Finding Old Posts

GrimlockSMASH

Citizen
Hey i was wondering how hard it would be to find an old post from before the server was compromised. I have the original URL link but im unsure how that would work. Im sure alot of that information is gone but I figured I would ask anyway.

CoffeeHorse

*sip*
Staff member
Council of Elders
Citizen
If you were subscribed to any old threads, check your emails for anything from Allspark. I've been able to largely restore one of my favorite threads because I never got around to deleting all the new post emails I got about it.

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
Sadly, everything was destroyed when the old forums went kaput. Everything that wasn't already on Internet Archive was beyond recovery. The hack was very thorough when it killed the forums.

GrimlockSMASH

Citizen
thats so upsetting i appreciate all the info though. i rather have known prior to just aimlessly searching through years of stuff to find it and come up empty handed, although it could be there its more likely its gone

Sabrblade

Continuity Nutcase
Citizen
thats so upsetting i appreciate all the info though. i rather have known prior to just aimlessly searching through years of stuff to find it and come up empty handed, although it could be there its more likely its gone
Yeah, the forum that we are currently on was created fully brand new, from scratch, from the ground up.

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
Sadly, everything was destroyed when the old forums went kaput. Everything that wasn't already on Internet Archive was beyond recovery. The hack was very thorough when it killed the forums.
Out of morbid curiousity, was it ever determined who was responsible?

(I may have mentioned elsewhere, but in 2021, during my surgical recuperation, I took a metaphorical steam-shovel to my Yahoo! mail account, and discovered several alerts regarding responses to old posts on a prior Allspark board. To my surprise and chagrin, following the links led to that summer's "under reconstruction" notice. As one can see, though, I have returned in any event, and found some new things to talk about.)

Tuxedo Prime

Citizen
All that's known is that it was some party with deliberate and malicious intent. The attack was no accident, and very thorough, with the full intent of destroying the forum completely and irreparably.
No fandom is immune to strife, I suppose. I know that well, yet sometimes I am still surprised.

Still, for all the personal back-blading that Transformers fandom was once infamous for, there hasn't been a lot of large-scale devastation such as this. Even the Wiki split was basically just a semi-polite and public code fork (with what was left in Wikia/Fandom finally starting to get maintained and get some referral prominence again, I notice, but there doesn't seem to be serious competition as such). The problems with Wikia were structural and regarding server practices, not personalities.

As Wonkette non-commenters say, "It would be irresponsible not to speculate", but the only person I would think capable of such Mr Yuck activity as melting Allspark's fora had no motive to do so.

I wish I knew what others had said to whatever I posted back in the day -- but I was willing to wait for the rebuild, and have by now posted quite a bit more on Allspark V3. Even if a lot of it has been about non-Transformer AIs....

Top Bottom