackluster as a standalone. Skipping the speaker and giving him independently hinged feet and/or knees to give his legs some articulation similar to Bumblebee Movie Ravage would have gone a long way.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
I have watched the '86 Movie many times, but I don't remember Steeljaw having a giant speaker on his back; like, ever. Is it just supposed to represent the comm tower that the Decepticons were trying to destroy during the "battle of the cassettes" scene?

The Phazer

Citizen
I have watched the '86 Movie many times, but I don't remember Steeljaw having a giant speaker on his back; like, ever. Is it just supposed to represent the comm tower that the Decepticons were trying to destroy during the "battle of the cassettes" scene?
It's one of the two that Blaster uses sometimes.

The Phazer

Citizen
Are we considering Pulse exclusives to be Selects for this thread? Because Straxus is *great* Awesome. I am so happy.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
That was a thought that crossed my mind but looking him up as far as I can tell Flame has Red hands always.

-ZacWilliam, Scrounge has yellow hands but seems too small for a leader box. i wish it would be a good Scrounge. Dream toy for me.

The Phazer

Citizen
That was a thought that crossed my mind but looking him up as far as I can tell Flame has Red hands always.

-ZacWilliam, Scrounge has yellow hands but seems too small for a leader box. i wish it would be a good Scrounge. Dream toy for me.

I can't really see who else that shoulder pad could be, and they pretty much confirmed on the stream that it was a relatively obscure character.

There was also a rumour that it might be a Flame/Xaaron two pack.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
There was also a rumour that it might be a Flame/Xaaron two pack.
Xaaron would be my pick, given the release of Straxus. Would certainly fit with general theme, unless it's a repaint of somebody like Blaster.

Why are we in the Selects thread?
Because Straxus, and the comic mini line, is an online exclusive thing?

Not our fault people can't stick to certain threads for certain subjects :p

Top Bottom