Tell Your Tale Discussion Thread-Salute Our Shorts

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Hey, we're back at the Board Trot. Maybe we'll find out if these rides open up magic portals or not!

Zipper Coaster?! Zipp got a entire roller coaster named after her? I guess it does fit her color scheme, so the name fits. Lucky...

Yeah, Misty, I doubt they can hear you since they're almost a mile away.

To be fair, that roller coaster WAS made by magic. So, there's a pretty even chance that it's possessed by a ghost or will send you to another dimension or will suddenly disappear while you're in the middle of a loop or will charge you extra for photos or something. Being afraid of that particular roller coaster is probably wise, really.

Filly Funhouse Mirror! When Pipp looks into it, she just looks normal.

So...is this in her head, or are these CURSED magic mirrors? Because we already know these mirrors are magic, they're floating after all. Maybe Misty ate a cursed churro or something at the Board Trot.

The Teacups...the ultimate ride of shame after chickening out of going on the big fancy roller coaster. This is her penance.

Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash plushies are in the background! Someone still remembers the G4 Manes!

Pipp has a balloon with her own face on it. She's living the dream!

Seapony Misty! Someone got the memo about the comics! Brand synergy!

Pipp lost her balloon. She decided she wanted to have a solo career.

She's already on the teacups, guys. Hasn't she suffered enough?

Murky Misty has red eyes. Nice touch!

And now she's on the bumper cars. She's building herself up for it!

I guess the other ponies would think the bumper car that Murky Misty is in is just malfunctioning? Or haunted? Eh, they're probably used to being haunted at this point.

All those years around Opaline really messed this poor girl up, didn't it?

"I'm still heeereee" You know, I feel like the fandom would actually embrace keeping two Mistys around.

"You're not brave enough to join your friends" Didn't she just sky dive off a cloud by surfing on a rainbow a few episodes ago? Then again...maybe she's scared of heights BECAUSE of that incident with the cloud machine.

"I can't believe you yelled at me! I'm...kind of cute when I'm angry?"

I wonder what everyone else is seeing while Misty is doing this? They must think she's nuts, yelling at the empty air like this. Do they see her dragging the manifestation of her fear into the joy ride along with her or not?

Misty just cuts in line. Even though it's part of her personal growth for today, it's still pretty rude. Posey's anger is justified count...1.

Two riders in the same seat...that's a safety violation, even if one of them is imaginary.

Izzy's just enjoying her cotton candy. And most of it's even getting into her mouth!

"This is my sixteenth ride and I'm still scared!" They are horses after all. They're not known for their bravery.

I'm not sure if Murky Misty's mane being more dramatically blown back by the wind is a nice touch or a oversight. I'm going with a nice touch. It really emphasizes her representing fear.

"Edible beard!" ALL beards are edible if you try hard enough.

"Miss Misty I...don't feel so good" When Thanos snapped his fingers, did imaginary friends count as half the universe?

Great, now everyone's going to want to try the Rainbow Road track. So many safety violations. Who's running this park anyway? *Remembers the Manes own the Board Trot, basically* Oh...they do NOT have enough insurance.

Fastpass, Posey. Fastpass.

Oh, Posey would have a FIELD DAY if she learned about Fastpass. I WANT that angry rant, now!

Now, there's a episode for you! Just have a entire episode of Posey going off on a long rant about some topic. And then we find out the poor person she's ranting at is just some fast food employee. "Ma'am...this is a Hey Hayburger". Or...just Sunny, I guess.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Filly Funhouse Mirror! When Pipp looks into it, she just looks normal.
+1

The Teacups...the ultimate ride of shame after chickening out of going on the big fancy roller coaster. This is her penance.
I'm just impressed that that they successfully conveyed "This ride is comically slow" in a show whose format requires an extremely rapid pace. The TYT crew may have a humble job, but they are genuinely skilled. They know exactly how long they can afford to linger on anything. I took a lot of film classes. I had to work within 5 minutes. It is hard.

Seapony Misty! Someone got the memo about the comics! Brand synergy!
Considering how historically bad Hasbro is at this, it continues to be impressive how well G5 is pulling this off. Someone is really trying.

And now she's on the bumper cars. She's building herself up for it!
This is good. She doesn't just abruptly get over it because the episode is out of time. She builds up to it, without the episode really drawing attention to how she's building up to it. These writers are so overqualified.

"You're not brave enough to join your friends" Didn't she just sky dive off a cloud by surfing on a rainbow a few episodes ago? Then again...maybe she's scared of heights BECAUSE of that incident with the cloud machine.
This bothered me at first. But her friends kinda sorta own this park, don't they? I wouldn't trust these rides either. I mean, how often does the Marestream make a successful landing?

