Harris-Walz / Dems

Axaday

Citizen
As the VP candidate on a ticket that no longer exists. If she had a campaign event tonight her message would be very difficult to sell. They need to get her on the headline events that Biden would have done and not the shoring up events that she was scheduled for. She needs to be on stage very soon and be able to legitimately say she is the Democratic candidate for the Presidency.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
It's Sunday and she has already filed the paperwork with the FEC, the first step of officially taking the mantle.

Paladin

Citizen
thanks to the Supreme Court Biden could technically do ANYTHING HE WANTS between now & January and as long as he called it an "official act" he'd face no consequences...

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
I pretty much said back in 2020 that if the Democrats put out a younger, dynamic, white male, they‘d sail into the White House. And I stand by that assertion now. As much as I think Harris would be a fantastic President, I think she’s an “easy target” for right wing media. An educated, assertive woman of color seems to scare people, particularly conservatives. I know, living in Oklahoma, the perception is that she is a “bitch” because she doesn’t coddle or sugar coat her views.
Then again, living in Oklahoma, I know full well that these fuckers are going to vote for Trump regardless of what he does or who Democrats put forward, so, take that as you will…

I’ll probably put some version of this on Facebook, but, the election still comes down to this:
Vote for Trump and his Republican sycophants who are working to turn the United States into a redneck version of the corrupt, oligarch-driven Russia. Including gutting every progressive policy, social safety net, or social programs (including NOAA) of the last 60 years.
Or
Not.

Pocket

jumbled pile of person
Citizen
Yeah I mean, I'd vote for a literal pile of manure over Trump. I'd vote for a meteor annihilating all life on earth over Trump.

But I'm not the one you have to convince.

We are, after all, a nation of morons. If we weren't, you wouldn't have to convince anyone in the first place.

DefaultOption

Sourball
Citizen
Yeah, there's no way former Democrat Joe Manchin could get any traction. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a few gazillionaire donors who are pushing his name because they like him though, because he definitely sings the economic verses from the 1993 Republican hymnal.

M. Virion

If Hell is forever, then Heaven must be a lie
Citizen
I just want a video of Manchin getting thrown out of the DNC like this:

fresh-prince.gif

Corvus

Citizen
thanks to the Supreme Court Biden could technically do ANYTHING HE WANTS between now & January and as long as he called it an "official act" he'd face no consequences...

No, he couldn't, and I'm sick of this particular talking-point.

Biden surrounded himself with decent people who wouldn't follow unlawful orders. Immunity does not equal authority.

And even if he did, the GOP would argue it doesn't apply to Biden, and the SCOTUS would agree.

Axaday

Citizen
GOP is going to smear her, but the smear you do NOT want is that the Democratic Party just ignored their primary and picked who they wanted. The people who voted for Biden in the primary WERE voting for Kamala.

And there it is.

“Having invalidated the votes of more than 14 million Americans who selected Joe Biden to be the Democrat nominee for president, the self-proclaimed ‘party of democracy’ has proven exactly the opposite,” Johnson said.

See? If all of those people voted for you, you HAVE to do it. Or you're a crook or liar. But he also said in the same speech that Joe Biden should resign and that is confusing, because a whole lot more than 14 million Americans selected him for THIS term. He HAS to stay. Right? Or...see, I'm confused, Mike.

I'm not even going to make a passing reference to what Mike's party did about the votes of millions of Americans 4 years ago. It would be beneath me.

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
It wouldn't be beneath me.

Your party tried to send fake electors to invalidate the votes of millions of Americans, Mike. Suck a whale dick, you hypocritical treasonous weirdo.

Last edited:

KidTDragon

Now with hi-res avatar!
Citizen
Well, yeah, obviously. I was merely playing on the colloquial insult of advising someone to fellate a random phallus as a means of dismissing them, qualifying that the phallus should belong one of the largest members of the animal kingdom in order to emphasize the degree of my annoyance at his statement. I didn't mean it literally.

But can you imagine the alarms his son's phone would get if he did it?

Axaday

Citizen
The weird thing about it is, if Joe Biden did resign this week and Kamala was sworn in as the 47th President of the United States this week, I think it would really help her win the election. She'd already BE the first female President and there is bound to be some way she could distinguish herself in the coming months and put down some people's wondering if she was ready to do the job. But probably Mike Johnson only cares about the House of Representatives and I'm not sure it would help the down ballot.

Axaday

Citizen
My gut this morning is that Harris can beat Trump. That there is more hope than there was last week. Joe may have saved us from Trump again, even in a weakened state.

If it comes to light that he has dementia and has known about it for a year and Harris loses the election to Trump, that's gonna be the one thing that our grandchildren know about Joe Biden.

wonko the sane?

You may test that assumption at your convinience.
Citizen
I'm wondering if this wasn't planned on some level: let the republicans announce the team they think that can beat joe biden... then just negate that entirely.

edit: regardless... I have to have a little faith that the DNC understands the context as well as we do, and TRIED to make a choice that would help them win. I don't know they are that competent, but here we are anyway.

Patch

Citizen
As the VP candidate on a ticket that no longer exists. If she had a campaign event tonight her message would be very difficult to sell. They need to get her on the headline events that Biden would have done and not the shoring up events that she was scheduled for. She needs to be on stage very soon and be able to legitimately say she is the Democratic candidate for the Presidency.
As a bonus, she can also get on the headline events that Biden wouldn't have done.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
At first, I thought that this is a bad call. However, after a few days, I am curious to see how it goes. Its way too late to get the people to decide on the nominee, so Harris might just get the nod. I mean seriously, we got 6 legit choices:

Harris, Sanders, AOC, Warren, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg.

Honestly, Harris is the best pick of the bunch right now.

I'm just so incredibly disappointed in party "leadership" right now. Biden has been the best President of my lifetime, but because the megadonors freaked out after he had one bad debate and the polling in July was a little shaky* there was a month-long whisper campaign within his own party to push him out.

The cost of getting the nomination in 2020, remember his collusion on the weekend before Super Tuesday was the only way he got it over Bernie Sanders. Now it's his turn to step aside again like they made do in 2016.

Last edited:

Axaday

Citizen
At first, I thought that this is a bad call. However, after a few days, I am curious to see how it goes. Its way too late to get the people to decide on the nominee, so Harris might just get the nod. I mean seriously, we got 6 legit choices:

Harris, Sanders, AOC, Warren, Klobuchar, and Buttigieg.

Honestly, Harris is the best pick of the bunch right now.

The cost of getting the nomination in 2020, remember his collusion on the weekend before Super Tuesday was the only way he got it over Bernie Sanders. Now it's his turn to step aside again like they made do in 2016.
Gavin Newsome is as legit as 5 of those. But none of them are legit like Harris. All the people who voted for Biden in the primary knew that they were most likely voting for Harris as VP. There just isn't any honest or honorable way to bypass the person who job is to step in if the President cannot serve.

Top Bottom