Pony Comic Book Thread-IDW is Party Canon

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's probably a good idea for IDW to focus on shorter stories for now.

I still plan to get caught up. My go-to comic store is just really out of the way. I have to plan a whole day around it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
SEAPONIES!
2.JPG

3283549__safe_official+comic_izzy+moonbow_pipp+petals_zipp+storm_seapony+28g429_g5_idw_official_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-g5comic_female_my+little+pony+.jpg

1.JPG

I guess we have our next miniseries. Izzy...care to comment?
3162178__safe_artist-colon-amy+mebberson_izzy+moonbow_sunny+starscout_earth+pony_pony_unicorn_g5_idw_spoiler-colon-comic_spoiler-colon-comic40thanniversary_spoi.jpg

And, yes...Amy Mebberson aka the artist behind the Milkyway and Discord arcs will be doing this, too. And clearly, from the panel above from the 40th Anniversary Special, she's probaby a fan of the equus aquaticus, as well.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
September Solicitations are out, which means we get a look at the next MLP miniseries.

That's a face that tells a story, right there.

Plus, it sounds like this mini will have art from Andy Price, which is always a treat.

But more interesting that, actually is the text.

Because from the sounds of things...this is going to be a crossover with G4.

Now, they don't say what kind of crossover this will be. Given the "storm" in the name, I have to wonder if this will have something to do with either Wendigos or the Storm King from the movie. But, we don't really get any hints.

Still, kind of interesting. And these writers and artists have a MUCH deeper history with G4 than they did with G1. So, this crossover might be quite a bit better than the Generations miniseries. Something to keep a eye on, at least.

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
G4 must have been a really important cash cow for IDW, because they cannot let it go.

But I'm okay with it. If I had any expectations that this storyline would matter to any ongoing events, I would hate the idea. More than any other gen crossover, it is wrong when G5 characters get to meet G4 characters. The ship has sailed, but it's still wrong. Buuuuut as an inconsequential miniseries that's just for fun, I'm willing to just enjoy the 'what if' fun of seeing these characters play off each other. That's what crossovers are for, and IDW knows these characters well enough to do it right.

I assume 'storm' here primarily refers to Zipp Storm, and any story where she takes the lead is bound to be a good time.

Dvandom

Citizen
Classics Reimagined: the Odyssey is solicited for October. An oversized one-shot, with Pinkie as Odysseus and a perfect cupcake as Penelope.

---Dave

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Uh oh...you guys, I don't know how to tell you this but...we have another set of connecting covers for the MLP comics.

STL335611.jpg
STL340121.jpg

This isn't a good thing. This is NEVER a good thing when it comes to IDW MLP comics. They only usually ever do these when they're about to end a series.

Cases in point. The last 2 issues of both the G4 and G5 ongoings.
STL193869.jpg
STL198746.jpg

STL291358.jpg
STL295164.jpg

Did you notice something? It's always the same artist! It's always Justasuta! Justasuta is the harbinger of DOOM for this comic!

I know I've said the IDW MLP comic might be coming to a end soon before, and I've always been wrong. But, I don't think this is a good sign. Especially when issues 2 and 3 of the Storm for Zephyr Heights mini are oddly double-sized (and double-priced).

Also, fair warning, issues 2 and 3 look to have all of their art made by Kate Sherron, the artist behind the Camp Bighoof miniseries. Andy Price is only on the first issue of the miniseries. Just a heads up. I feel like this is could also be a hint that these comics might have been under a bit of a deadline.

I think this could really be it. I think IDW might be losing the MLP license. I hope I'm wrong. Maybe I'm just doom-saying prematurely here.

...Or they're re-starting the ongoing again. Who knows? But, I think something's up.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If this is the end, at least IDW put out some truly worthwhile stuff.

Or it could just be the end of this "The Storm of Zephyr Heights" miniseries. We'll see. The end of the G5 ongoing didn't end up being a bad thing at all.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Apparently, even Bleeding Cool noticed the weirdness with the Storm of Zephyr Heights mini.

No new info in the article. But, they did try to contact IDW and didn't get any replies back. (To be fair, I'm not sure if they have anyone left to reply to e-mails, after the newest round of layoffs. And they might not want to talk to anyone at Bleeding Cool, anyway.). Usually, a company would shut down any rumors like this before there's a chance for them to spread, though. So, there might be a element of truth to the conspiracy.

Maybe IDW's planning to make some sort of announcement themselves, soon?

I'll be honest, I kind of forgot they even had the American Girl license. It just wasn't on my radar.

EDIT: And now Equestria Daily posted that their secret source says that IDW is NOT losing the license.

So, yeah, probably false alarm? Still, I'm suspicious of that Justasuta connecting cover.

Last edited:

Top Bottom