On the wings of a dragon - Dekafox's excuse to post art

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
So one thing I find neat(though not a lot of artists do this kind of commission) is to give an artist a character, a theme song to inspire as a prompt, and let them cut loose. The "True FIghter" song from Ultraman Orb Origin always felt like a perfect description of how Lunaria saw her werewolf nature, and (other than the Ultraman Orb callout) I always pictured it as her insert song in combat scenes. Especially the climactic ones where the opening song would play over the action.

And even better, there's a English version, that fits perfectly and sounds natural!

So I just got back a "song-promtped speedpaint" of her with that very song:
PROTECTEDspeedpaint lunaria wolf-watermarked-1920px_small_SHARE.png

So here she is channeling the light in what looks like ti's about to be some sort of AOE/close burst attack, while doing an awoo.

Artist for this one is https://www.furaffinity.net/user/anoroth/

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Got another commission back pretty quickly too, from Halopromise. I'd liked his stuff, then saw that werewolves was one of his preferred subjects, not just raptors, so I jumped on it when he opened, and turned out not many others apparently did. (Their loss.)

halopromise_eclipse.png

It's a rather symbolic piece - Lunaria is a werewolf, which are usually tied to the moons, but she also wields the Light, which is often linked to the sun. So just like an eclipse makes the sun and moon one, she is also bringing together(in a way) the powers of sun and moon. I also loved the idea enough I made it part of her story as well - this is when she finally fully comes to terms with the idea that the Light won't abandon her just for being what others consider a monster. As long as she stays true to herself and her oaths, it will answer when called.

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
This year is Elder Scrolls Online's 10th anniversary (though I've only played for 7-8 of those years) and the 30th anniversary of the Elder Scrolls franchise, so I finally went through with a commission idea I'd been bouncing around: homaging the original ESO promo art but replacing the generic heros(who are supposed to be stand-ins for our characters after all) with my Vestiges of the corresponding alliances.

sadnicole_bloodhonorglory.png

Speaks-With-Bones: Argonian necromancer and Vestige of the Aldmeri Dominion. Also the savior of the Root-Whisper tribe, Champion of Elsweyr and Proxy of Fate.

Ahnkirra: Khajiit ice witch and warden, Vestige of the Ebonheart Pact. Also the Hero of Morrowind. Savior of Summerset, and protector of Western Skyrim.

Lunaria Valeris: Imperial werewolf templar and Vestige of the Daggerfall Covenant. Also vanquisher of Molag Bal, savior of the Celestials, hero of Wrothgar, bane of Mehrunes Dagon, and Defender of the Three Thrones.

While I have done more DLC than that with some of them, that's my headcanon for which one did what stories. And in true Elder Scrolls fashion, later historians conflate them all to be the work of a single Vestige, at least until the stories themselves were eventually lost to time with the rest of the records of the Interregnum.

Also for clarity, this is a different Lunaria than the one in the previous two images. That Lunaria is from a different setting/world, while the one in this image is an AU one native to Tamriel(although the Tamriel Lunaria is technically the original as I created her first in ESO before starting to get art of her and fleshing out her concept/story). I didn't really plan to end up with three werewolf pics back-to-back, but she IS my DC vestige.

This image is by SadNicole!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Once upon a time I played ESO. If I were to dig out my disk and log in, I'm sure I'd still have my Mhajiit archer. I even bought a werewolf ability DLC.

But I moved on to FFXIV so long ago, I probably wouldn't know the first thing about what to do if I did try to log on. Is it still no sub required?

Dekafox

Fabulously Foxy Dragon
Citizen
Yep, still no sub required. All the sub does is open up the infinite craft mat bag for use, and allows you to access any DLCs you haven't bought(apart from the latest chapter). Now's a great time to start up actually, since day 2 of the July daily login rewards is the Clockwork City DLC, and Morrowind, which happens before it, is part of the base game now.

Top Bottom