I wonder what everyone else is seeing while Misty is doing this? They must think she's nuts, yelling at the empty air like this. Do they see her dragging the manifestation of her fear into the joy ride along with her or not?
As someone who has had some episodes in front of people, in my experience people are surprisingly chill about this. Maybe it's just because I'm in Florida, where people expect weirdness. But that logic definitely applies to Maretime Bay.

They are horses after all. They're not known for their bravery.
I want to know what plastic bags did to their ancestors. Horses have never forgotten it.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen

Neat song, fun episode. Doesn't do anything new, but at least we didn't get misty doing her affirmation. It was hitch this time.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Well, these mirrors are more interesting than I immediately expected.

I still don't like G5 music.

TYT got the memo that MLP games are platformers now.

Why would you not go through the portal? Don't you trust this place?

Stahp.

I think the writers are tired of the introdumps too, because it did nothing this time.

Sunny gets tired of waiting and hands them the solution.

Sunny is not amused. The background is going to be a pain the clean up but that's a ponymote right there.

You're winner !

I can almost tell what Sparky said there.

This was fun enough.

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
Okay you could have had a mirror show Hitch as a dragon, or either him or Sunny genderswapped, but you didn't lame.

I DO like G5 music, but this song is just okay

Uh... so there is like a soft padded bottom or a net under those platforms right? Otherwise this is REALLY damn dangerous for an attraction.

Why is there a tunnel slide that leads to a sewer looking area?

So if you go through this alone and get to this room, are you trapped forever? Who designed this place? (Izzy's mind or was it like this before the magic fix?)
I think the writers are tired of the introdumps too, because it did nothing this time.
What do you mean? It sent a telepathic warning to Sunny that they were lost. That was absolutely magic right there. Some new Alicorn power?

They made it out, but I have to imagine that whoever is in charge of making sure this place is working/clean, they're going to be PISSED at the BIG HOLES IN THE GROUND WHERE THE VINES CAME FROM.

Neat episode I guess. I'm still more interested in what the next special will be like.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
Huh. Adult Sparky doesn't have a head full of glorious hair like all the other dragons in G5. That male pattern baldness will get ya!

Nightmare Sunny! She'll MAKE you eat your vegetables! And you'll LIKE IT! Although, they are just re-using her Nightmare Night costume from season 1. Eh, at least it's economical.

Filly Sunny! I don't know how such tiny legs can support such a large head.

Old Lady Sunny! The mirror's warning her to take better care of her eyes! Honestly, she ages pretty gracefully, compared to some other older ponies we've seen.

Inverse color Scheme Sparky! I actually kind of like the red.

Muscular Hitch! Mustachoed Hitch! Mono-corned Hitch! Messy-Maned Hitch! Monocled Monochrome Hitch! Miniature Mammalian Hitch! (Okay, that last one is a stretch, but you try finding a M word for racoon!)

I wonder what happens if you fall into the pit? Maybe that's how they trap ponies in the mirrors...

Fun fact: You know what MC Escher paintings are REALLY about right? Here's a hint: it's the same thing that Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland was all about. Those two were into the same stuff, if you catch my drift. And that stuff is....Math. No that's not a typo. Both of those guys were mathematicians at a time when math was starting to get REAL weird. Square roots of negative numbers and all that jazz. It inspired a lot of mathematicians to get REAL abstract in their thinking which lead to some weird, out of the box works. The lesson is: Math is the REAL Wonder Drug.

Oh, hey, a portal. Let's just step right on into it! Sunny...c'mon. Have a LITTLE self-preservation, I beseech you!

Okay, I guess if you DON'T go through the suspicious portal you have to work here the rest of your life. With the spiders.

That's a interesting angle for Sunny's excited face when she first enters that "last room". The animators are experimenting a little with new angles for this show.

Oh, Sunny found her own Cutie Mark button. I bet she spends the next 5 minutes pushing it over and over again just to see her mark glow. I would.

Great, Sunny's stuck in a Zelda puzzle room. Where's a strategy guide when you need one!?

Okay, getting stuck in the boiler room if you go off the trail seems like a design flaw of this magical whimsical theme park attraction. Why does a magical theme park even NEED a underground maintenance room?

Oh, look! You can see Walt Disney's frozen head right over there!

To be fair, NOT letting your child enter a strange magical vortex is usually a good thing.

Sparky saying "dada" almost makes up for all the fart jokes we've had to endure watching him. Almost.

Oh sure, these magical flowers seem convenient right NOW, but just wait until they ruin the foundation! And you know what they'll have then? A leaky basement. They'll never get it dry after a rainstorm again!

