Post Pictures of your Transformers, Let's see 40 years worth of Transformers!

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I was going through my TFTM crate, so I decided to take a few pics while I was at it.
20240731_195417(2).jpg

20240731_200124(0).jpg

20240730_050520.jpg

20240730_055019.jpg

20240731_190954.jpg

20240731_194435(1).jpg

20240731_185017(1).jpg

20240731_193007(1).jpg

Obviously missing G1 Springer and Blurr. They've never been particularly high on my wishlist, but I've knocked off enough other stuff the last few years that I'm starting to think about looking into them.

I never had any interest in the Wrecker Springer. I took one look at it, and it just didn't look right to me. But with all my Springers lined up like that, I'm suddenly considering getting him. Looking at it again, I think it might be that blue Wrecker badge that's putting me off so badly. With an Autobot symbol sticker to cover it up, I think I might prefer it over all the Siege muck.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I was going through my TFTM crate, so I decided to take a few pics while I was at it.
View attachment 22714
View attachment 22715
View attachment 22716
View attachment 22717
View attachment 22718
View attachment 22719
View attachment 22720
View attachment 22721
Obviously missing G1 Springer and Blurr. They've never been particularly high on my wishlist, but I've knocked off enough other stuff the last few years that I'm starting to think about looking into them.

I never had any interest in the Wrecker Springer. I took one look at it, and it just didn't look right to me. But with all my Springers lined up like that, I'm suddenly considering getting him. Looking at it again, I think it might be that blue Wrecker badge that's putting me off so badly. With an Autobot symbol sticker to cover it up, I think I might prefer it over all the Siege muck.

Rodimus Prime: Used to own the first, never had the second, currently own the other two.
Hot Rod: Own the three middle, plus the movie colors version of the first.
Ultra Magnus: Only ever had the first, don't have him now.
Springer: None, to my eternal dismay. =(
Kup: Used to own the first (when I was a kid, as with the other "used to's"), currently own the second.
Blurr: Used to own Targetmaster G1, currently own the second here.
Arcee: Only the second here.
Wheelie: Owned the G1 original as a kid, currently own the middle.

Haywire

Collecter of Gobots and Godzilla
Citizen
I'm curious, what is the sorta-G1 Arcee? Is it a one-off custom or does someone sell that? Asking for a friend...

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I'm curious, what is the sorta-G1 Arcee? Is it a one-off custom or does someone sell that? Asking for a friend...
It's iGear Delicate Warrior. She was a Classics-type figure that came out around 2010, I think. I saw a picture at some point with her lined up with the G1 toys. It surprised me how well she fit in with them, so I picked one up to serve as a G1 Arcee.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I wish I'd waited and gotten him cheaper. And that he had heels and didn't tip over if you looked at him funny. And that he was actually fun, like City Commander and Protector.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
That Fansproject armor for Classics Hot Rod is still one hell of a kit. I mean, it served as my Rodimus for countless years (the Battle in Space 2-pack version was my Hot Rod). Say what you will about 3rd party companies, but for a while, FP were just knocking their upgrade sets out of the park. Don't even get me started on what their Combaticon upgrades did for that Universe Bruticus Maximus.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
That Fansproject armor for Classics Hot Rod is still one hell of a kit. I mean, it served as my Rodimus for countless years (the Battle in Space 2-pack version was my Hot Rod). Say what you will about 3rd party companies, but for a while, FP were just knocking their upgrade sets out of the park. Don't even get me started on what their Combaticon upgrades did for that Universe Bruticus Maximus.
All of FP's upgrade kits were really fun. And their standalone figures got better. In fact the last 3P remnant in my collection is their faux-Dai Atlas.

But Warbot Defender was rough. And it's hard to see how anyone saw that as better than what HasTak was doing, even back then

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Yeah, I held back on getting that Defender, because...yeesh. Weirdly though, years after its release, I picked up their Armored Core (or whatever it was) Roadbuster. Which, admittedly, is equally doofy, but I was so starved for a decent Roadbuster that I took the plunge. Oddly, I feel the same way about the official Generations Roadbuster: it's doofy and doesn't really scratch my itch for a good update, but hey, it's there!

Speaking of, how about a nice, modern update of Roadbuster, Hasbro? I think it's time ;)

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I bought their ninja Insecticons, Bruticus upgrade and their OC Steelcore. Ended up keeping only Steelcore. Got to handle a few other of their toys in one way or another. Everything they made until the bitter end had the same weird aesthetic that never sat well with even the blockiest of classics, had design problems and/or was later outclassed.

Haze Arquebus

Cursed Punweaver
Citizen
I did get the Trianix Alpha thing a while back on crazy discount mostly for its general super robot vibes, and yeah, they did thankfully get much better at solo robots over time. Little late for me to realize that, whoops.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
I bought their ninja Insecticons, Bruticus upgrade and their OC Steelcore. Ended up keeping only Steelcore. Got to handle a few other of their toys in one way or another. Everything they made until the bitter end had the same weird aesthetic that never sat well with even the blockiest of classics, had design problems and/or was later outclassed.
I have a kinder take on FP than you but I do agree about them having a noticeable aesthetic. So much so that when one of their designers did one of the MachineRobo Action Toys figures I was like WAIT A GOSH DARN MINUTE... FP? Is that you?

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I got the City Commander and Protector kits, then had to put them and other stuff in storage, then they REALLY got kept in storage when we moved, and by the time I got back to them they had been passed by and outclassed. I remember being impressed just by the facility of creating something so involved from scratch, even if the designs were a bit... Lacking (Protector did work out a bit better). I did jump at the chance to get their Bruticus add-ons, as high on the Unicron Trilogy as I was.

Warbot Defender was what made me tune RIGHT out, because even at the time that was... woof. An interesting learning experiment for the designer, but not something I'd ever buy. Assaulter looked better, but also one I never seriously considered -- due to the other thing that was keeping me well away: the steep pricing. Then, as now, 3P stuff is just prohibitively priced due to various factors, which is just as well.

I did backtrack and get a surprising good deal on their Quickswitch, which at Voyagerish height and as a unique mold is preferable to the TR Velocitron set light retool of the character.

3P stuff has come a really long way in the... Near 20 years since then, yikes.

Top Bottom