Deadpool 3!!

Gridlock

Citizen
11/10. Everything I could ever want from a Deadpool/Wolverine movie. Awesome creative fights, lots of great banter, good humor. Haven't watch any trailers or tv spots since the first one, and I'm glad I didn't. It was so much fun, being surprised every other scene.

I totally thought that's Evans is gonna be Captain America variant. And then... FLAME ON. Amazing.

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I don't care. I missed having this much stupid fun while watching a movie.

My only dissapointment was

nobody laughed when Blade said "Some ************'s are always trying to ice skate uphill". Not even friends I went with. :( I felt like I'm the only one in my screening who caught that. Come on guys. :T

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
11/10. Everything I could ever want from a Deadpool/Wolverine movie. Awesome creative fights, lots of great banter, good humor. Haven't watch any trailers or tv spots since the first one, and I'm glad I didn't. It was so much fun, being surprised every other scene.

I totally thought that's Evans is gonna be Captain America variant. And then... FLAME ON. Amazing.

Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I don't care. I missed having this much stupid fun while watching a movie.

nobody laughed when Blade said "Some ************'s are always trying to ice skate uphill". Not even friends I went with. :( I felt like I'm the only one in my screening who caught that. Come on guys. :T

I laughed! I remember being totally flummoxed by that line the first time I saw Blade back in the long long ago, and my friends and I all remarked on how out-of-left-field it was, so I caught the reference.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I took my Brother to see this for his birthday, and we both enjoyed it.

I loved all of the music in this. Best use of Iris ever.

My two complaints

1. You don't really get a sense of why he is the worst Wolverine, just a story of him talking to X23 about the death of the X-Men and his rampage following it.

2. I also wasn't a fan of the villain with her powers. Like she can regenerate, has telekinesis, and has telepathy.

Ungnome

Grand Empress of the Empire of One Square Foot.
Citizen
As far as her regeneration goes, she was stillborn and essentially regenerated from a dead fetus, so I'll give that a pass

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen

Absolute BEST part for me! I'm glad I didn't get spoiled beforehand.

Yeeeah, I didn't get this part either. Had to see an Easter egg video to have it explained

I was super giddy while watching and getting the references, my friend had to tell me to quiet down, haha

Oh, the villain's mental power use depiction was stuff of casual nightmares. Geez!

Destron D-69

at Journey's end
Citizen
She's an interesting pull as a villain and I'm happy they used her here... with X-men film's historically not venturing too far beyond the Phoenix era stories... we'd likely never get her in the newest new timeline.

some of the cgi looked bad - so I can't give it a 10/10, and it wasn't as heartfelt as that last trailer lead me to think it was going to be... so a solid 8/10 ... but still far and away the best thing Marvel's done since they killed off all their Anchor beings ;)

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
So I took my Brother to see this for his birthday, and we both enjoyed it.

I loved all of the music in this. Best use of Iris ever.

My two complaints

1. You don't really get a sense of why he is the worst Wolverine, just a story of him talking to X23 about the death of the X-Men and his rampage following it.

2. I also wasn't a fan of the villain with her powers. Like she can regenerate, has telekinesis, and has telepathy.

I kind of agree about the "worst Wolverine" thing. From my understanding, he was out drinking when the X-Men were attacked, leading to them all being killed, which I can see him blaming himself for even if that wouldn't really be a "worst possible version of the character" moment.

But then afterwords, he went on a killing spree, murdering not only the humans responsible for killing the X-Men, but also some innocent humans as well, turning humanity fully against mutants? That part I could see making him a contender for worst variant, but then I have to wonder why he was out and about, just drinking at a bar. It seemed that everyone knew who he was, so why was he still walking around free? Maybe he was on the run and trying to remain incognito? Little confused about that part.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I kind of agree about the "worst Wolverine" thing. From my understanding, he was out drinking when the X-Men were attacked, leading to them all being killed, which I can see him blaming himself for even if that wouldn't really be a "worst possible version of the character" moment.

