Castlevania

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
So just a thought. After the Contra Collection came out, Konami made a whole new Contra game (Operation Galuga). I'm not sure how well the game did in sales. I don't have those numbers. But the point is they tried.

Meanwhile Castlevania has had 3 collections (not including the play station exclusive Requiem Collection) along with 2 Netflix series and some collaborations with Dead by Daylight and Deadcells.

What are the chances that Konami may actually release a brand new Castlevania sometime soon, like in the next year or so? And if they did, what would you want it to be: corridorvania, metroidvania, 3D vania?

I'd love another really dark and moody metroidvania. But at this point I'd take just about anything.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So just a thought. After the Contra Collection came out, Konami made a whole new Contra game (Operation Galuga). I'm not sure how well the game did in sales. I don't have those numbers. But the point is they tried.

Meanwhile Castlevania has had 3 collections (not including the play station exclusive Requiem Collection) along with 2 Netflix series and some collaborations with Dead by Daylight and Deadcells.

What are the chances that Konami may actually release a brand new Castlevania sometime soon, like in the next year or so? And if they did, what would you want it to be: corridorvania, metroidvania, 3D vania?

I'd love another really dark and moody metroidvania. But at this point I'd take just about anything.
Could happen.

Mandy I'd be fine with either of the first two.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
So I have some things to do before I get home. So I'll likely be late. But I'll try to be there for the stream.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I have some things to do before I get home. So I'll likely be late. But I'll try to be there for the stream.
Thanks, but unfortunately, we weren't able to do it (as you may have surmised ).

We thought we had things figured out. We were wrong. No stream tonight, probably not tomorrow, either. Don't know when we'll resume.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
So this probably sounds kinda silly, but since starting the Dominus Collection, I've been comparing save files with the DS originals to see which is better. Never mind the fact that simply playing on a larger screen that doesn't give me a headache automatically makes the Collection better.

Anyway, on my days off, I finally got my Dominis Collection saves for Dawn and Order to be definitively better. Dawn has all souls collected (minus the two boss souls I used to upgrade weapons), higher leveled Soma and more gold. Order has all glyphs (minus one I missed on Albus, higher leveled Shanoa, more gold and completed Albus mode.

I still have some level grinding to do on Portrait. Not sure where there's a particularly good grinding place.

Still, I guess that means I can put my DS to rest.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
Okay, so tell me how stupid this sounds. Last night I was listening to YouTube while browsing the PSN store. For some reason I was looking at the Dominus collection when I dozed off (mostly due to whatever boring ass thing I was watching on YouTube.

So when I wake up, I accidentally hit the purchase button. I immediately try to back out of the confirmation, except my tired, half-awake ass was thinking with the Switch button configuration and I confirmed the purchase instead. So 3 days after finishing absolutely everything I wanted to finish on the Switch version of this collection, I now have the PS5 version.

Never doze off while browsing the digital store!

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I decided to play a little bit of Dawn since it was bought and I might as well. But now I think I'm just done. It feels stupid playing through these on PS5 when I just finished them on Switch. I'm just going to have to call that $20 gone for nothing. Maybe I'll come back to it later. But right now I'm just done.

Still having fun with the fact that I actually own Castlevania IV physically on SNES now. There's just something about playing it on CRT.

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
That's all well and good. And I'm really happy that they're doing more with the franchise than the pachinko machines that they were doing for years.

But I'm still waiting for a new true mainline game.

Top Bottom