Spiderman Miles Morales (and other Spiderman Games)

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I'll keep an eye on that. But I wasn't a day-one buyer of Arkham Asylum or the first Spiderman games for a reason. Superhero games can be really good or really bad, rarely ever in between. And it usually doesn't depend on how much you like the hero. So whenever a new franchise starts, I have to wait and see.

Back to Spiderman though...
IMG_2847.jpeg

Between Felicia and Selena, I gotta wonder, what is it with me and cat-themed anti-heros?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I didn't know there was a Spider-Man game thread. I was raving about playing Spider-Man 2 on the Playstation thread.

A friend has Miles Morales PS5 but NOT the Ultimate edition. I want to borrow and play it already (because I luuuuuved Spider-Man 2) but I think I should play regular Spider-Man 1 first. Another friend has it on PS4 buuuut I wanna find the Ultimate edition with all the DLC.

Ooor else I borrow Baldur's Gate 3 first. Hmm.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
If you have PlayStation + Extra (middle tier of +), Miles Morales is included....but I don't think th includes the first game. Here's the thing about the Ultimate Edition though. Yes it includes the Remaster of the first game...but as a redeem code. So you wouldn't be able to just borrow it.

As for which one you should play first between SM or BG3, you'll definitely want to play them all at some point. They're all very good games. You'll probably sink the most time in BG3 if that helps you decide.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
A redeem code?!?! Dang.

I looked up the wiki so if I want to play the City Never Sleeps DLC in a physical copy, I have to get the Spider-Man 1 PS4 Game of the Year? Or Spider-Man 1 Remastered?

Miles Morales doesn't have a DLC?

Is it OK to play Miles Morales without playing Spider-Man DLC City Sleep? Like, does Miles first appear in that DLC?

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
It's been a while since I've played it. I remember Miles does have some pre-Spiderman bits in SM1. But I played the Miles game before the Peter game and didn't have any problems with it.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_2849.jpeg

By the way, here's my Spiderman video game collection. I used to have Ultimate Spider Man for Gamecube until my save data got corrupted and I didn't have the heart to start all over again, so I sold it. I do miss going around as Venom and eat all of the innocent civilians. Good times.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why anyone would need to unlock another costume for Miles once they have the one with the cat in the backpack.

IMG_2855.jpeg

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Ok, I've finally borrowed Spider-Man 1 for PS4. They just throw you right at the game? Haha

It SEEMS like Spider-Man 2 PS5 but I'm missing mechanics that I'm used to! Where are the Web Wings with the speed boosts? Why can't I hold R2 and press jump to do a super high upward jump (so I can't start swinging)? I know the Web Line is invented at Spider-Man 2 PS5 but I miss doing perch takedown and stringing up thugs anywhere anytime, gosh dang it! And I keep sinking in water, haha.

I'm at 32% so far, having collected the backpacks (two stumped me cuz they weren't where they were pinging at so I have to look it up to find out that they were UNDERGROUND cuz there were road tunnel below the ground, haha) and took all the photos.

Chased down Shocker and have met Martin Li twice. Since I was into his story arc in Spider-Man 2, I was pretty excited to see him, else see Peter's reaction when he turns out to be Mister Negative, haha.

Also, when I click the DLC buttons for the Black Cat, Hammerhead and Silver Sable content, it says they're not found. What gives?!?

Anyhow, it's been cool so far. Bring on the rest of the Sinister Six!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I haven't slept! I'm at 71% ! It doesn't feel like I'm in the thick of the game yet but probably cuz I'm binge playing it and I'm forgetting stuff.

But I LUV that Screwball is in here! She's relatively new and created by Dan Slott. Slott is cool but, argh, he killed Silver Sable by... drowning her (via Sandman). I wonder if she came back from the dead somehow.

Since Martin Li is a relatively new villain, I hope people were shocked that he turned evil when they first played, hehe.

Oh, I wasn't sure but did Miles' dad die from the explosion or from being cut up by Demon swords, like how they were slaughtering bystanders after the bombing? I couldn't tell.

Also something i forgot about when I played the second game but Peter's webs don't dissolve after an hour?

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Omg, I'm at 90% but I'm trying to do the Taskmaster Challenges to get Challenge Tokens so I can unlock all the suits! If I knew they were really limited, I would have spent all of them on the suits instead of the Gadgets!

I got Ultimate 3 on all the Stealth challenges and got 2 on most of the Bomb challenges. I just need to get Ultimate 3 on all four of the Combat challenges and I'd have enough for the last three suits. The Drone challenges are just too tough for me with the swinging around. I could barely get the 2 on the Bomb challenges, argh

Gosh dang it, I could be fighting the Sinister Six but I want to get all the suits!

---
Edit - I was only 80% when I tried to finish off my costumes by getting the Challenge tokens.

Anyhow, I'm finished! I thought the Sinister Six would fight me all at once but it was two at a time. I didn't know this was where May dies.

Cool that it could have been MJ who got bitten instead of Miles. But the way it goes, they had no way of knowing how Miles actually got his powers.

Since i played Spider-Man 2 first, i didn't realize Mister Negative was that bloodthirsty. The suicide bombers was a lot but the worst is the poor scientist who got negatived then made to shoot himself in the head. I feel less sympathy towards him now.

Oh, I had three glitches. On jetpack guy got stuck in a wall so I had to punch him until he was defeated. Also on Stun baton guy in a box. Then at the rhino scorpion fight, I jumped in a suspended cylinder and couldn't escape. For that one, I had to restore to a previous save.

Anyhow, great game! I'll play Miles next.

Last edited:

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
I was at 50% when I realized I could activate my spider sense during car chase roof rides and see when the gun men are trying to get out of the car to shoot me. I didn't know!

Anyhow I'm already at 72% and about to meet Uncle Aaron at the dock after I showed Phin my face. Gosh dang it was awesome to see the Prowler in action! Missing the cape tho, boo.

So far it's been cool. My fave suit is the digital face one.

Edit -

Finished. A lot of drama at the end. Too much to believe that the Tinkerer and Miles are only 17. She should have been smarter and tossed Miles away. She would have been fine then.

Loved that Prowler was around to do a little good. I played in his costume (which was sort of a Mysterio suit by the colors) until the end. Then I got the cat suit, haha

Fingers are sore. Going to play breath of the wild next, finally.

Last edited:

Top Bottom