Deadpool 3!!

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Saw an interview where he said that there won't be a Deadpool 4. So I guess if we do see him again, it will be in the MCU.

As awesome as the movie is, and as much money as it's already earned, Ryan and company was having to fight Bob Igor every step of the way. Like even now there's talk about them butting heads on what should make it into thefreaking DIRECTOR'S cut. You know, director's cut? The cut of the film that adds things the director wanted but couldn't get into the theatrical cut so they put in in the director's cut? They're having to fight for that!

As much as this may be a passion project for Ryan in particular, I really couldn't blame him if he didn't want to touch it again.

Don't get me wrong, I love this movie. I love it so much it was the one movie this summer that could get my butt in the theater. I can't wait until I can see the extended cut on Bluray.

But I love it for Ryan Reynolds and his team. Bob and his whole company can sit and spin.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Who said anything about fans?

I'm talking about Disney stockholders who want to make a quick buck any way they can.

Shadewing

Citizen
So Autistic mind go brr and keeps me from sleeping. Fan Theory time.

Deadpool isn't the first person Paradox tried to recruit. Not even second. Likely the very last choice. Why? Because Blade and Elektra have similar stories. Knock on door, TVA, then pruning. Almost same as Deadpool. I feel like Paradox was trying to recruit morally gray heroes to try to help him. Blade, Elektra, Punisher, Daredevil, X23, even Chris Evans' Human Torch are all within some level of Morally gray. Why do none of them mention Paradox? They never met him. They seem armed troopers at the door and likely fought back before being pruned. The whole "won't go peacefully" line. This is why Deadpool is basically kidnapped. Same events, and when it gets to looking like a fight, they just open a door behind him and yank him through.

Laura/X23 is older because Paradox waited for her to be older and more experienced before trying to bring her in. This is the same time period that Deadpool goes to at the start of the movie. Since it's obviously not 2024 as Wolverine wouldn't be dead yet, not 2029 because the corpse is too decayed. So it has to be several years past 2029, likely 2035 six years after Logan's death due to the RL passage of time.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
Well, the shareholders haven't convinced Disney to release the original cuts of Star Wars outside of poor quality laserdisc rips either, despite the fact that the potential sales would probably greatly outweigh the expenses of remastering said original cuts, given how rabid OT Star Wars fans can be.

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
Well, the shareholders haven't convinced Disney to release the original cuts of Star Wars outside of poor quality laserdisc rips either, despite the fact that the potential sales would probably greatly outweigh the expenses of remastering said original cuts, given how rabid OT Star Wars fans can be.

I mean, they've been 99% remastered already; just those remaining bits to clean up and stick in where the offending (and offensive) new footage is found.

I wouldn't be surprised if the job is actually done and they're just being held in reserve, in some kind of comically large "Break glass in case of emergency" box in the CEO's office.

Last edited:

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Fans can't even get the original cut of Star Wars re-released in a proper format. Doubt Deadpool fans will have better luck.
I remember getting excited about once a year when the rumors would pop up about THE Trilogy getting an unaltered DVD / Blu-Ray release....we know where that has led.

*SPOILERS BELOW* NO, I wont use the tags. Dont come in here knowing the movie is being discussed and expect to NOT see things about the movie.

Just got home from seeing the movie. I really enjoyed it. I get the merc with the mouth, but it seemed a little over the top with some of the add in lines and what not. It was funny, but it kinda ran old. There was one funny line about not telling Blake or going to have to ask Blake about it. Love DP/W vs The Legion. That was just fantastic.

And just to make sure I followed, he used Cables time machine to bring him and his friends to whatever Earth the MCU takes place in?

Ungnome

Citizen
Not sure about Cables time machine. Deadpool 2 seemed to indicate it couldn't really jump realities, only move forward/back in the current timeline(granted a couple of scenes a the end seemed to indicate otherwise, especially him killing Ryan Reynolds to prevent Green Lantern from being made). Probably just best to invoke the MST3K mantra in this case.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I remember getting excited about once a year when the rumors would pop up about THE Trilogy getting an unaltered DVD / Blu-Ray release....we know where that has led.

*SPOILERS BELOW* NO, I wont use the tags. Dont come in here knowing the movie is being discussed and expect to NOT see things about the movie.

Just got home from seeing the movie. I really enjoyed it. I get the merc with the mouth, but it seemed a little over the top with some of the add in lines and what not. It was funny, but it kinda ran old. There was one funny line about not telling Blake or going to have to ask Blake about it. Love DP/W vs The Legion. That was just fantastic.

And just to make sure I followed, he used Cables time machine to bring him and his friends to whatever Earth the MCU takes place in?
It's deadpool. His fourth wall breaking powers probably allowed him to use it to jump realities.

Ungnome

Citizen
I thought he'd stolen/acquired one of the TVA's little tablet thigs that open the portals they use.
That was later. He didn't acquire a Tempad until after he met Paradox, he went to Earth-616 before that

Darth_Prime

Citizen
Also…I watched the movie again today…somebody was streaming it on TikTok. The fight scene with the title characters vs the variants while Like A Prayer plays rivals the church scene from The Kingman and Freebird. #changemymind

TM2-Megatron

Citizen
That was later. He didn't acquire a Tempad until after he met Paradox, he went to Earth-616 before that

Ah, right, I forgot the meeting.

To be honest, I wasn't sure at first if that was Earth-616 or Disney Corporate Headquarters on our world, lol.

Shadewing

Citizen
While I'm not overly fond of that scene, it gives Jon a scene in this movie, since he was previously Foggy Nelson in Daredevil and is thus another Fox era actor; and does set up the idea that Chris Evans would be Captain America, with his prototype shield so promentantly in the background of that scene that it almost feels like a chekov's gun.

Top Bottom