The Pet thread

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Oh she definitely thinks she found a mark she can exploit. I am convinced the neighborhood critters talk about me.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Cat's personalities vary quite a bit. Some act more like dogs. I am biased, but I would say let her in and see how it goes. If it doesn't work out, at the very least get her fixed. There are groups who will do it for free/low cost.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
My girlfriend's hamster died today in her hand. He had just turned three and had lived a very happy life, even though he had an accident where he got a bit squashed when he was barely into his first year.

She had a mini "wake" for him and a pet funeral worker came to cremate him and return his bones to her.

1687941321749.jpg

RIP, Perry-chan.

Last edited:

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
Last edited:

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Indeed. Breeding for aesthetics really shouldn't be done, especially in extreme cases such as the pugs skull shape or munchkin cats leg length.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So this last week I was relaxing at the in-laws, taking a nap in a outdoor chair I got as a birthday present, when I hear my wife talking on the phone. I wake up groggily ask what she just agreed to. Well, her Bestie's realtor had to give away her indoor bunnies, and the Bestie could only take one of them. So my wife agreed to take the other two. Now she had been talking about getting rabbits, but I always said the same thing that we had indoor cats and enough pets as it was, plus she doesn't have time to take care of them with the kids and all of her other hobbies and duties. So we never got any bunnies. However, without asking me, she agreed to these as:

1. They were free.
2. They came with indoor cages.
3. The kids would love them.

I mention that she should have consulted me first, to which she agreed, but said that she got caught up in the excitement of it.

So now we have two boy bunnies, one all black and one that looks a lot like my departed cat Predaking, with his light brown hair with white accents. The kids named them Moonlight/Midnight and Mr Bunny/ Mr Bunny Brownie.

I will have to get some pics of them.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Update on the bunnies:

Moonlight/Midnight cage is in my kids playroom, and they let him out in there to hop around and get exercise. Well, Saturday, my wife leaves me alone with the kids for like 5 hours, and the youngest two let out Moonlight/Midnight to hop around the playroom without talking to me about it. Then they accidently let him get out of the playroom, which is a big deal since we still have one indoor cat(my wife put her cat from indoor/outdoor to full outdoor). I eventually fin d the bunny cornered in the girls bedroom by the cat. I take the cat out and the bunny runs into the guest bathroom. At that point, I pick him up and hold him gently from underneath and go to put him back in his cage. I am holding him on my right side, and just when we leave the bathroom, that bunny sees the cat in the kitchen next to the hall, and freaks out. IT starts doing that thumper thing while I am holding it, and I managed to get into the playroom before I drop the thing as it has given several 6" bleeding gashes across the side of my tummy. I pick it up form above and shove him into the cage and tell the girls to not open it again without me or their mom around.

So right now I am not a big fan of the bunnies.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Yeah, I was the only causality that day. I had to make a makeshift bandage for it and just rest for the rest of the afternoon.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
And the first day we actually have the opportunity to open the windows and get some fresh air in the house: whiskey pushed out another ******* screen and escaped. Been missing going on five hours now.

Edit: he rolled in around midnight. We had put some of his stuff out on the back deck, litter box, wet food, his pillow, hoping the scent would bring him back. All we had to do was open the screen and drag his idiot ass back into the house. He was just sitting there like a little dog.

Last edited:

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So the bunnies have gotten used to us. even the one that doesn't get played with that much likes getting petted through the bars and safety of his cage.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I got home last night and our indoor cat somehow got outside and was at the backdoor. She was freaking out because of the chickens were out in the yard. I took her a little while to calm down once she got back inside.

Top Bottom