Castlevania

Caldwin

Just plain batty!
Citizen
I just reached level 99 (max level) in Dawn. That was a lot of trips through the abyss.

I suppose I could grind levels in Portrait and Order. But I have a lot further to go with those and I don't really know any good grinding poi ts for those.

Blot

Citizen
I only reached Level 85 in my quest to get every Soul that could level up to max level in Dawn. Might as well take Soma the rest of the way.

The fastest leveling spot in Portrait is the two minotaur room near the warp point in the Dark Academy.

Steevy Maximus

Well known pompous pontificator
Citizen
So just a thought. After the Contra Collection came out, Konami made a whole new Contra game (Operation Galuga). I'm not sure how well the game did in sales. I don't have those numbers. But the point is they tried.

Meanwhile Castlevania has had 3 collections (not including the play station exclusive Requiem Collection) along with 2 Netflix series and some collaborations with Dead by Daylight and Deadcells.

What are the chances that Konami may actually release a brand new Castlevania sometime soon, like in the next year or so? And if they did, what would you want it to be: corridorvania, metroidvania, 3D vania?

I'd love another really dark and moody metroidvania. But at this point I'd take just about anything.
Kind of a late response but…
In fairness, Konami largely gutted their development teams (or allowed them to wither) since Kojima left. Just about everything they’ve done the past few years since actually bothering to make games again has been outsourced, barring their Soccer/Football dev team.
That new Contra game was made by WayForward (after Rogue Corps disasterous reception)
European horror team Bloober made Silent Hill 2 Remake
TMNT was done by Digital Eclipse.

While they’ve slowly rebuilt teams, most of the work has been in smaller titles and porting collections. Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake is the biggest Internally developed game Konami has made in at least a decade.

I would LOVE to see a remake of Simon’s Quest (the proto-Metroidvania), and I think someone like Mercury Steam (who’ve done the last couple of Metroid titles) would be a good fit.

Top Bottom