Studio Trigger x Transformers 40th Anniversary Special Movie up

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
This thing is glorious. Wallpaper central. Got me all misty.

Seems to be region locked at the moment.

Reddit mirror by r/Unicorn_Gundam:

trig40 (1).jpgtrig40 (2).jpgtrigg40 (1).jpgtrigg40 (2).jpgtrig40 (3).jpgtrigg40 (3).jpgtrig40 (4).jpgtrigg40 (4).jpgtrig40 (5).jpgtrig40 (6).jpgtrig40 (7).jpgtrig40 (8).jpgtrig40 (9).jpgtrig40 (10).jpgtrig40 (11).jpgtrig40 (12).jpgtrig40 (13).jpgtrigg40 (6).jpgtrigg40 (7).jpgtrigg40 (8).jpgtrigg40 (9).jpgtrigg40 (10).jpgtrig40 (14).jpgtrig40 (15).jpgtrig40 (16).jpgtrig40 (17).jpgtrig40 (18).jpgtrig40 (19).jpgtrig40 (20).jpgtrigg40 (5).jpgtrig40 (21).jpgtrig40 (22).jpgtrig40 (23).jpgtrig40 (24).jpgtrig40 (25).jpgtrigg40 (11).jpgtrigg40 (12).jpgtrigg40 (15).jpgtrig40 (26).jpgtrigg40 (13).jpgtrig40 (27).jpgtrig40 (28).jpgtrig40 (29).jpgtrig40 (30).jpgtrig40 (31).jpgtrig40 (32).jpgtrig40 (33).jpgtrigg40 (14).jpgtrig40 (34).jpgtrigg40 (16).jpgtrig40 (35).jpgtrig40 (36).jpgtrig40 (37).jpgtrig40 (38).jpgtrig40 (39).jpgtrig40 (40).jpgtrig40 (41).jpgtrig40 (42).jpgtrig40 (43).jpgtrig40 (44).jpgtrig40 (45).jpgtrig40 (46).jpgtrig40 (47).jpgtrig40 (48).jpgtrig40 (49).jpgtrig40 (50).jpgtrig40 (51).jpgtrig40 (52).jpg

Last edited:

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen

Something else to note about this video is that it only features things from motion picture media that has actually aired in Japan, so there's nothing from things like American comics (Marvel, BotCon, Dreamwave, IDW, or Skybound), Rescue Bots, Prime Season 3, Predacons Rising, RID 2015 Season 3, Machinima's Prime Wars Trilogy, Rescue Bots Academy, Cyberverse Season 3-4, BotBots, etc.

Also nothing from Transformers One since this video would have been in development before the first trailer was revealed back in April.

Last edited:

Confuzor

Koopaling Aficionado
Citizen
Seeing the Prime kids in-frame with the Armada kids made me super emotional for some reason. I dont even like the Armada kids.

In general the Prime-era got alot of love here. Animated too!

Edit: ROTB Rhinox has a moustache?!
Edit²: thats not Rhinox. Its the cargo plane that I dont recall actually transforming. The green thew me off. Silly me, expecting colors on Live Action Transformers.

Last edited:

lastmaximal

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Seeing the Prime kids in-frame with the Armada kids made me super emotional for some reason. I dont even like the Armada kids.

In general the Prime-era got alot of love here. Animated too!
Right? Honestly I think it's those shots that got me to pause and smile (in the midst of being blown away by the epic stuff.) Just aw, the kids! A big dose of the humanity and heart in the midst of all the posing. (I wish there'd been a moment with Movie Bee and Sam. And with Charlie.)

And when they did the families all together for some reason that's what got me misty. Idk why I was caught off guard seeing the Maltos next to the Witwickys. Just them all looking up at Prime and Megatron (will they shake han- nope, makes sense), and oh damn, it's Prime and Megatron 40 years later, and now they're in a place to shake hands and end this right, and cue the big smile on my face.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Heh. I loved it... Armada was a big part of my early teens and Prime was a big part of my 20-something fandom so seeing Rad, Carlos, Alexis, Fred, and Bill with Miko, Jack, and Raf... the feels.
And my man Coby! With Lori!

It's strange. I couldn't understand a word of the song but that video made me misty eyed. That last shot with the families and Prime and Megs... just so good.

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
40 years, gotta wonder what they would produce for the 80th, to see how far Transformers has come, thou I expect by the 80th, the price of a commander class or Titan class would be the price of a deluxe or legends class by then!

56 years is what I'm waiting for. Provided they don't extend copyright, Transformers becomes public domain baby!

Just publishing my first Transformers novella at the tender young age of 97!

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
56 years is what I'm waiting for. Provided they don't extend copyright, Transformers becomes public domain baby!

Just publishing my first Transformers novella at the tender young age of 97!

I believe it would be the G1 that would become public domain than the brand name of Transformers, so pretty much all of the G1 desgins would become public domain.

Princess Viola

Dumbass Asexual
Citizen
I believe it would be the G1 that would become public domain than the brand name of Transformers, so pretty much all of the G1 desgins would become public domain.
That's not how public domain works.

Assuming the copyright law doesn't change, only works that were published in 1984 would fall into the public domain (in the US) after 90 years.

Not the entirety of G1, so like (just going by the cartoon) the first season of the cartoon would be public domain but not the second, third, fourth seasons or the movie, so you could use the depictions of those characters from 1984 but that's it (like how the Steamboat Willie design for Mickey Mouse is public domain and you could use it but not any modern designs nor Disney characters that debuted post-1928)

So obviously get hyped, 83 year old Viola is gonna upload copies of the first season onto whatever future version of the internet we have and whatever horrific conglomerate Hasbro will be part of in the future won't be able to do jack about it.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
But we can still plan for it! I already have my Public Domain plot worked out, from the 1980's and back a bit. Like how Godzilla and the 1930's King Kong will join forces to fight Fortress Maximus and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in Godzilla x Kong, that Metallic Camp Food Flavor.

52578796620_0709cd1cea_c.jpg

Then we go to a robot and his weird dog, the robot is depressed because of all the Charlie Brawns in the world, he's the Charlie Brawnest...

33165401058_cd6f1eeeaf_c.jpg

Now let's see, I should be able to release these...shortly after the senility kicks in. Hmm.....

Undead Scottsman

Citizen

Yeah, the trademarks wouldn't expire, so I couldn't call it Transformers (provided someone as Hasbro or whoever is still maintaining the trademark) and it would only be for stuff released in 1984. (So anything from 1985 fiction or later wouldn't be covered)

I was being mostly facetious (I mean, I highly doubt I'm living that long) because if I was going to write a Transformers book, it'd incorporate ideas from nearly every major continuity. And would likely be a very boring book.

Top Bottom