Anti-Semitism

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Richards claimed to be Jewish to try to get a pass for his antisemitic outburst, but he is not Jewish. He was raised Catholic, has no Jewish ancestors, and never converted. Like Whoopi Goldberg, he "feels" Jewish, because he is a thief and an appropriator. A lot of people think of him as Jewish because he plays into the media stereotype of the neurotic, weird New York Jew, on a show that was all about that.

Actual Jewish people can be antisemitic. Bobby Fischer is a good example, as are Gilad Atzmon, Ron Unz, and Karl Marx. Similarly, black people can be racist (Diamond & Silk) or gays can be homophobic (Roy Cohn). Some of it is from having been raised with no connection to the community and feeling the very concept of Jewish community needing protection from violence and falsehoods to be unnecessary; some of it is weird role-playing self-abnegation; some is mental illness and attention-seeking.

diamondgirl

Citizen
Michael Landon was Jewish, but he created "Little House on the Prairie" where he played the head of a Christian household.

In the show he sings songs like "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so. "

Isn't this inconsistent with his beliefs.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
I played Theseus in a high school play.

I'm ashamed to say I'm not Greek, not a King, nor have I slain a Minotaur.

This is absolutely sickening.
There's still time. Don't give up. William the Conqueror wasn't British until he took the throne and I've been running some experiments that might help with the whole Minotaur slaying bit. DARPA rejected my grant request though, so I need more cash.

diamondgirl

Citizen
Ben Shapiro seems like the most prominent leader against anti-Semitism. He's a champion for the Jewish people today. Ben knows the Bible backward and forward. He's the one who had that Catholic Priest on his radio show to promote his Bible-in-a-Year podcast. So in a way Shapiro turned me on to Catholicism.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Ben Shapiro seems like the most prominent leader against anti-Semitism. He's a champion for the Jewish people today. Ben knows the Bible backward and forward. He's the one who had that Catholic Priest on his radio show to promote his Bible-in-a-Year podcast. So in a way Shapiro turned me on to Catholicism.

You should watch this:

Thylacine 2000

Citizen
Shapiro is awful and Johnston is not much better.

If someone is looking for an actual thinker on Jewish issues and antisemitism - someone educated and dignified, spiritual, and with a good communication style - here are some top-notch candidates:

diamondgirl

Citizen
Wayne Dyer said:

Religion is orthodoxy, rules and historical scriptures maintained by people over long periods of time. Generally, people are raised to obey the customs and practices of that religion without question.

LordGigaIce

Another babka?
Citizen
Wayne Dyer said:

Religion is orthodoxy, rules and historical scriptures maintained by people over long periods of time. Generally, people are raised to obey the customs and practices of that religion without question.
Welcome to everything about human culture and identity ever.

Top Bottom