Spiderman Miles Morales (and other Spiderman Games)

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I've tried playing Spiderman games before, but I always seem to run into some sort of brick wall. Either there's a timed mission that I just couldn't even, I get drawn away by another game and by the time I get back I've forgotten the controls...something usually happens. The last Spiderman game I played and just absolutely loved start to finish was Ultimate Spiderman on the Gamecube.

Well, I haven't finished Miles Morales yet...not by a long shot. I only started last night. But honestly, I haven't had this much fun just slinging around the city since Ultimate Spiderman. I do get the feeling that if I were to go away from it for a while and try to come back, I'd probably have trouble trying to control it. But that can be said about several games that I enjoy these days. Right now, I'm totally loving it.

Last edited:

Shadewing

Citizen
Check out the regular Spider-Man game as well, which this is a spin-off of. It's honestly both one of the best Spidey games and stories in a long time.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
That's one of the ones I got sidetracked from and had trouble getting back into. But the remaster was included with Miles Morales, so maybe after I'm done with this one, who knows?

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
I’m kind of envious of you playing Miles first, because the impact of the climax is kind of similar to the first one and didn’t hit very hard to me after playing the first game.
Both are a bit of the same that way so while there are some differences, Miles kinda felt like it recycled a bit from Pete’s first run.

That said both are great games. I’ve platinumed both PS4 and the PS5 Remaster for the first game. Miles I keep screwing up the 100 hit combo with his Venom abilities or just can’t deal with dodging enemies just right to pull it off.

Last edited:

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I may do the first game. I mean, I specifically made sure to get the version that included the first gam, so I might as well play it. But I do have quite a bit of post game stuff I want to do with Miles firs.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I was pretty much done with Miles Morales, done enough to start the first game in any case. I miss the venom moves and had a big sigh when I found out fast travel doesn't unlock until you complete story mode. But other than that, I'm having a pretty good time so far.

I decided to go for fidelity over performance this time but it still plays very smoothly.

Sjogre

Citizen
Fast Travel doesn't what? Unless that was added to the remaster, you should have it before you beat the game. I think that you need to unlock the locations, but that's it.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So now I have the vintage comic book suit unlocked, which I'm absolutely loving. Still,kinda ruines a dramatic moment when you have a cartoonish Spider-Man saving and talking to a (comparatively) photorealistic MJ.

Daith

Bustin make feel Good!
Citizen
Fast Travel doesn't what? Unless that was added to the remaster, you should have it before you beat the game. I think that you need to unlock the locations, but that's it.
Ya Fast Travel should be unlocked after you get the pass from Uncle Aaron.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Oh, I was talking about the Peter Parker Spiderman...which I just finished. I finished Miles Morales a week ago.

Without spoiling anything, they both have rather bittersweet endings.

And yeah, fast travel, it took a while to unlock, but it wasn't end of game like I was led to believe. I had faulty information.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I am now on the third part of The City That Never Sleeps DLC. The endings of the first two parts have been gut wrenching. I'm hoping for something a bit happier at the end of all of this.

Meanwhile, I was going to post this in Forum of Solitude, but there's only the movie discussions over there. And since it was the video game that renewed my Spidey interes, I guess I'll put it here.

Anyway, with all the Spiderman stuff that's gone on lately, I wanted to go back on ComiXology and find classic panels, particularly this one:

500EDF3F-C94D-4395-9C74-CA5D909F6358.jpeg

All well and good, but next came this.

477EFDB1-11EA-4618-B517-FFC9D41ACFDB.jpeg

This is not the same Mary Jane I'm used to. Does anyone have a 70's to English dictionary? Because I don't know what the hell she's saying or what she's smoking.

Shadewing

Citizen
Lets see: She thinks Peter is Awesome, she loves his bike, he's the be all to end all, she wants to watch TV and chat about the details of Peter's life during the commericals; She surprised he's not a shy introvert, and she takes drama lessons.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Lets see: She thinks Peter is Awesome, she loves his bike, he's the be all to end all, she wants to watch TV and chat about the details of Peter's life during the commericals; She surprised he's not a shy introvert, and she takes drama lessons.

I was act being sarcastic about not understanding it. It was just a weird moment of "no one talks like that!" Certainly I've never seen MJ as being one who would talk like that.

I mean, I wasn't around in the 70's (well, okay, born in '77, so I was too young to remember). But I really hope that that's an exaggeration and no one really used to sound like that.

If you have to ask what someone named Mary Jane is smoking, I don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, that's fair.

Shadewing

Citizen
I was act being sarcastic about not understanding it. It was just a weird moment of "no one talks like that!" Certainly I've never seen MJ as being one who would talk like that.

I mean, I wasn't around in the 70's (well, okay, born in '77, so I was too young to remember). But I really hope that that's an exaggeration and no one really used to sound like that.

...wow, you're older then I am... I dont think i would have expected that...

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
So I've been playing Spiderman 2 lately but noticed there was no topic for it. So I'm bringing this back and opening it up to all Spidetman Games.

You know there was a Spiderman and the X-Men game back in the SNES days. It wasn't a particularly good game, but I liked being able to control when Wolverines claws were out.

Last edited:

Top Bottom