[IC] STOMP Super Spooktacular Special!

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Misty latches onto Maple and Night Cap's hind leg. "I'm going vith you. I don't vant you guys getting eaten by a g-g-g-ghost!"

Amber frowned. Without knowing what they were up against, she would have preferred for each group to take one of the ponies with medical training, but breaking up the young pegasuses or getting them out from under Mr. Cap's cape seemed improbable. "Alright, Static and Mr. Spectrum, you're with me."

Scarlet was about to react when things got... Crazy.

Ok then... Um
I guess the answers are No, No, No and Yes...
Rhapsody...!

From his still havering spot above the others, Scarlet yelled in alarm as Symphony ran for the door!

Symphony, no! He made a dive to try and catch her, but it was too late. Spinning around at Harmonys angry outburst, Scarlet barely had a response half-formed, when the Mask made its grand entrance.

As the masks dark magics took over Rhapsody and assaulted his friends, Scarlets anger grew. Yet it was tempered somewhat by the little part of his mind re! minding him that there was nothing physically he could do to stop this thing. It was further cooled as Swift Tart managed to force Rasophae and its minions away. As well as revealed a way that they could defeat it. Scarlet wanted to get out there and find Symphony before the spooks did, because he dreaded to think how much more irrational Harmony might get if both her sisters were taken.

Speaking of which.

Harmony huffs as she glares softly at Amber. "You're just as bad as the killer. Or maybe you are the killer. Maybe Rhapsody crying out your name is because she seen the knife right before you stabbed her!"[ The white mare says, being far from rational at this moment.

Harmony! From what i could tell, the killer was aiming for Amber and Rhapsody dived in the way. To save others, that what Rhapsody does!

Calm down and think about it.

Spoiler

With an aggravated sigh, Scarlet turns to the little pegasus.

Maple. Seriously, we cant just wave away the reality of whats happened. Are we going to do everything possible to save Rhapsody? Yes, of course.

But the fact of the matter is, she was dying
And from what Swift Tart is saying, the Masks possession of her has not changed that. Only postponed it. So dont get snippy because he pointed out that fact.

There is always a chance we Can save her. A million-to-one chance. However, as hard as it is, we have to acceot that we might defeat this Rasophae and Not be able to save Rhapsody.

Accept the possibility and move on.

Hearing Night Caps plan, Scarlet grinned.

Good thinking Night Cap.

Nodding to Amber as the groups were, well, not so much decided as just come together. He tried to smile confidently.

[color=#ff0000lets do this!

While Scarlet knew that anything that could be used to defeat Rasophae and break the <asks power were the priority. He also knew that he wanted Symphony back and out of danger as soon as possible.
[HR][/HR]

Ok then... Um
Rhapsody...!

From his still havering spot above the others, Scarlet yelled in alarm as Symphony ran for the door!

Symphony, no! He made a dive to try and catch her, but it was too late. Spinning around at Harmonys angry outburst, Scarlet barely had a response half-formed, when the Mask made its grand entrance.

As the masks dark magics took over Rhapsody and assaulted his friends, Scarlets anger grew. Yet it was tempered somewhat by the little part of his mind re! minding him that there was nothing physically he could do to stop this thing. It was further cooled as Swift Tart managed to force Rasophae and its minions away. As well as revealed a way that they could defeat it. Scarlet wanted to get out there and find Symphony before the spooks did, because he dreaded to think how much more irrational Harmony might get if both her sisters were taken.

Speaking of which.

Harmony huffs as she glares softly at Amber. "You're just as bad as the killer. Or maybe you are the killer. Maybe Rhapsody crying out your name is because she seen the knife right before you stabbed her!" The white mare says, being far from rational at this moment.

Harmony! From what i could tell, the killer was aiming for Amber and Rhapsody dived in the way. To save others, that what Rhapsody does!

Spoiler

Maple. Seriously, we cant just wave away the reality of whats happened. Are we going to do everything possible to save Rhapsody? Yes, of course.

! And from what Swift Tart is saying, the Masks possession of her has not changed that. Only postponed it. So dont get snippy because he pointed out that fact.

There is always a chance we Can save her. A million-to-one chance. However, as hard as it is, we have to acceot that we might defeat this Rasophae and Not be able to save Rhapsody.

Good thinking Night Cap.

Nodding to Amber as the groups were, well, not so much decided as just come together. He tried to smile confidently.

