Israeli-Palestinian Conflict

Spin-Out

i cant take it anymore im at my limit
Citizen
The Left is more antisemitic than the Right.
the left has its fair share of antisemitic morons, but rightoids are literal ******* nazi wannabes who openly want to do a second holocaust and christofascist MAGA cultists who spew QAnon bullshit (aka repackaged blood libel) every goddamn day.

the difference is there's plenty of rational people on the left who want nothing to do with antisemitic fuckwads, while the right has completely embraced open, virulent antisemitism.

the left absolutely needs to do a better job at kicking antisemites out than it's currently doing, though. tankies, nazbols and campists should absolutely be punched just as hard as nazis and other fascists.

Last edited:

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
The Left is more antisemitic than the Right.

It wouldn't have been long ago (maybe 5, no more than 10 years) that I would've disagreed. But no longer, after seeing it on display for all to see here in Canada the last half year or so.

But just listen to the disgusting antisemitic rambling nonsense spouted by one of the volunteers for the riding's Liberal candidate. Accusing the Conservative's deputy leader (who is Jewish) of writing letters to the Jewish community, telling them not to vote Liberal. The Jewish community in this riding, and indeed all over Canada, have a right to be furious with the Liberals and their wishy-washy attempts to play both sides, but really seeming more more sympathetic to Palestine in their actions. In the eyes of many, the Liberals have completely betrayed the country's Jewish population, and I think it's going to hurt them more badly than they suspect in the next general election.

His "electoral interference" ramblings are no better than any of the assorted bullshit conspiracy theories floating around these days. To hear nonsense like this come from a self-professed "progressive", and a supporter of a party I used to support, is revolting. They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of supporters these days, if that's what turns up to volunteer and you actually have to let them.

And of course all of this while we have a homeless man, probably coked out of his mind, sleeping it off on the doorstep of the Liberal's campaign office, emblematic of so may of the things wrong with Canada today.

Does Rebel News have an agenda? They sure do. But they didn't even need to try here, the whole scene is so goddamn tone-deaf.

Last edited:

Anonymous X

Citizen
This isn’t directly connected to the conflict, but Israel’s Labour Party is dissolving to be replaced by a new party. Pretty momentous – the party ruled Israel for its first three decades as its earlier incarnation Mapai, and was still a big player in Israeli politics until relatively recently.

Top Bottom