Biden-Harris / Dems

Anonymous X

Citizen
If America had a political system like ours (parliamentary), the Democratic Party would be scrabbling quickly for a new lead candidate, I imagine.

Paladin

Citizen
If America had a political system like ours (parliamentary), the Democratic Party would be scrabbling quickly for a new lead candidate, I imagine.

The fact that people are pushing Biden to drop out because he's old & yet no one seems to be pushing Donald to drop out because he was found guilty on 34 counts should tell you all you need to know about the American political system.

Anonymous X

Citizen
The fact that people are pushing Biden to drop out because he's old & yet no one seems to be pushing Donald to drop out because he was found guilty on 34 counts should tell you all you need to know about the American political system.
Ideally Trump would be banged up on several life sentences for trying to overthrow the government, and illegible for running for office again.

NovaSaber

Citizen
Trump is the one who literally didn't give any intelligent answers to any questions during the debate, though.

Biden's worst bits were him getting flustered by Trump's BS...and the stutter he's literally always had.

heather-cox-richardson.png

Axaday

Citizen
I didn't watch the debate. I knew it would be terrible TV. But I was surprised the next day what the narrative wound up being.

Yeah, I have been concerned for a while that Biden really does look and sound old. He definitely turned a corner on that during this term. But his statement the next day does make me thoughtful. Moving and speaking slowly are physical things that do not necessarily indicate a parallel decline in his mind. We like the President of the United States to be a great public speaker, but it isn't absolutely necessary. And anyway, he does have the ability to get himself energize for a speech like the State of the Union. We don't actually need the President to make snap decisions. He has advisors and honestly? If Biden started to decline to dementia in a second term, I trust the people that would be helping him make decisions a lot better more than I trust Donald Trump with all his faculties. All Donald Trump's faculties might be the worse case scenario.

G.B.Blackrock

Citizen
I also trust that he'd be willing to declare himself no longer fit for office and hand things over to Harris.
And, to be fair, if Biden handed things over to Harris now (i.e., before the election), I'd actually trust his facilities even less than I do at present.

To be sure, I think Harris would be a fine president (and indisputably better than Trump), but I think her chances of winning an election are still less than Biden's.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
Flashy will always beat
And, to be fair, if Biden handed things over to Harris now (i.e., before the election), I'd actually trust his facilities even less than I do at present.

To be sure, I think Harris would be a fine president (and indisputably better than Trump), but I think her chances of winning an election are still less than Biden's.
At this point I'm convinced we're not getting a female president in my lifetime. Women just hate other women that much.

Rhinox

too old for this
Citizen
I wish I could disagree....
That was the greatest lesson I learned working at the women's prison. Men will get along just enough to come together to accomplish a mutual goal. Women will absolutely cut their own noses off if it means the one they hate gets called ugly too.

Axaday

Citizen
I guess they are trying to trap her and she doesn't want to get stuck in a trap, but a reporter asked Kamala Harris if she was ready to be President and her answers were very canned "Joe Biden is our nominee" and "I am proud to be Joe's running mate".

I feel like she could say a lot more, but I think people would at least try to spin it as her seizing a moment and being over-ambitious. Wording and delivery would have to be very careful, I guess. But the points to cover are "I ran for President in 2020 and I was serious about it. I believe that I was prepared to be President of the United States then and I reaffirmed that when I agreed to be Joe's running mate that year and this year. I am proud to be working with Joe Biden and I support him. He's our nominee. But, yes, it is the responsibility of the Vice President of the United States to be ready to be President. That is my job and I am prepared."

Top Bottom