While Scarlet knew that anything that could be used to defeat Rasophae and break the <asks power were the priority. He also knew that he wanted Symphony back and out of danger as soon as possible.
[HR][/HR]

Ok then... Um
Rhapsody...!

Speaking of which.

Harmony huffs as she glares softly at Amber. "You're just as bad as the killer. Or maybe you are the killer. Maybe Rhapsody crying out your name is because she seen the knife right before you stabbed her!" The white mare says, being far from rational at this moment.

Spoiler

! And from what Swift Tart is saying, the Masks possession of her has not changed that. Only postponed it. So dont get snippy because he pointed out that fact.

Good thinking Night Cap.

[HR][/HR]

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
[editor note: GSO's post repeats four more times. I'd post it four more times for accuracy's sake but Xenforo is freaking out.]​

"Rhapsody's one of the toughest ponies any of us knows... if she's in there... and I think we all saw that she still was -well she's going to be fighting it too. doubt doesn't help anyone right now." Maple stands up... and looks at everypony in the room.

"I'm sorry for giving you a mean look Swifty."

Static nods at Ambers plan, not that he had any intention of allowing the deserter to take command of the team when he'd already earned the spot filling in the void she left.

[Woah! That was a little harsh!]

[SHE LEFT! I stayed behind. If she'd stayed, maybe she'd still be a team lead. Unfortunately, I've had to fill the role because SHE LEFT!]

[Probably not the time to be having this debate.[

"I'm never going to any more parties for as long as I live!" he growls.

”That isn’t what i meant Maple.

Aim for the best. Plan for the worst. I don’t doubt for a minute the Rhapsodys mind is beating at the walls ‘Rasophae’ has around her. That doesn’t mean i’m just going to assume everythings gonna be fine.

We know the worst that can happen. Now lets get out there and find what we need to make wure it doesn’t.

Looking iver to Static, Scarlet thought he saw something in the Earth Ponys eyes.

I heard that!

"Just stay close to me Misty, I'll protect you from all the other monsters."

”I don’t doubt for a minute the Rhapsodys mind is beating at the walls ‘Rasophae’ has around her."

"Really she seemed to be quite enjoying herself," said Amber, somewhat absently. "I suppose she has always loved singing."

"Just stay close to me Misty, I'll protect you from all the other monsters." Maple gives a quick glance to Amber Spark.

"Ah, that's very chivalrous of you, Miss Jack," said Amber, looking only a little perplexed at Maple's choice of emphasis.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I want a refund for that first aid class.

"She's probably not going to be anything when this is over."

"Not with that attitude."

Black Night Cap shakes off the shock. Maybe it's just impossible to not feel heroic in a cape, especially with someone cowering underneath its protection, but he suddenly feels filled with determination.

He takes a look at the map.

"I suggest we be organized about this and not scatter aimlessly. Half of us go left, half of us go right. We meet back up by the foyer."

Amber tried to ignore Harmony; she smiled weakly and thanked Mr. - ah, - Ms. - oh, really! - Tart for their help, first with Harmony and then with the map. She unfolded some leaves from her notebook and began to copy the map out in sextuple, making quick if (it pained her) far from clean work of it.

"That may be, Mwumumble Tart, but we must try. Rhapsody is still in there - I don't mean we should attempt to reason with her, that never works -" she thought of all the cases of mind control she'd encountered, or for that matter, cases of reasoning with Rhapsody - "but the mask is keeping her alive in some form and we must try everything we can to turn her back."

She nodded at Night Cap's plan. "You are the expert, Mr. Cap," she said with sincere deference. She would have preferred to stay all together, but Mr. Cap's plan meant that they may find whatever they needed sooner, and be able to put an end to all of this.

"I don't believe in betting on wild odds, and neither should you." Swift Tart replies with a gentle shrug of their shoulders to Night Cap before looking to Amber. "Oh My dear Miss Sparks, please just refer to me as Swifty, It'll be much easier for you on the long run." The androgynous pony says with a giggle and sly grin. "I don't mean to discourage anyone from trying, but surely you must all be ready to face the most likely outcome..."

Ok then... Um
Rhapsody...!

From his still hovering spot above the others, Scarlet yelled in alarm as Symphony ran for the door!

”Symphony, no!” He made a dive to try and catch her, but it was too late. Spinning around at Harmonys angry outburst, Scarlet barely had a response half-formed, when the Mask made its grand entrance.

