Dramatic Capture Series

MrBlud

Citizen
They did though.

That’s “dramatic capture” which (to my knowledge) has never featured a weird mispaneled red Teletraan-1.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
They did though.

That’s “dramatic capture” which (to my knowledge) has never featured a weird mispaneled red Teletraan-1.
The name of the set is "Autobot Headquarters". "Dramatic Capture Series" is the name of the toyline that it's being sold under.

Last edited:

Dake

Citizen
Other then having some yellow on his ******* boots, how is Mainframe not painted properly?
Lol. You answered your own question.

The giant yellow galoshes make up a full third of the color layout.

Ultimately it just seems like an odd choice. We got all orange/yellow Mainframe with the Ark. A fully colored rerelease would've likely made me snag this. Instead, eh... Not worth it. I suppose it could be nice for folks that want their Ark complete in ship mode, plus a Mainframe for elsewhere (or that passed on the Ark altogether) .

Good to know colors aren't important though.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
I honestly wouldn't mind this set...

Mainframe's colors don't bother me. Given what they did to other color schemes and details in the process of making them Action Masters, I can just as easily imagine this being his "true" color scheme.

Honestly, my biggest hangup is the lack of an Optimus trailer.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
Mainframe’s just there to be scenery in the same way the Decepticon set had the throne. That they colored the non-Teletraan parts at all is already above and beyond.

That said, I don’t see the appeal of the set outside of Mainframe. Jazz doesn’t look significantly different fron SS and we get dozens of Optimuses. Far cry from the decepticon set with the silver Earthrise Megatron, hard to find Soundwave mold and Shockwave in a nice lighter purple color.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Far cry from the decepticon set with the silver Earthrise Megatron, hard to find Soundwave mold and Shockwave in a nice lighter purple color.
Shockwave also had the tip of his gun barrel properly colored gray instead of purple.

Earthrise Megatron was pretty hard to find, too, considering his wave of release was smack dab in the middle of 2020's summer pandemic distribution chaos.

unluckiness

Somehow still sane
Citizen
I’d probably care if the mold didn’t have the lamest attempt at turning the stege mold into an Earth tank.

Badgertron

Citizen
Are the sets going to be the same price? They seem a bit lopsided, unless Mainframe counts as a Leader figure...

Blot

Citizen
Are the sets going to be the same price? They seem a bit lopsided, unless Mainframe counts as a Leader figure...
Decepticon set sold for 16,500¥
Autobot set is listed at 13,200¥, which is around $85 at this time. And potentially even a little less with early bird discounts if you shop from Japanese vendors.

Andrusi

Lun!
Citizen
One of the reasons I didn't expect a G1-colored Mainframe to ever happen was that his altmode only has any meaning in Ark colors. This is certainly a solution, and it doesn't look nearly as bad as I'd imagine if you described it to me, but I can't shake the mental image of a kid who's taken off only part of his costume made of cardboard boxes.

Blot

Citizen
The only thing I really dislike is that they barely changed the displays between this and the Ark one. The Matrix monitor is now an Autobot sigil, the monitor with the Ark shows it at a different angle, and the image of Vector Sigma is now Mainframe's own head. Sort of stymies my thoughts of having both Mainframes side by side for more scenery.

Platypus Prime

Citizen
These? Or was something else out there at one point?

No, I had a papercraft file of Teletraan 1 that you could print out, cut out, and fold into the computer, but I lost it. Though these are great, thank you!

And for 'extra screens' it may not be the most cost effective solution, but toyhax did make a set that might mix and match a bit between the two, and I imagine they will come out with a variant or something..

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
The only thing I really dislike is that they barely changed the displays between this and the Ark one. The Matrix monitor is now an Autobot sigil, the monitor with the Ark shows it at a different angle, and the image of Vector Sigma is now Mainframe's own head. Sort of stymies my thoughts of having both Mainframes side by side for more scenery.
Solution: Teletraan I and Teletraan II.

LBD "Nytetrayn"

Broke the Matrix
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
Mainframe’s just there to be scenery in the same way the Decepticon set had the throne. That they colored the non-Teletraan parts at all is already above and beyond.

That said, I don’t see the appeal of the set outside of Mainframe. Jazz doesn’t look significantly different fron SS and we get dozens of Optimuses. Far cry from the decepticon set with the silver Earthrise Megatron, hard to find Soundwave mold and Shockwave in a nice lighter purple color.

FWIW, I have none of 'em, so that's why the set looks cool as it is to me. YMMV.

I'm more annoyed that those screens are black instead of blue, as in the cartoon.

Top Bottom