And by touching all three magical gems at the same time they have awakened Lavan the Scorcher from his fell prison! YOU FOOLS!

Unknown to them, that portal actually DID transport them to another universe. Everything's basically the same, but Taco Tuesdays are Taco Thursdays instead.

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
What do you mean? It sent a telepathic warning to Sunny that they were lost. That was absolutely magic right there. Some new Alicorn power?

I guess? But normally this would be Hitch reading his bio and realizing the quality that lets him solve his own problem. Here he completely required outside help.

Maybe the point is that he needs to chill out and just let whatever happens happen sometimes. It feels more like a Dear Princess Celestia than what this season has been doing.

Filly Sunny! I don't know how such tiny legs can support such a large head.

They barely do.

ezgif-6-342e177e11.gif

Oh, hey, a portal. Let's just step right on into it! Sunny...c'mon. Have a LITTLE self-preservation, I beseech you!

Why would you not go through the portal? Don't you trust this place?

Two kinds of people.

wonko the sane?

Citizen
Why do you think the ponies have magic and wings? They don't have survival instincts! Magic had to do something to keep them alive. Sprout used cotter pins on mobile war crime for christs sake!

wonko the sane?

Citizen

Okay, so this team apparently really likes the concept of making them babies. Anyway, fun episode, nice action, and while they did the affirmation again (sunny this time.) it was actually WELL USED and not intrusive. I liked it.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
They do be stylin'! I just keep waiting for the explosion they're all walking away from to start.

"...The critters are stampeding..." To be fair, it is a VERY nice day to stampede. Perfect stampeding weather, really.

They all have sunglasses, too. Either sunglasses are dirt cheap in Equestria or ponies treat them like they're single use and throw them away after they use them once.

*Lion King flashbacks*

Dare you enter...the children's ball pit?! Be warned, no one has cleaned in there since 1982!

My Even Littler Ponies! Yeah, they do like to use the baby models. Got to squeeze every ounce of use out of those rigs they made. They're on a budget! And they really want that "Pony Babies" spin off to happen!

Plus, they can't talk! That saves on voice over budget! Pinch those pennies as hard as you can! Pinch until they form diamonds!

Apparently a LOT of ponies have gone into the children's area. A...slightly concerning amount, really.

That's not the floor being springy, baby Izzy is just naturally bouncy. Try throwing her on the floor, it's fun!

Cotton candy pacifiers. So that you can ruin the teeth you don't have yet/anymore.

Shouldn't Sparky get even younger, due to the spell. Unless the magic makes everyone the same age? How does this work, mechanically?

So...the announcer ponies not only know that this area exists, but have jobs announcing the baby-races? How did the Manes not know about this?

"I don't get paid for this. I just enjoy forcing children to fight each other for my amusement!"

A waterless slip and slide. It's fractures for the whole family!

Heh. One of the stuffies is Pipp. She does know how to get that merch out.

*starts humming the Katamari Damacy theme*

*baby talk affirmation* Okay, if I didn't know better, I'd swear this was commentary about how silly these spells are every episode. At least they're having fun with it.

Would...would they still WANT a golden pacifier after they left the kid's zone? I mean, I guess they could go clubbing, but...

Aww, I kind of feel bad for the crying newscaster pony. Also, a little concerned. There seems to be variable levels of intelligence when you get turned into a baby.

Oh, no Izzy's addicted. I don't know why, she's still pretty bouncy.

Also, they didn't get their hats and glasses back. I guess that's where the racoonicorn army is getting their glasses?

Hitch would have needed a nap after that even if he wasn't a baby.

Last edited:

Videomaster21XX

This is how a unicorn comments
Citizen
They're cute, but yeah. We've seen baby ponies twice now. Do something different.

So this pretty much confirms that the nova charm did most of this itself since Izzy has no idea about this area. So what the heck was the nova charm that it thought of doing this?Why? Why is there a place for foals that turns you into a foal if you go in there? What if the magic glitches and you don't change back coming out? Heck what if it glitches and we end up with an adult baby?

Also We've got them falling into a sea of glitter. This concerns me greatly. They're only babies, they can drown in that. What is keeping them safe in here? The race obsitcle course alone seems dangerous enough to injure a bunch of them.

It WAS funny though to hear Sunny do the chant while a baby.

I have to echo what someone else said. How do the news caster ponies know of this and the manes don't? Also how is that one newscaster getting the screen to see/talk about what is going on in there?

Shouldn't Sparky get even younger, due to the spell. Unless the magic makes everyone the same age? How does this work, mechanically?
Pretty sure it's just: "Everyone in here becomes a baby" So since Sparky already IS a baby. He's not affected. You can't really make babies that much younger. Sparky would become an egg, but the ponies would go back into... that's a very weird thought I don't want to know how it'd work.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Nice view of the whole park. I appreciate that.