As the masks dark magics took over Rhapsody and assaulted his friends, Scarlets anger grew. Yet it was tempered somewhat by the little part of his mind reminding him that there was nothing physically he could do to stop this ‘thing’. It was further cooled as Swift Tart managed to force ‘Rasophae’ and its minions away. As well as revealed a way that they could’ defeat it. Scarlet wanted to get out there and find Symphony before the spooks did, because he dreaded to think how much more irrational Harmony might get if both her sisters were taken.

Speaking of which.

”Harmony! From what i could tell, the killer was aiming for Amber and Rhapsody dived in the way. To save others, that what Rhapsody does!

Calm down and think about it.”

Spoiler

”Maple. Seriously, we can’t just wave away the reality of whats happened. Are we going to do everything possible to save Rhapsody? Yes, of course.

But the fact of the matter is, she was dying! And from what Swift Tart is saying, the Masks possession of her has not changed that. Only postponed it. So don’t get snippy because he pointed out that fact.

There is always a chance we Can save her. A million-to-one chance. However, as hard as it is, we have to acceot that we might defeat this ‘Rasophae’ and Not be able to save Rhapsody.

Accept the possibility and move on.”

”Good thinking Night Cap.”

“Lets go hunting.”

While Scarlet knew that anything that could be used to defeat ‘Rasophae’ and break the <asks power were the priority. He also knew that he wanted Symphony back and out of danger as soon as possible.

"Ah, at last ONE of you little ponies actually does seem to have some sense." Swift Tart says as they look to Static. "More of you should probably listen to him, but you likely won't."

Harmony shakes her head with a huff. "That's just what she wants you to think. She abandon you all once. I've heard from Rhapsody how she just up and left without a word. She'll just leave you again once things get tough, probably poof out and leave who's ever with her at the mercy of ghosts to save her own skin, probably what she wants anyway." She states, and only seems to be feeding into or off of, Static's own feelings about Amber's presence.

"Rhapsody's one of the toughest ponies any of us knows... if she's in there... and I think we all saw that she still was -well she's going to be fighting it too. doubt doesn't help anyone right now." Maple stands up... and looks at everypony in the room.

"I'm sorry for giving you a mean look Swifty."

Though the piebald does smile as Maple apologizes. "It is quite okay little one, I am glad to see you can change so easily."

”I don’t doubt for a minute the Rhapsodys mind is beating at the walls ‘Rasophae’ has around her."

"Really she seemed to be quite enjoying herself," said Amber, somewhat absently. "I suppose she has always loved singing."

"Just stay close to me Misty, I'll protect you from all the other monsters." Maple gives a quick glance to Amber Spark.

"Ah, that's very chivalrous of you, Miss Jack," said Amber, looking only a little perplexed at Maple's choice of emphasis.

"Oh Miss Sparks, now lets be honest. who DOESN'T enjoy a good song?" They luagh and shake their head. "THat shouldn't be a proof either for or against the idea you're lover might still be in there." They state and looks to the whole group as they split up. "Well, now that it seems you lot have a plan, I'll be staying here to do what I can. There is still scrolls and info I can try and read through to give some help to you all. I also need to check on the other survivors, what few of them they're are, to make sure they are okay and holding up. If You need help, please come and look me up. I'm always willing to be of... use to others." They grin.

Harmony shakes her head. "You do whatever you want, I'm not staying here." She says and looks to Static. "You're going with them? Then I'm coming too. I trust you. You can help me keep an eye on little miss harlot to see that she doesn't pull anything."

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Amber nodded to Swifty and was about to shyly - what was it about them that so readily put her at ease and off balance at the same time? - correct him, hmm, ah, it's Spark, ma' - si - Swifty, when Harmony made her final demand.

"What did you call me?" Amber gasped, snapping her head in Harmony's direction as an unconscious arc of electricity cracked loudly over her head.

"Now's not the time, Ms. Spark," Static said a bit more curtly than he intended.

[Where's this coming from?]

[What? She leaves with no goodbye and without telling us where she's going so we can write her. Fair enough. I didn't exactly leave my forwarding information for the folks back in Manehatten. But then Maple gets a letter? When did that happen? What? She's such good friends with Maple but the rest of us aren't even worth a goodbye?]

[LATER!]

He turns to Harmony. "That's good. You want vengeance for your sister? That's good. Good for motivation. I can use like minded ponies on my team." He cast a swift glance at Amber as if daring her to challenge him on claiming the team. "Let's get going. I don't want to be in one place too long. If Rhapsody's still bleeding out, we can't afford to waste time."

Misty surrenders her death grip on Night Cap's leg. She pokes her head out from under the cape just in time to see Amber's Sparks, causing her to yelp and hide her face behind her wings.

