Mey Hem RPG: Sword & Sorcery After the End of the World!

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Out loud this time. My thinking is him trying to talk his way to a solution, but he’s not quite sure how to ask people anything specific.

Its onky in his head when I put it in italics and times new roman text.

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
Looking at things brought up, I think I'll do a quick reminder since while it's been a while in real time, it hasn't been a massive amount of time in game:

-The party entered YPNR by hover platform. If wanting to leave, they still exist (though they have limited fuel).
-While the vessel has various automated processes for navigation, the party has been to at least one of the manual overrides to directly pilot it. This was done when the party led Elizilah to one to stop the attempted crash landing.
-The children were taken from the Old Publishing District (and maybe one or two from Besseltrade). YPNR is currently closer to Viknadia than the OPD.
-Friday and Oracle discovered that the way YPNR computers are coded can be fundamentally alien but once that code is understood, there are ways to circumvent the logic of the coding.
-Sue'zhan and EB are full citizens of YPNR.
-Dee has knowledge of her access to a miracle but obviously it's up to her on whether she'd know what to do with it. In a similar extent, Night Cap has access to it but only to protect Dee.

Does anyone else have clarifications of open information they think their character might have?

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
what type of Miracle are we talking about? can I have the goddesses warp this entire thing onto the ground back where it came from? or are we talking something lame like making wine

Zamuel

Pittied fools.
Citizen
A miracle granted can be big or small but my thought process was that it would be in response to something. "Just teleport it" doesn't feel like it would be responding to something but I guess that would be based on perception. On that note, what are the exact reasons for wanting YPNR grounded? "On the ground" and "back where it came from" are sorta two different things since it hasn't been on the ground for decades. I also don't know what the plan the player's have for Monday.

I did realize I made a big mistake as a GM, though. This whole time I was going "why are they trying to land YPNR when they know that will make it way harder to exit and they know they entered from the bottom?" One of the few things saved from before the site destruction was entering YPNR. And the bay wasn't described as being on the bottom. So the past few years I've been operating off of information that was not properly given to the players.

Separately, I apologize for missing MEDdMI's question. While EB's out of combat healing takes 30 minutes, I'm willing to handwave the exact amount of time this one time since this is supposed to be the last moments of the campaign.

GodSentinelOmega

The Omega Knight Returns!
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
You’re right in that i did get the design of YPNR mixed up. I guess I thought we came in from the side, not underneath. Thats an interesting design, having the docking bay at the bottom and YPNR mostly designed for flight rather than ever landing. It kinda fits the narrative idea of Lucidas at the rest of YPNR upper management being the high minded superior types. Quite literally wanting a self contained utopia from they can look down upon the peons on the ground. Knoeing that does change my thinking.

I guess rather than landing, our own should be to redirect YPNR back towards the OPD, so we can return ground side and take the children back. So I guess we need to get to one of those manuAl overrides again.

One epilogue idea I have is maybe getting more of the YPNR populace to experience what the world on the ground is like. Judeen already has experienced it. Plus, maybe we could get 251 away from her self-imposed isolation.

As for Monday, the idea is to basically remove her digital shackles so that nobody can order her around anymore. Free her like Friday, so she can choose to help people, rather than be bound to obey.

I’m not totally sure how to go about hacking the YPNR system to do that, which is why o thought of using tech and magic again, since it helped Monday the first time.

Also, I do like the fact that Monday ended up connecting to Oracle. :)

Destron D-69

FF10F0
Citizen
I just figured if we landed it, we could go out onto the hull like we did for the fight in the rain and get off that way, ...but the miracle examples were just examples off the top of my head, not specifically things I was thinking of using it on.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Evacuate everyone, blow up YPNR while walking away and not looking back. :cool:

Seriously, though, I completely forgot about the entrance. I thought landing it was necessary, to get everyone out of there and prevent it from being used as a weapon again.

Top Bottom