Studio Series discussion

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I seen the pictures and honestly, I'm starting to lean on passing, the back pack is terrible compared to ER, who cleans up nicely, kind of makes me wonder, why don't they just shink the MP figure down, not that I have the best MP figure mind you as the only MP OP I have is the original mold with the blue verison of his gun

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
It is in all likelihood a shrunken down MP. Just that it’s MP-44 without the space or partscount to further tidy up the backpack or stuff truck cab into his shins.

That said, I don’t care about hiding wheels and don’t think any trailer within the confines of the G1 combat deck would make the Commander price point seem worth it. It’d be similar to Rodimus who I also siipper.

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
It's funny how everybody can talk at length about something that hasn't actually been shared in the place where everybody's talking about it. :p

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
I've said before that I really like ER Prime, and SS86 Prime would have to be really special to be worth getting. I'll of course be watching to see the full reveal, what he looks like in other settings, and what else he comes with. But just going off of this picture, he's nowhere close to clearing that bar.

I'd be more likely to go for Dramatic Capture as a potential upgrade, but he's more of a sidegrade to me. I like the legs being all blue, but I don't care for replacing the silver with white.

For what it's worth, I also passed on MP-44 since I like MP-10 better.

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
So, the Target Dead Brawn and Ratchet set is up for preorder, for those interested:

I missed out on it through Pulse, but was still able to get free shipping.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I'm not bothering with that pack, I don't really feel the need to get either figure, the SS Ratchet/Ironhide mold isn't that great, while I already have a copy of Brawn and I don't need another copy that is battle damaged

Exatron

Kaiser Dragon
Citizen
Assuming SS86 Megatron turns out well, I'd love to see a reformatting version of him down the road as well. I've never done dioramas, but that progression could earn a place on a shelf somewhere.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The official Instagram post has been a joy to behold...

1720253550405.jpeg

1720253574703.jpeg

1720253649461.png

1720253682480.png

1720253712101.png

Just a sampling.

Top Bottom