Harris-Walz / Dems

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Ominous, yes, but it hasn't passed yet. There's still time for them to remove those riders.

Paladin

Citizen

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
No, voting Democrat is what's supposed to save us. Try to remember: the alternative is F***ING FASCISM!
This. *******, just... this. Remember: if biden drops dead midterm: we get president harris. If trump is elected: nothing will save us.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
We're going to need his minders to step the **** up and do their goddamn jobs. This kind of shit is just not okay.

Not that Trump is coherent at all, but he's measured on a different scale then Biden. Regardless, in 4 years both parties better have someone who can string together a ******* coherent sentence.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I also trust that he'd be willing to declare himself no longer fit for office and hand things over to Harris.
OK, I am now retracting this statement. I do, however, trust the Democrats in Congress to start working on a plan to invoke the 25th amendment at their earliest convenience. And I trust the Republicans to vote alongside them, even though it'll mean getting President Kamala Harris, for two reasons: (1) To them, nothing would be more embarrassing to the Democrats than to have their President be the first one in history to actually get forcibly removed from office, even in favor of a more competent Democrat; and (2) It would also be pretty embarrassing for the first female President to get in on a technicality.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It's not giving up. It's just that a lot of those ads need to be rewritten now.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
I didn't even realize Biden was already running ads. I'm in Ohio and I haven't seen them. Only for Sharrod Brown and Bernie Moreno.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I’ve seen several Biden ads on YouTube. Again, I think that goes back to demographic targeting: older individuals are more apt to be watching “normal” TV channels in a traditional OTA/OTC fashion. Most younger potential voters are probably on YouTube and Facebook, so that’s where the ads are being targeted.
Plus, running Biden ads via internet services should, potentially, open up more space for local candidates to get attention in their districts.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
YouTube must only show those to people who watch a lot of news clips. I only get ones for cars, insurance, video games, colleges, and tech products designed to help train the AI that will replace their users in a few years.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Anyway, at least the media will shut up about Biden needing to drop out of the race for a while. Hopefully for good.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I'm kinda looking forward to them whining about biden dropping out again. At least then we know the worst of the fallout from this will have blown over.

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
One person Axios spoke to said that.

• But the second senior House Democrat offered one reason for why it might: "We've all resigned ourselves to a second Trump presidency."

Top Bottom