Ninja Turtles - Cowabunga!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I know I should be finding that thing hilarious, but I'm just focused on the fact that it is so rare so see official TMNT Shredder product refer to him as not just "Shredder" but "The Shredder", like how TMNT 2003 insisted on referring to him.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
IMG_2754.jpeg

I kept telling myself that I'd get these if I ever saw them both at the same time, but didn't want to get one and risk not getting the other. These aren't exactly my favorite designs of these two, so it was going to be all or nothing. No Rock Steady without Bebop.

To be honest, I think I told myself this thinking I would never come across both at the same time. But I went to Target today and...well...I mean look at the picture!

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
God I love the creativity behind the MotU/Turtles crossover figures.

Giving the Turtle characters He-man style Fantasy armor and weapons and making the He-Man guys Mutants and Turtle Villains is really great.

Ram-man as a Ram Mutant
30DB070F-EB2D-43C3-8BB6-F73298E359C6.jpeg

and Slash + Faker = Sla-Ker (great pun) rock and are probably my favorite two.

003E2EBC-116E-4D87-A135-DAE64AC794C9.jpeg

-ZacWilliam, but they all just look so fun.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Digging these, but probably won't get anything unless they do a Metalhead/Roboto mashup.

Any word if these are more of the Origins price point, or Masterverse?

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I'll probably get Slash. Have we seen Shredder yet? Funny enough though, as much as TMNT and MotU have been my two main obsessions lately, I'm not exactly on the edge of my seat with this. I'm more interested in hopefully getting an Alopex with the BST AXN IDW line. That would be a day one preorder for me.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
I haven't seen those MOTU crossover figures. Anyone got a link?

Here's pics of Wave 1 and Wave 2.

-ZacWilliam, no Mikey, April, Casey, Skeletor or Teela yet so I expect there will be a Wave 3.

Edit: Forgot... forgot to actually paste the link in. Heh.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
So, yeah! Shredder and Slash look nice, maybe even Leo. But like, even the He-Man, Donny and Raph toys don't look particularly interesting.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Beast Man and Man At Arms are the only slightly boring ones imo. I get the concept of both Beast Man in Samurai/Chrome Domey Armor and Man At Arms in Turtle Armor but they're not quite as visually interesting as the rest. *LOVE* Mouse Jaw.

- ZacWilliam, Leo - He-Man, Don- Man-At-Arms, and Raph- Ram-Man leave me wondering whose armor Mikey will get.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
IMG_2763.jpeg

Got this from Amazon today.

IMG_2764.jpeg

Nice box!

IMG_2765.jpeg

Now this was nicer than I exp. This comic is actually heftier than it looks.

IMG_2768.jpeg

4 complete comics inside is pretty nice.

IMG_2769.jpeg

It has a good number of arm replacements. You also take the tenta on and off depending on if he's in the body. I think this is how I'll display him.

IMG_2770.jpeg

Alongside vintage Krang and NECA Utrom for size comparison. He's a big guy.

IMG_2772.jpeg

Krang himself though isn't quite as big. *shrugs*

IMG_2771.jpeg

And alongside other BST AXN toys for scale.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I’ve been watching those BST AXN Best of sets for a sale. I think they are just a great little combo set, and I’m eager to see a few more with April or Casey.

The TMNTxMOTU figures are just so nifty. I really love how it’s mostly the heroic Masters getting all mutant up here. I ADORE Man at Arms as a nice revisionist take, even with the Turtle elements (which, really don’t stand out too much). An early promo image gave the full line up, and from that image, we’ve yet to see:
Skeletor
Hordak
Teela
Mikey
Splinter
Casey Jones.

Top Bottom