Transformers Collaborative (Transformers X Star Wars: The Mandalorian)

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I own the Darth Vader Tie Fighter from several years back. This one will go nicely with it. I was hoping for some mini figures like we got with the other set though. Oh well.

PrimalxConvoy

NOT a New Member.
Citizen
SW Box.jpg

Release Date: February 2025
Retail Price: $54.99 USD

The iconic N-1 Starfighter from Star Wars: The Mandalorian is now a converting Transformers toy! This 7.5-inch (19 cm) figure converts from character mode to N-1 starfighter alt mode and features series-accurate deco and details from The Mandalorian series. It includes 6 blast effects that attach in both modes, 2 blasters, and a shield and cape that convert to a display stand for the figure in starship mode. Transformers robots have always been -- More Than Meets the Eye -- but now, through the Transformers Collaborative, fans can experience these larger-than-life characters as they team-up, mash-up, and meet up with other characters, teams, and people who share this same special quality.

TRANSFORMERS and HASBRO and all related trademarks and logos are trademarks of Hasbro, Inc.

STAR WARS products are produced by Hasbro under license from Lucasfilm Ltd.

• MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Transformers robots have always been -- More Than Meets the Eye -- and now fans can experience Transformers characters as they mash-up with iconic characters who share this same quality

• TRANSFORMERS COLLABORATIVE STAR WARS: THE MANDALORIAN: Kids can imagine a galaxy of adventure with the Transformers STAR WARS: The Mandalorian N-1 Starfighter converting action figure

• CONVERTS FROM STARSHIP TO ACTION FIGURE: The 7.5-inch (19 cm) figure converts between character mode and N-1 starfighter in 37 steps. Inspired by the N-1 starfighter from the STAR WARS galaxy

• AWESOME ACCESSORIES: Includes 6 blast effects, 2 blasters, shield, and cape

• PLAY AND DISPLAY: The shield and cape convert to a stand to display the figure in N-1 Starfighter mode

SKU. G00985L00

Spaceship.png

Robot 1.png

Robot 2.png

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Some are saying it's another SS86 Blurr retool. If so, it's a darn good one, cuz I can't see the original Blurr anywhere in that figure.

Having gotten out the tape messure and compared sizes, I can say for certainly, its not the Blurr mold and its likely just borrowing ideas from the mold desgin as its pretty much a voyager in scale

I'm passing, I got very little interst in this figure and one has to wonder if this might not just end up sitting on shelves in stores across the US gathering dust as interst in Star Wars has fallen to all time lows due to a bunch of factors including bad management and bad story telling!

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
and one has to wonder if this might not just end up sitting on shelves in stores across the US gathering dust as interst in Star Wars has fallen to all time lows due to a bunch of factors including bad management and bad story telling!
What makes you think this will even make it to store shelves at all? Most of these Collaborative figures are online-only.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
He doesn't fit in at all! He's not terrible!
The old Star Wars Crossovers range from "ok" to "awful," but it's not even like you could say "oh the early ones were bad but they got better as the line went on." No! The line was spitting out pure trash right up until the end! Remember that quadruple changer Vader/Anakin/Republic SD/Imperial SD? What the hug was that?

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
The old Star Wars Crossovers range from "ok" to "awful," but it's not even like you could say "oh the early ones were bad but they got better as the line went on." No! The line was spitting out pure trash right up until the end! Remember that quadruple changer Vader/Anakin/Republic SD/Imperial SD? What the hug was that?
yeah, I actually likes the Death Star Vader, the Grevious wheel bike. and the Magna Guard. Some of the smaller scale ones were pretty good for their size, too.

The Mighty Mollusk

Scream all you like, 'cause we're all mad here
Citizen
Some of the old Star Wars Transformers were decent. They almost always felt like they needed one more pass through engineering, though.

The Marvel Transformers, too, for that matter. Aside from a couple like the Hulk Tank, they were okay to poor. And they really needed more villains. C'mon, a Doctor Doom would've been a perfect fit, and a slight color variant would've made for a good Doombot for troop building.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
That Hulk tank was awesome. I would love to see it come back as a Bulkhead.
As far as the old Star Wars Transformers, I love my Death Star Vader, but the rest were fair to middling at best.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I never saw the jet, but I've seen the Wallop (which got clearanced to 25 at one Target). I saw Ectotron once, but it was the blister packaging. Beyond that, all have been online purchases for me.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Some of the old Star Wars Transformers were decent. They almost always felt like they needed one more pass through engineering, though.

The Marvel Transformers, too, for that matter. Aside from a couple like the Hulk Tank, they were okay to poor.
All because they were made by Hasbro alone, without any assistance from Takara.

Steadfast

Freelancer
Citizen
IMO the Marvel ones benefitted by not being based on specific fictional vehicles.

A lot of Star Wars ships are just trickier. There was also less leeway that, say, actual airplanes get.

But yeah, "mech version of existing character" isn't really what a lot of us wanted. (It worked okay sometimes, but a new character X-Wing-- or even as a new form for Powerglide or Bumblebee or whoever-- probably would've been easier to accept.)

Top Bottom