Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I found these at Walmart today.

IMG_2577.jpeg

IMG_2578.jpeg

IMG_2580.jpeg

Leo: Swords fit in sheaths on the back. Looks pretty nice. Not much to note on the weapons rack. I always like more kunai.

Raph: Sais fit in sheaths in front but causes the arms to be stuck in a raised position. Weapon rack comes with the hook swords I've seen him use in previous generations. Nice. I never really liked the skull cap in Rise and I don't like it any better here.

Don: I don't like the glasses or the fanny pack. Luckily you can take them off. I do like the head phones, but I can't seem to get them on the head in any satisfactory way. Staff fits in sheath in back. Weapon rack comes with bladed staff I've seen him use in previous generations.

Mike: Nunchucks do not fit in sheaths on back in any way. Weapons rack comes with grapple. Don't think I care for the Stewie Griffin head shape.

Over all, it's nice to have new TMNT figures in the $10 range again. Designs have their ups and downs. I'm here for it.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mike: Nunchucks do not fit in sheaths on back in any way.
Would love to know why this keeps happening.

Maybe "keeps happening" is slightly hyperbolic, but he was the only Storage Shell Turtle back in the day who couldn't properly stow his weapons, either. I don't know about anything else between then and now.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
I'm just going to pat myself on the back here, real quick.

And now I'm wondering if we'll get TMNT DLC for Street Fighter 6 down the line. Crazier things have happened.

giphy.gif

This is just really cool. It feels like it's pretty rare for Street Fighter to do crossovers in the main games.

And, of course...Street Fighter hasn't ONLY crossed over with TMNT...
Street%2BFighter%2BX%2BG.I.%2BJOE%2B%25231%2BCover%2B3.jpg

It makes you wonder if GI Joe could be next for the Street Fighter DLC treatment. At least, for the ninjas.

Last edited:

Deathy G1

Citizen
Well, this is happening.

The TMNT are the bridge we need to make Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter happen! Injustice 2 had the TMNT as well as MK's Sub Zero and Raiden as guest characters, and now with them in SF6, could a kind Multiverse use them as a gateway for Injustice and therefore Mortal Kombat (the obvious answer is "no")? Hell we could get Marvel vs Capcom vs DC vs Mortal Kombat!

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
View attachment 15630

Found these at Target yesterday. I never had any of the mutating turtles as a kid. Nice to have them now.

View attachment 15631

They only have Raph and Leo. If I ever see Donny and Mikey, I'll have to nab them.

View attachment 15632

It's not the best transformation ever, but it works well enough. It's nice that the accessories also change to a degree.

But yeah, Target's been getting quite a bit of TMNT stuff lately.

IMG_2600.jpeg

I found the other two today.

IMG_2601.jpeg

Aside from the weapons they all have the same accessories.

IMG_2602.jpeg

Those are supposed to be pogo sticks with Don and jump ropes with Mike. They're kinda chintzy. As you can see, the parts still separate when Don holds the bo staff and the nunchucks still slide to jump rope length while being held by Mike.

Last edited:

wentwood

Citizen
Watching TMNT 2003.

As for the Nick set it's MOD so I doubt the video quality is as good.

The set I have included Back To The Sewer.

Somebody posted a vid for 03 and the picture quality result from Nick was a desaster.

Worse to worse not full screen.

At least I can see 03 full screen on my set.

This happened with Samurai Jack on DVD which I own.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Karai is playable now.

Screenshot_2023-08-17-05-41-48-349_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Who the hex are these?

Is that Mutagen Man?

Mona and Irma I know but is that Cody (the 5th Turtle)? I think Kevin is the name of the Red Skies kid?

Who's the guy with multiple weapons?

Screenshot_2023-08-17-05-42-18-093_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

Mondo Gecko and the Punk Frogs should be playable, c'mon. I recall Halfcourt from toys but was he in the show? I don't think he was in the Archie comics.

I want to see Manx the Verminator X!

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Who's the guy with multiple weapons?
Antrax

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I had the chance to watch Mutant Mayhem but I decided to forego it cuz it's my mom's birthday and family was visiting. Sigh.

Edit - joined a Facebook Pizza Hut Cowabunga Bundle blah blah contest where I took a picture with the promo (and I opened my Mayhem Donatello to pose with for added support) for a chance to win an advanced screening for the movie. I had a 1 in 5 chance of winning and I won! It's only a one day in advance before Mutant Mayhem actually opens but I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Saw it. There's a mid credit extra scene.

First off, could someone confirm for me. Did anyone in the movie actually saw Cowabunga? I feel like they didn't. But did they? Mikey didn't say it, I think, but one other character coooould have. Can anyone confirm?

( Edit - saw 107 Mutant Mayhem facts from Frederator YouTube video and, yeah, they say cowabunga at the climax )

Also, who was the middle standee? I can't remember.

( Edit - same video has a pic on who the standees were )

And was Splinter actually named? Cuz I don't think so.

---
Anyway, it's a fun movie. Grounded in some parts (like Donatello not being a super genius) and way out there in others (the climax, hahahah).

It changes the status quo into something I've never seen before and I like it. Ish. Me still mad cuz it took away Rise of the TMNT.

Generally, WTHex is up with the pop culture references? It's all over the place. Pixar, DC, Marvel and even Family Guy and ... Hey Arnold (?) got referenced. Whaaat?! Dumb to do.

Did the original live action TMNT movie say the sh-t word? This movie did, at the end.

WTHex is up with the killing? That was weird. Actual killing in a kids' action comedy.

Leonardo - hate what they did to his character arc. You'll see. Haha

Donnie - he sounds too cute. Too kiddie. Weirdly adorable and could still be a fave but he's not the usually tech Donnie.

Michelangelo - has a new schtick. Which is weird and fits a different era or turtle but whatever. Voice is kinda deeper too?

Raphael - almost a semi non character ish. He's not my fave turtle but he sorta got the short end of the characterization stick here. Odd.

Was Splinter actually mentioned by name? Hate the dead Jackie Chan voice. No spark to it.

Movie is incredible for Archie comics references. I guess it's Archie TMNT? Like, wow, how did they get them together like that? Luuuuved it. I bought a Mayhem Donnie and the card back gave away some characters but there's still awesome stuff. Luuuuved it. One stand out character. Another stand out design. Buuuuut...

... what's up with the gender bending? Three females, outta the blue? First, I hate they picked that person to gender flip. Second, like the design and characterization sooooo I'm ok with it. Third, holy cow, that was disgusting, hahahaha.

Speaking of which, hoooooly cow did I laugh my butt off at one horrible, HORRIBLE part. They didn't have to show everything but they did and it was horrible and I just guffawed. It was amazing, haha.

Ah, glad they toned down Seth Rogan's dumb, nonstop conversation talk. Those meta, probably improv, thinking it's funny to let it go one for a minute banter. It was there but there was less of it, at least.

Overall, I liked it a lot but Rise TMNT's Netflix movie is more solid to show off to people. Of course, it's not fair to compare since that was a finale and Mayhem TMNT had to restart everything.

Last edited:

Top Bottom