Disappointing Yellowing Mystery

Anonymous X

Citizen
There's a potential solution nobody tried, it's keep your toys in sunlight for a few hours, I've done it with Earthrise Megatron and Buzzworthy Dinobot and seen a little improvement.
Can’t try that in Britain. We’ve already had our allocation of sunshine until next May.

Anyway, NGL, I’ve been following the premature yellowing thread over on TFW, and it’s stopped my purchasing of new stuff in its tracks. Haven’t bought as few TF items in year going back to 1995. I’ve only had a few of the usual suspect premature-yellowers affected, but it’s enough to keep me very wary. (I mean, I’ve got TF figures from Earthrise and onwards which have discoloured worse than some of my remaining old G1 stuff.)

Glitch

Citizen
I did it in Britain, took me two weeks thanks to the weather here. Here's some pics of the best results, as I said they aren't perfect but better then they were espeically the netflix and Earthrise Megatrons. For the record they were glowing or brighter then that, grimlock was olive, cyclonus was banana, so it's an improvement.

20240915_121052.jpg
20240915_121201.jpg
20240915_121428.jpg

Sorry I didn't have the foresight to take pics before the attempts but I just wanted to see if it worked as some users suspected the individual who suggested it used paste.

Last edited:

Top Bottom