The vacation outfits return.

If our heroes own this park, they're rich now, aren't they?

Hitch cannot avoid the critters.

Well well well. There is something that can make Hitch blindly charge through portals.

We paid for these designs and we're gonna use them!

*mute* I can't listen to crying. Why are they even reacting like that? This happens to them every other week.

Izzy appreciates being much lighter.

Babycorn. Unfortunately her Magic meter is also baby sized now.

I haven't recognized any particular background ponies yet.

This the most all-seeing, all-knowing news agency ever. It's getting concerning.

Just plow all the other racers out of the way. Nice.

Turrets? What the heck is this race?

"And just in time for the giant boulder."

Pffffft Okay I liked the introdump this time. The writers are as sick of that mandate as I am, and they are having fun with it now.

*mute*

They lost their hats.

Izzy, you own this park. I think. You can come back any time you want.

Hitch is finally taking a day off.

I'm impressed. This setup should be very tiresome by now, but this managed to be pretty enjoyable.

ZakuConvoy

Citizen
If our heroes own this park, they're rich now, aren't they?
...Don't mind me, I'm just going to COMPLETELY over-analyze this, now.

Here's the thing, for whatever reason, G5 seems a lot less interested in money in general than G4 did. I'm pretty sure G5 has mentioned Bits occasionally, but without someone like Rarity or Applejack around, they really haven't been the focus as much.

We never actually see Izzy ever sell any of her artwork or crafts. Pipp never talks about ad or sponsor revenue. We've never seen Hitch get paid by the local government. Zipp...is a princess and doesn't seem to have a actual job, just her detective hobby, which we've never seen her charge for.

The only one who actually would interact with the local currency on a regular basis is Sunny. And the thing is...I don't think we usually see her take any Bits. She hands people the Smoothies they order...and that's it. I don't remember Sunny ever getting handed a coin in exchange for a smoothie, she just gives them out. There's not usually any currency exchanged now that I think about it. I guess I always assumed we just missed the transaction, but maybe not. Which, makes sense. This is a kid's show. It'd be kind of boring to animated something so mundane. Plus, everyone has cell phones. Maybe they're just paying by phone? The the Bit gone completely digital? Has the Bit transformed into the Bitcoin? But, we never see that much, either.

But, the thing is...this setting has the potential to have the money be more interesting than in ANY MLP show before it. The difference with this show is that these races were apart for a long period of time. So, supposedly, all 3 races should have their own, unique currencies. Each society should have their own money with their own designs. Each society should have their own Mint or Government Agency in charge of printing money and controlling for stuff like inflation. There should be some sort of exchange rate between the 3 currencies, fluctuating with the ebb and flow of each of their economies. But, NOTHING! It's like this children's show has NO INTEREST in cross-cultural monetary policy WHATSOEVER! Outrageous!

So, while the Manes SHOULD probably be getting some money from park goers....I doubt that they are? They created the park, but they don't seem to actually be maintaining or investing in it. And they didn't own the land before. This theme park existed before and supposedly had a owner, the magic just upgraded everything. I mean, they kind of just took over Canter Logic to turn into their television studio (that they used, like, ONCE). So, it's not like they CAN'T own it. Because they can just annex it under Eminent Domain, I guess. They're the Mane Characters, no one can stop them under penalty of rainbow to the face.

But, the park seems to just run on it's own. The food seems to make itself without anyone hiring anyone to make it. The Magic is in charge of the Park, not the Manes. And the Magic Theme Park seems to have no interest in money. I haven't seen anyone give anyone any money. Because there's no one actually working here, it's all working by itself. Maybe it's getting "paid" some other way? Maybe the "happiness" or "friendship" that it's generating just from the customers is powering it's magic?

Whatever it is, I don't think anyone's getting rich here. Except the princesses, maybe. But, we don't even know what the tax situation is in Zephyr Heights. But, that's a WHOLE OTHER post. I mean, the property taxes in Zephyr Heights really should be astronomical, like living in New York City. With the other towns now open, there really should be a mass exodus of ponies looking to buy up cheaper land quick. Especially with magical flight making travel so much easier, and thus making commutes to work if you lived outside of the city much easier. Which would cause all sorts of gentrification problems in a place like Bridlewood. But...

I've taken this too far, haven't I?

Last edited:

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
There is a very simple solution. Remember, this is the timeline where everything went horribly wrong. The bad end.

So everything is a subscription service. That's why we don't see cash every often.

Top Bottom