40th Anniversary Haslab: RID2001 Omega Prime

Sciflyer

Two arms and one smile
Citizen
Backed it. I love what they're doing with Super Fire Convoy and do not want to pass up the opportunity to get him. Magnus and Bluebolts will likely remain in the box but good god, will I play with Convoy.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Backed it. I love what they're doing with Super Fire Convoy and do not want to pass up the opportunity to get him. Magnus and Bluebolts will likely remain in the box but good god, will I play with Convoy.

Don't under estimate the power of desire, you might end up actually wanting to play with Magnus as well, Blue bolt, far as I care, will stay in his gun mode, thou I hope someone at least produces some missiles to go into the ports that face forwards, otherwise you are just looking at two large holes

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Due to a postponement of surgery I am seriously wondering if I can swing it. On one hand, I am not thrilled with the 'Tidal Waving' of taking out features (and I am sure there are some missing pieces on Bluebolts in the render, where are the white barrels/missiles on the top block?) but at the same time, I don't have one anymore and even if I did it sounds from everyone else's experience that it would be having some tire and plastic issues by now and this one DOES do all the old modes, plus some. I have sold a lot recently trying to shore things up before it went nuts, and suddenly I have an unexpected breather.

Not sure...luckily for HasLabs I can wait till I hear back my other results before I decide anything since there is a specific timed window, and no risk of a sell-out.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
So this is obviously getting funded. And most likely with all tiers unlocked.
Do you think Hasbro will add a tier or two or additional rewards? Or instead of new tiers, will they just add stuff like they did with Deathsaurus?

Gizmoboy

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I think I'm at about a 90% chance now that I will not be funding this. Not because I don't love it, but because I've decided to pick up the 2 Titans, Nemesis and Tidal wave instead. The only reason I was able to reach this decision is the fact that I do still own the original. He might be a bit yellowed and floppy, but I do still have him. Now if I do my taxes in the next few weeks and come across an unexpected sum of money (Hahaha... refund? What's that?) then I might reconsider. That's why I left it at 90%.

ZacWilliam1

Citizen
Yeah I just went to peak and was stunned to find it over the goal.

-ZacWilliam, expect a Hasbro post about that soon I would think.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
Next target is 13,000 to get the sword and 16,000 for the display stands/Space bridge, I expect those to be done within a few days, likely less than 10 as it took about 10 days to get the first 10,000

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
And funded. After a mere 10 days.
I wish we could say that "10,000 in 10 days" means there was an average of 1,000 per day, but it was more like 200-300 per day after the first reached about 4,800, plus a couple of significant bumps on Monday and Wednesday boosting it up. We'll see if the first tier can be reached three days from now or not.

Superomegaprime

Wondering bot
Citizen
I wish we could say that "10,000 in 10 days" means there was an average of 1,000 per day, but it was more like 200-300 per day after the first reached about 4,800, plus a couple of significant bumps on Monday and Wednesday boosting it up. We'll see if the first tier can be reached three days from now or not.

So you think in maybe less than a week we might have all tiers unlocked?

Platypus Prime

Citizen
Hard to believe I made this almost 20 years ago. I still have it, the base was some EVA figure I got at my first anime con. Sculpy hardened in an oven over time to avoid melting the rubbery plastic, no reprolabels so I printed a symbol and used glue coating to stick it on...heck, MS Paint was used to make this picture.

Yeah, this was stone age...

53519895674_67646b5e82_o.jpg

Platypus Prime

Citizen
That would have been useful! I didn't even have the screenshots when I made it, those popped up on the internet later. I did it from memory from videos my friend recorded and brought with him for us to see, and I got a lot of details wrong!

I don't even see this listed on TFWiki, what is it...?

I do hope they might make an accessory pack of some sort with a mini-figure of her, like they did with the small ships from the Behold Galvatron Unicron accessory pack.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
I don't even see this listed on TFWiki, what is it...?
It's a garage kit that was made by Yuki Ohshima and Hayato Sakamoto in limited quantities that they sold at BotCon Japan 2000. It's not on the wiki (yet) because it was only recently found out about. It was also a "single-day copyrighted toy", meaning it was only considered official Takara product for just the one day of the convention.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I'm not familiar with the show so it wouldn't mean much to me if we don't get the sword, but at this point I'm pretty confident we're getting it.

Top Bottom