TRANSFORMERS G1 (JAPAN) (EPS 1-3) FANSUB NOW AVAILABLE

Undead Scottsman

Citizen
Never really thought about it before now, but that OG Unicron voice was kind of unique, wasn't it. (Due to Orson Welles being in poor health and needing his voice to be heavily altered)

Unicron in the Japanese dub just kind of sounds like so many other characters I've heard in anime, but I don't think I've ever heard anything that sounds like Welles' unicron.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Never really thought about it before now, but that OG Unicron voice was kind of unique, wasn't it. (Due to Orson Welles being in poor health and needing his voice to be heavily altered)

Unicron in the Japanese dub just kind of sounds like so many other characters I've heard in anime, but I don't think I've ever heard anything that sounds like Welles' unicron.
Interestingly, it's not the same actor who voiced Unicron previously in the Japanese dub of G1 season 3. That was Toshiro Ishii. In the movie, he was instead voiced by the late Mizuho Suzuki, his only Transformers role ever.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
We got another one. This time it's not an episode or a movie, but rather the Japanese-exclusive promotional VHS that was released to hype up TFTM's release in Japan.

Transformers: The Movie - Apocalypse: Matrix Forever

No need for me to take any notes on this one since it's just a collection of preexisting materials.

Last edited:

Top Bottom