But then afterwords, he went on a killing spree, murdering not only the humans responsible for killing the X-Men, but also some innocent humans as well, turning humanity fully against mutants? That part I could see making him a contender for worst variant, but then I have to wonder why he was out and about, just drinking at a bar. It seemed that everyone knew who he was, so why was he still walking around free? Maybe he was on the run and trying to remain incognito? Little confused about that part.

It was a bit vague on his rampage following their deaths.

On why he is walking around free, my guess is that there's not much that they can really do to Logan without another powerful being to fight him. So they kind of just shun him.

Donocropolis

Olde-Timey Member
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
It was a bit vague on his rampage following their deaths.

On why he is walking around free, my guess is that there's not much that they can really do to Logan without another powerful being to fight him. So they kind of just shun him.

But he's not THAT strong, like Superman or Hulk or something. He could be restrained in such a way that he couldn't claw his way out. Hell, they kept Magneto locked away for a while, and he's a lot more difficult to hold than Wolverine. But, I guess this movie kind of operates under MST3K rules, which I honestly am completely fine with as I really did enjoy it.

Deathy G1

Citizen
Saw it tonight. What a great send off to the Fox Marvel Universe!
I didn’t expect Wolverine’s mask. It looked better than I expected.

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Oh, same! I don't recall seeing it anywhere so when it happened, it pretty cool, hehe

Btw, in Deadpool 2, was Pete already named as Pete Wisdom? As in, agent Peter Wisdom from Exaclibur, supposedly dated Shadowcat?

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
IMG_2602.jpeg

Just saw it. My bladder was screaming by the end, but I saw it. Most of what I heard was dead on.

The plot was paper thin and what little plot there was was a blatant excuse for obvious fan wank stupidity. And it...was..AWESOME!

Wesley Snipes is still the only Blade there ever has to be. Jennifer Garner has me wanting to rewatch Elecktra. Seeing Dafne Keen again was pure awesome. Was that the same guy who played Gambit in Origins, bec he looked completely different to me. IMDB search...nope, different guy. Still nice to see the character.

The credits were such a nostalgic heart ache. The post credits had me laughing my ass off.

I absolutely loved this movie and can't wait to see it again, bladder be damned!

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
View attachment 22811

Just saw it. My bladder was screaming by the end, but I saw it. Most of what I heard was dead on.

The plot was paper thin and what little plot there was was a blatant excuse for obvious fan wank stupidity. And it...was..AWESOME!

Wesley Snipes is still the only Blade there ever has to be. Jennifer Garner has me wanting to rewatch Elecktra. Seeing Dafne Keen again was pure awesome. Was that the same guy who played Gambit in Origins, bec he looked completely different to me. IMDB search...nope, different guy. Still nice to see the character.

The credits were such a nostalgic heart ache. The post credits had me laughing my ass off.

I absolutely loved this movie and can't wait to see it again, bladder be damned!

Channing tatum was someone that was going to be gambit in his own film, but it never got off the ground. Here is a little article on it.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
Yeah, I've been watching a lot of YouTube since I got home. I'm seeing that. Anyway, a few hours later, I'm still geeking out. Ryan and Hugh are such a perfect duo!

Shadewing

Citizen
Also just seen it today, Honestly it'd probably the weakest of the Deadpool movies, but was still a lot of fun.

Caldwin

Meow!
Citizen
That's kind of the whole thing about it. Yeah, the "plot" was paper thin. Even compared to the other Deadpool movies, it's not exactly the epitome of high art. But holy hell, was it fun!

Fero McPigletron

Feel the fear!
Citizen
Is there a list of stuff Reynolds wanted to get but couldn't? Ghost Rider would have been great. CGI him if Nicholas Cage wasn't available.

And he really must have wanted Thor around. He was using Thor's name as an expression.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Saw an interview where he said that there won't be a Deadpool 4. So I guess if we do see him again, it will be in the MCU.

The Predaking

Administrator
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Saw an interview where he said that there won't be a Deadpool 4. So I guess if we do see him again, it will be in the MCU.

Top Bottom