Caldwin's latest obsession (subject to change)

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Sometimes you never know. Not that I'm saying you're dumb or anything. But I've been on both ends of someone just assuming someone knows a franchise and then there's that awkward moment. Of course I guess now if you don't assume someone knows a franchise you still get that awkward moment.

So....umm....awkward!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
is that the tomb raider game that came with the bs note from the 'developers' ?
Oh, those photos way up there I posted months ago and forgot about even though they're on the same page as the SF pics.

*sigh*

Yes, it was the Tomb Raider HD Remasters that came with the bs note. Though thankfully, as BS as it was, at least it only appears the first time you boot it up.

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
oh, okay that's good at least. If I had to see that every time I don't think I'd buy the game. might see if I can track down a ps4 copy

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Crystal Dynamics were so ashamed of Lara Crofts past that they made Aspyr put a disclaimer in the Tomb Raider I-II-III Remasters that basically said they don't agree with the depictions of certain people and Lara's despicable actions throughout the game and as much as they think Core design should be ashamed of themselves for such horrid things that were put in these games, they decided (like they had a choice in the matter since this was Aspyr's projecy) that they would keep the games as they were for the sake of history.

Paraphrased obviously, but thankfully it's only shown once the first time you play it.

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Crystal Dynamics were so ashamed of Lara Crofts past that they made Aspyr put a disclaimer in the Tomb Raider I-II-III Remasters that basically said they don't agree with the depictions of certain people and Lara's despicable actions throughout the game and as much as they think Core design should be ashamed of themselves for such horrid things that were put in these games, they decided (like they had a choice in the matter since this was Aspyr's projecy) that they would keep the games as they were for the sake of history.

Paraphrased obviously, but thankfully it's only shown once the first time you play it.
Gotcha, thanks. Never played/watched the old games, so I wouldn't know. Still, usually they keep it at "all chars/events are fictional and do not represent actual things or our company's thoughts/policies" or whatever.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
I mean, I was paraphrasing, but they were being asshats particularly throwing Core under the bus while trying to claim moral high ground. You know what? I'll go ahead and post this, but let's see if I can find it on Google.

Edit:
IMG_2596.jpeg

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
yeah... please for the love of all that is holy, don't base your entire personality and world view on this remake of games from 4 console generations ago... we don't really think very highly of our paying customers' levels of intelligence and we certainly don't think you'd be able to come to this conclusion on your own, so we've put this disclaimer here to let you know how superior we are to those dirty core developers while we get payed for their work. their shameful, shameful work... thank you for the money... shame shame

MEDdMI

Nonstop Baaka
Citizen
Yeah, they should've gone with a more generic statement. They do sound full of themselves, lol.

Makes me think of the God of War games. Like if they put a disclaimer on the old remastered games saying they were made while young and horny, but pls check out the newer GoW, we matured!

CoffeeHorse

Exhausted, but still standing.
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I just read stuff like that and feel better about my life. Whoever wrote that disclaimer is experiencing a level of joylessness beyond my imagination. The poor soul.

Top Bottom