"St - Static!" Amber stammered. "You want to take her ... with us?" Amber stared at him, wide-eyed and gawping. She felt betrayed, abandoned, stabbed in the side, and distantly perceived that some of those words might become somewhat ironic if she considered them for too long.

”i would take your own advice here Static,” Scarlet said in a decptively calm voice that did nothing to hide his frustration. ”We are about to go out their in search of Symphony. In search of any information or artifacts that will let us break this dark magic. In search of anything that could save Rhapsody. We are going to face ‘Rasaphae’ and her possessed minions. Enemies against whom we have limited defence and no way to fight.

We are up against all of this. And you choose now to get uppity about whose in charge?”

Scarlet huffed and looked hard over to Harmony, who was doing a stellar job of making her name seem like a bad joke.

”And you, Harmony. Can you not focus on anything other than your conviction that Amber Spark will betray us? Are you simply]y going to snipe all the way, or will you help us?

What happened to “Innocent Until Proven Guilty”, hmm?

We are a team now. This is not a STOMP mission, or a game. It’s Life and Death! We either trudt each other and get the job done. Or we bicker and fight, while ‘Rasophae’ picks us off.”

Turning to Amber, he gave her a reproachful look too.

”She either comes with us and we’re their to protect her. Or she storms out alone. They’re her sisters out there.

Now, enough of this! Time is of the essence, so lets get a bucking move on!”

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
”i would take your own advice here Static,” Scarlet said in a decptively calm voice that did nothing to hide his frustration. ”We are about to go out their in search of Symphony. In search of any information or artifacts that will let us break this dark magic. In search of anything that could save Rhapsody. We are going to face ‘Rasaphae’ and her possessed minions. Enemies against whom we have limited defence and no way to fight.

We are up against all of this. And you choose now to get uppity about whose in charge?”

Scarlet huffed and looked hard over to Harmony, who was doing a stellar job of making her name seem like a bad joke.

”And you, Harmony. Can you not focus on anything other than your conviction that Amber Spark will betray us? Are you simply]y going to snipe all the way, or will you help us?

What happened to “Innocent Until Proven Guilty”, hmm?

We are a team now. This is not a STOMP mission, or a game. It’s Life and Death! We either trudt each other and get the job done. Or we bicker and fight, while ‘Rasophae’ picks us off.”

Turning to Amber, he gave her a reproachful look too.

”She either comes with us and we’re their to protect her. Or she storms out alone. They’re her sisters out there.

Now, enough of this! Time is of the essence, so lets get a bucking move on!”

Amber glanced at Night Cap.

"Fine, she comes with us," she said, slumping into accession with a weary glance at Scarlet, but not before a split-second glare at Harmony.

"Oh, Dear Scarlet." Swift Tart says as they trot over to the Stallion as they take charge. "You said it yourself, It's her sisters out there. Can you really blame her for being upset and paranoid. We don't know who Rhapsody's killer was, for all we know she might be right. It could be Amber, or it could be one of you. We don't know anything about the pony that struck her down, nor about what the mask is capable of. I mean, is it not possible that it might have whammied someone in this very room to act on its behalf if it needed a body to control?" The piebald states cocking their head slightly and then looks the the res! t of the room. "There are just so many questions that need to be asked and answered, and well, I think Miss Sparks is best at that, isn't she?" They say with an almost flirty smile and dips their head in her direction.

Amber found herself faintly smiling. "I-it's actually Spark, ah, singular, Swifty," she said. "Thank you," she added, returning Swift Tart's nod.

Static turns a sharp look at Scarlet. "Did I say anything about fighting these things? We see a ghost, we run. But we are here to get to the bottom of this and find a way to defeat the power behind this...whatever 'defeat' may mean. And who in this room right now is more motivated?" He turns his look at Amber. "And yes, I want her with us...because on that point Scarlet is right. She's Rhapsody's sister. And I may have failed Raphsody, but I'll see Tartarus first before I fail somepony else again in the same night. None of us are strangers to being on teams with friction between members. We deal with it and we get the job done." He turns to Harmony. "That doesn't mean I'll abide constant aspersions. Until we know for certain who did it...we're not going to start accusing each other."

He huffs...and he didn't like that he did it. He sighs. Rhapsody huffs. But if ever there was a situation that warrented a huff. "Now are we going to bicker some more, or shall we crack on?" Static starts to move toward the door that was chosen for their team.

Top Bottom